Chapter 19: Wink
457 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at the Main quest on the screen Nick felt utterly depressed, is this karma for thinking cultivation was easy?

Nick breathed in deeply, knowing there was nothing he could do about it now, he turned his head to the three skill books and accepted the cooking Skill book first.

Ding! Does the host want to learn The Cooking skill?

"Yes," Nick replied quickly.

Nick then saw countless images flashing and imprinting themselves into his memory, but since there was a large volume of information, it took a while to complete.

After he had fully learned the technique, Nick opened his eyes with anticipation for his new skill, and yelled out, "Ingredients!"

But unfortunately, he just happened to be looking at the kids as he said it!

[Human children(Maggi&Dean)

The kids in front of you are orphans with low nutrition value. And since their father was a thief, and they have worked as thieves for a while themselves, their meat carries a sneaky after taste.

Cooking these beings will turn the host into a cannibal, but if the host doesn't mind, there are multiple ways to cook them, it is the host's choice, there is the human stuffing recipe, boiled human recipe...

Effects: increase Exp by 50

]

Nick ducked his head through the window and started vomiting violently. What the fuck was wrong with this skill?! It even gave him a recipe for cooking humans?! What a fuckedup skill...

'System, could you please erase the human portion?!' Nick asked. Hoping that the system could help him with his current plight.

Ding! Sorry host, but once a skill is given, no refunds or modifications are allowed!

Maggi and Dean were previously certain that their diagnosis was correct, sure that the reason for Nick’s mood swings was because it was his time of the month, but now that he was vomiting too, this meant they were wrong, and according to their analysis, Nick could only be…pregnant...!

If Nick knew that the kids were playing doctor and thought he was pregnant he would have vomited some more except this time it would have been blood!

Nick soon calmed down from his worries. As long as he didn't use the skill when looking at kids there won't really be a problem, right?

After that, Nick turned his eyes towards the disguising skill, and warily accepted it.

Ding! Does the host want to learn the Disguise skill?

"Yes."

Again, a large influx of information flooded his brain, but there wasn't as much information as the cookbook.

All he needed to do was think of the creature he wanted to turn into and activate the technique, then he would look exactly like the creature, for now, he can only deceive people that are one realm higher than him meaning those at the Fifth rank of the gathering realm!

Although Nick wanted nothing more than to test out the technique right away, he knew that this technique could very well save his life one day, so he need not expose it to people even if it was to the two siblings.

And finally, he turned his eyes towards the Crimson step technique.

Ding! Does the host want to learn the Crimson steps technique?

"Definitely!"

And in came the knowledge, but this time there was even less than the disguise technique!

After acquiring his skills, Nick swiftly checked the stats.

[Status]

[Name: Nick Michelson

Title: The Slayer Of Scorpions

Energy cultivation: Origin realm rank 5

Physical Body Cultivation: None

Cultivation Techniques: Star Devouring Dragon manual

Physical Body Skill: None

Skill: Dragon eyes, Cooking Skill, Disguise skill Level 1/10 (Ten domineering points to level up)

Technique: Crimson steps Level 1/3 (5 domineering points to level up)

Experience points: 10,000

Domineering points: -300(In debt, please pay it back as soon as possible. Thank you.)

Bloodlines: Heaven devouring Ancient Dragon bloodline]

 

After opening his stats, Nick noticed all he needed to level up his techniques and skills were domineering points, and thanks to the five hundred points he had gotten from the gift bag earlier, he now only needed three hundred more to get out of his debt!

Now that all the excitement was over, Nick turned his head to the window and began planning his next step. Their destination was Carmon city, Nick chose this place because it was one of the most powerful commercial cities in the Nova empire, and since he needed to sell the herbs and weapons he had stolen, this was the perfect place to do it.

"Sir, we have arrived!" Peter, the carriage driver, roared out the announcement, startling everyone inside the carriage. T

Looking out from the carriage Nick could see why this was one of the most prosperous cities, the wall that stretched out so far and wide that Nick couldn't even see its end, the tall building that could be seen peeking out from the tall walls gave the city a feeling of security and power that was incomparable with the Raffle city Nick had just left behind.

But what would really catch someone’s eye about this city, was the large Golden Plaque that had the name of the city inscribed on it. The words inscribed on the plaque seemed to carry some mystical power since one could feel the words jumping at them. But Nick wasn’t too impressed with this, since this sort of resembled the LED signboards of his previous life.

And soon, Nick’s carriage pulled up to the gates, but Nick didn’t get to enjoy the view any longer since a guard walked up to his window side, and asked him to pay a spirit stone for entry! Nick was embarrassed, he could be considered wealthy if one counted the weapons and herbs in his duffle bag, but he didn't have a single spirit stone on him at the moment.

But Nick kept a straight face and turned his head over to the twins sitting across from him. Dean seemed to be focused and was trying to absorb the energy inside the spirit stone, while Maggi seemed reluctant to do so as she kept rubbing it like it was the most precious thing in the world.

Nick then casually stretched his hands and grabbed Maggi's spirit stone, which prompted Maggy to look up and stare at him, and after a minute of awkward silence Nick said, "Thank you for keeping it safe for me." And with a little tug, he took the Spirit stone under Maggi’s horrified eyes.

Maggi stared as her shameless big brother took the stone and gave it to the guards at the gate. Then the bastard closed his eyes like what he did was natural and reasonable.

But she didn't say anything she just stared at him without blinking and waited, she was waiting until he grows a conscience! She was waiting for him to laugh and say' joking!'! She was waiting for him to regain his humanity because she firmly believed that no one could be this shameless!

Nick didn't care if she was staring at him at all, he needed that spirit stone to enter the city so he took it. And after he sold his things, he will reward her with two more...no, one more will do, she was still a kid, and giving her too much might spoil her. And the reason Nick didn't take Dean’s spirit stone instead, was only because he didn't want to interrupt the boy’s cultivation.

After passing the gates, Nick kept gasping as his carriage toured the city. Carmon city sure was prosperous, just the materials that some of these buildings were made off alone cost more than his three duffle bags.

They then traveled for thirty minutes before they came in front of a building with the name of 'Not the dark market, nothing illegal here, trust us!', Nick just sighed at people's stupidity nowadays, are they afraid no one would know that they are the Dark market?

After they reached the shop, Nick went inside alone to sell his things. He didn't care if they were the dark market or the bright market as long as they paid a fair price for his goods.

"Sir, how may I help you?" A gorgeous sales girl came to greet him with her hips swinging side to side with gusto. Nick was really worried that she might knock something over with that much movement.

"I'm here to sell things." Nick curtly replied.

"Oh, can the handsome young master show me the goods?" As she asked, the Salesgirl did an alluring wink at Nick.

"Why did you wink at me?" Nick immediately knew she wanted to use her looks to buy his thing at a discounted price, so how could he let that happen.

"Oh...did...I, sorry young master you were just too handsome, I couldn't help myself." The Salesgirl was shocked. How could this guy be so oblivious?! Why did he have to make her feel so embarrassed all of a sudden?!

"Oh, that makes sense, I am quite handsome." Nick gave the girl another straight forward response, with no smile to indicate he was joking.

"Hehe, young master, you are so funny!" The Salesgirl said as she did a cute giggle.

"I wasn't joking though!" Nick replied sternly. Was this woman saying he wasn’t handsome?!

The sales clerk was wary, she must have encountered a crazy one this time! But she was also furious, she refused to believe she couldn't charm this man!

"I apologize for the heat, sir." The sales clerk said all of a sudden, and then she slowly unbuttoned her top button, showing off her fair cleavage.

"Actually, it's quite cold up in here. Why don’t you button that back up? I don’t want you to catch a cold." Nick replied, refusing to give the girl an advantage.

"..."

Ratings and reviews will be appreciated, and shares, even more so.

14