Chapter 3: Golden orb
1.4k 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing yet another god approaching him he decided to scare this one as well.

So, after waiting for them to get a little closer, Nick began to speak.

"Greetings to the other lord here, how may this humble servant help you? Your highness might not know this but I was killed due to helping a fellow human. I stood in the face of evil, and fought without cowering!"

"In fact, some people back on earth warned me not to get involved. But I looked them straight in the eyes and liberated them from a tough environment that they were in themselves."

"And when I was put in front of the cameras, and the world asked why I stood up for the weak while knowing full well that I would be putting myself in danger, I righteously told the world that I would always help those that are worthy of it."

"Now I know that I had a very terrible past, but I have learned from them and used them to do good, so tell me, do I deserve to go to hell for what I did in the past even though I died trying to make up for them?"

After saying his peace he started observing their reactions to see whether he should continue or not. He had used his specialty just now to create the perfect version of the truth, for example when he said that he liberated some people from a tough environment he meant he fired them from their jobs relieving them from their tiring work.

As for what he said to the public about him helping those that were worthy, he actually said worth his time which obviously meant those that will pay him enough. This terrorism case was kind of an advertisement for his business, cause who doesn't want a lawyer that could actually win against the government in a terrorism case.

But he had no idea if the ploys of the mortal world would work on the gods. And as Nick observed their reactions, he saw only the two gods nodding at each other with a gloomy expression hanging on their faces.

"Forgive me, young master, but this is for your own good." Sighing heavily and with an apologetic face, Mather disappearing from Nick's view and appearing right in from of him.

"Wait, wha...." before he could make sense of why the god was calling him young master, he felt a sharp and brutal sting stemming from his back, but Nick didn't get to yelp in pain as his eyes rolled backward, and he fell unconscious.

The moment Nick blacked out, he appeared in some kind of empty dark blue space that looked to be completely empty aside from a shiny Golden orb hovering comfortably in the middle. This orb gave one a contradictory feeling, it made him one feel both safe, and intimidated at the same time.

Nick was staring blankly at the Golden orb, curiously wondering how the orb was able to float like that despite not being connected to anything when an ancient voice suddenly interrupted his thoughts and started reverberating throughout the space, and the origin of this ancient voice was the small Golden orb.

"YOU ARE NOT READY TO TAKE THIS GREAT PATH! YOUR BODY I CAN MOLD! YOUR MIND I CAN MOLD! BUT YOUR WILL CAN ONLY BE TEMPERED BY YOURSELF! SO GO, I HAVE GRANTED YOU, YOUR NEW BODY'S MEMORIES. GO NOW, WE WON'T MEET UNTIL YOUR WILL IS STRONG ENOUGH!"

Nick couldn't speak in this space, he was restricted by some mysterious power. He had a feeling this was done by the entity inside the Golden orb, the entity must have restricted him because it deemed him unworthy to even speak.

As soon as the mysterious orb finished saying its piece, a metaphorical dam was broken loose as large amounts of foreign memories flooded Nick's mind. And as he learned more about this world and his new body, he was embarrassed to learn he had actually transmigrated into another world and was not in the afterlife as he had initially believed.

His new name was coincidentally also Nick, he was the second young master of the Michelson family. The first person he had referred to as God, was his servant Mathew, who was in charge of his training in both etiquette and cultivation.

This explained the look of fear and confusion he had seen on the poor man before, and the second man that came with Mathew was his distant uncle as well as the family's top physician, George Michelson.

How was he going to look the two men in the eyes when he wakes up later?! 

And this wouldn't be a good transmigration story if it didn't have some good old cultivation, now would it? Cultivation here could be classified into five realms which were, the Spirit realm, the Profound realm, the Origin realm, the Gathering realm, and finally the Transcendent realm.

The previous Nick suffered from severe depression, which wasn't something common in the cultivation world. But Nick found it weird, there was no way that the depression the previous Nick suffered from came naturally, it was just a little too convenient, the depression had started almost as soon as Nick's talent was determined to be much higher than his other two brothers!

The boy was so depressed and sulky, that he had nearly stopped cultivating completely! And while his brothers sat in their rooms immersed in the exciting experience that was cultivation, he on the other hand couldn't bring himself to do the same, as he found it a rather tedious affair, and procrastinating, and saying he would do it later until, well, until he died.

Now the only thing he couldn't figure out was how the previous host of this body died. Nick had no idea if should be thanking, or cursing at the person that killed the previous host of this body. On one hand, they had killed him, in a sense, on the other hand, they had given him the opportunity to live again, in a sense...

31