Arc 1 -Lost- Part 36
335 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What are you doing?” Tina asked as Marilyn’s light pink aura shone throughout the jeep.

“I’m just going and bring these two back to their senses,” Marilyn responded as a small magic circle appeared on the foreheads of Lacey and Kayla as well as on her own, “There’s no doubt they were being influenced by some spell so I’m going and break it.”

Even though she said that there was quite a bit of uncertainty within Marilyn’s mind. Firstly, she had no clue what kind of spell they were being controlled by or who made and for what purpose. Secondly, Marilyn was still an apprentice magician. As gifted as she was, she still wasn't a master of magic, and not to mention this was her first time using such a spell and trying to treat such a magical condition.

I don’t even know if this will work, she glanced over at the young girl beside her, but it has to work, no I’ll make it work. For Tina, and for Lacey and Kayla…and for you too, Dante. With that thought, she took a deep breath and continued to chant her spell. First, I’ll go for Kayla. As she thought that everything went white.

“Water?” Marilyn voiced as she felt wetness around her feet. Soon the sounds of moans and soft voices entered her ears, “Kayla?”

Slowly her eyes adjusted to her surroundings and before her was a luxurious open spring bathing area. Complete miniature fountains and waterfalls, warm steam that covered the area. But what caught Marilyn’s interest more was the figures up ahead of her.

That’s…! her eyes rounded as she saw Kayla and Dante fondling each other within the water.

“No…if you touch me there, I’ll-ah!” Kayla moaned out, her face making quite an obscene expression.

“I can’t help but want to, after all, I love you, Kayla,” Dante said as he gazed into her feverish eyes.

“R-really?!”

While she looked on at the scene, Marilyn couldn’t help but feel a little sting in her chest, though something else soon caught her eye. Dante’s shadow didn’t resemble him at all, in fact, it had a sinister aura about it.

“What is that?” as she mumbled to herself, it would seem the shadow noticed her presence, “Huh?”

It soon rose up and took on a freakish form, similar to a humanoid lizard. It’s eyes open with a deep red color, and its shadow claws extended out.

“Not good!” as she voiced that, the shadow vanished into a cloud of darkness, “Argh!” Marilyn cried out as it suddenly appeared behind her and slashed her back. “Take this!” she shouted back, but as she turned to fire her spell it vanished again.

The hairs on her back soon raised, but her reaction wasn’t quick enough and another strike assaulted her back. How is it moving around so fast? Huh?! Once again it appeared but this time right in her face. It gave out a devilish grin before attacking her front and sending her into the shallow spring waters. Marilyn forced herself to get back up quickly, but the shadow appeared before and attacked her again.

“AH!” Marilyn screamed out as her body danced around from the endless assaults from the shadow.

“Hm?” Kayla’s eyes turned away from Dante for a second as she heard the familiar voice, “Marilyn…what’s going on?”

“Don’t worry about her, focus on us,” the fake Dante said as he sucked on her neck.

“Emh…but…” Kayla moaned out as the pleasure ran through her.

“Argh!”

“Marilyn!” her eyes refocused on the beaten and scared Marilyn as she heard the cries of pain.

“I said don’t worry,”

“But she looks hurt, don’t you care about her too?”

“Of course I don’t. I love you after all,” he said as he tried to kiss her.

“What?”  Kayla immediately moved away as she heard his response, “You’re joking right?”

“No, I’m serious,” he cupped her face and leaned in closer, “You’re the only one I care about.”

“But…” he kissed her as she tried to speak, which caused her to become even more shocked. I should be happy to hear him say that, but… why does it feel so wrong…

“Ugh…!” Marilyn groaned out as she fought to stand up. Her body was marked with red slashes and her clothes were torn up, “Ah!” the shadow stomped unto her back causing another scream of pain to escape her mouth.

Kayla watched on from the corner of her eye as her lips were being taken. She then glanced back at the man before her. Is this…what I really want? As she thought that memories of the times she spent with Marilyn flashed through her mind. The joy they had when they were kids. The annoying, yet calming moments when they grew older and when on travels. The sadness and frustration when they were separated by that siren’s attack.

It was at that moment she also remembered how sang Dante’s praises on all he did to save her. How she trusted him so much to ask us to let him join our search for Moyra. Even how he helped both herself and Marilyn from those scaled women, and of course that night the three of them spent together.

Once more to stared at the defeated Marilyn, her face twisted by the pain. There’s no bloody way I’d ever want this…! She then pushed Dante away from her ending their kiss. There’s also no way Dante would ever say something like that and leave Marilyn to die!

“What’s wrong?” he asked as she suddenly pushed him away.

“I don’t want this…” she voiced slowly.

“What?”

“I said…I don’t bloody want this!” she shouted out at him, before kicking him away, “Marilyn!” she shouted as she ran over to her friend.

“K-Kayla?” Marilyn’s eyes glanced to the side as she heard her name being called from Kayla’s mouth.

“Get away from her!” as Kayla went to punch the shadow it vanished and then reappeared next to the fake Dante.

“Kayla…”

“It’s alright. Sorry, it took me so long to find my senses.”

“I’m just glad you did,” Marilyn said as Kayla helped her up.

“I’m very sad Kayla, I thought you loved me.”

“You’re not Dante! You’re just a fake,” Kayla replied as she raised her fist.

“I see…then this is goodbye,” as he said that, both him and the shadow vanished, then appeared on opposite sides of her.

“Huh-ah!” Kayla cried out as the sudden attacks caught her off guard, “What the hell…”

“I know, they keep teleporting that it's impossible to fight them.”

“There has to be a way- behind!” another series of attacks assaulted the girls.

“Ugh!”

“Marilyn?”

“I’m alright…” she wobbled up as she responded.

“This is insane…How in the Goddesses’ names are we supposed to beat them?”

“I might have a way,” Marilyn said as she whispered to her, “Right now we’re in you’re mind, but its being corrupted by a spell,” she explained, “I can cast a spell which will strengthen your mental fortitude so you can regain control of your mind.”

“Then I’ll be able to get rid of them?”

“That’s right, are you up for it?”

“Not like we have other options,” Kayla readied her fist once more, “I’ll keep them busy so cast the spell.”

“Will do.”

“I’m not done yet!” Kayla yelled as she charged at the two. They simply vanished before her attack could reach them, then countered as soon as they reappeared sending her tumbling into the warm waters. “That all you got…” she voiced as she stood back up and faced the two.

All the while Marilyn continued her chant. Just hang on for a little bit longer Kayla! Marilyn chanted as if her life depended on it. While getting killed here most likely wouldn’t cause them to die in the real world. However, depending on the spell it could leave them brain dead or leave behind serious psychological damage. With that knowledge in her mind, Marilyn knew she couldn’t let Kayla or herself get any serious injuries. She herself was already beaten, but it wasn’t too serious. But the longer this fight went on it wouldn’t be long before that changed.

“Ah!”

Kayla! After hearing the sudden scream, Marilyn peered over to find her friend being pinned by the two enemies. The water below her was stained in red.

“It didn’t have to be like this Kayla, we could’ve spent eternity here together.”

“I’d rather be burnt on a stake,” she said as she spat at him.

“If you so wish my beloved,” as he said that a large stake appeared from the shadows before her.

“N-not bad…” she tried to maintain her composure but just the sight of the stake was enough to fill her with fear.

“Shall we?” the fake Dante asked the shadow, which nodded in response and summoned a blue flame within its palm.

“I don’t think so,” Marilyn said. When they looked at her, a sudden beam shot out and landed on Kayla. Soon her body began to glow. ‘Kayla, you’re all set!”

“You sure took your sweet time,” Kayla gave a smirk as she then closed her eyes. Suddenly the flame in the shadow’s hand disappeared along with the large stake.

“W-what’s this?!” as he asked that a large magic circle appeared overheard and in its center, a vortex opened up and began pulling the shadow and the fake Dante into it.

“I guess this is goodbye, beloved,” as she said that the pull on the vortex grew stronger and the shadow was the first to be pulled in and completely disappeared within it.

“No… I’m sorry I failed you…my madame!” the fake Dante shouted as he two was pulled in and consumed by the vortex. With the two gone, the vortex quickly closed and the magic circle disappeared as well.

“That…was close,” Kayla voiced as she stood up.

“You alright?” Marilyn asked as she ran up to her.

“I am now,” she flashed a smile, but then she was caught off guard as Marilyn pulled her into a hug. Tears falling from her eyes. “W-what’s wrong?”

“I’m just glad you’re back…” Marilyn said as she continued to cling to her friend.

 

If you enjoy don't forget to rate or even leave a comment.

6