Chapter 99: Karma, part 1
156 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Excuse me? What did you say, your majesty?!" Nick could hardly believe his ears.

 

"Who are you calling your majesty silly, I'm sweet baby Duke, did you forget my name mommy?!" The Emperor seemed slightly angry when he said the last few words as his terrifying cultivation base erupted menacingly, startling the shit out of Nick.

 

Nick had to admit he was skilled, he probably had no rivals right now beneath the Transcendence realm, and even against a transcendence realm expert, he might be able to put up a fight if he exhausted most of his means!

 

But an immortal realm expert, especially a peak Immortal core realm expert wasn't someone Nick could deal with at the moment, at most Nick could only use the teleportation talisman to escape, but that would mean he would have burnt one of the biggest trump cards in his possession since that was a one-use item.

 

So, when a peak Immortal core realm expert insists that you are his mommy, one can only say...

 

"Son!!! Where have you been, I've been worried sick about you!!" Nick's eyes were blood-red when he spoke, showing just how much he cared for his son as a mother.

 

"Mommy! Wuuuuuu...I'm sorry I worried you, mommy, sweet baby Duke was wrong! Please don't be sad." The Emperor ran over and hugged Nick and began wailing in Nick's embrace while making sure to wipe all his snot and tears onto the robe Nick was wearing.

 

"Sweet...baby Duke, what a nice name my son has, I wonder who gave it to you?" Nick was curious to know who would give the Emperor such a ridiculous name.

 

But the Emperor suddenly stopped crying and looked at his mother like she was an idiot as he said, "It was you that named me silly, mommy, are you okay, do you need me to check if you have a fever?" The Emperor sounded worried during his last words.

 

"Ahhhh, no need, I was just checking if my son remembered who gave him such an awesome name." Nick lied his way through, and the Emperor didn't doubt him either.

 

"Duke, can I ask, did a large piece of the roof land on your head in there, or did you maybe knocked into something very tough...?" This was the only explanation Nick could think of, otherwise, nothing could explain why the prideful Emperor was acting like a spoiled child at the moment, let alone that he was referring to him as his mother.

 

Ding! You have literally angered someone to insanity, title unlocked, Mind Surgeon!

 

[Mind Surgone: If you speak to someone long enough you can mess up their thinking process and even replace some of their memories. And if you talk to them long enough, you can even make them forget their identity!]

 

Nick shivered in fright when he heard the system notification, but not because of the Mind Surgeone title, that title was awesome and all but that wasn't what scared him right now, what scared him was the realization that he had driven a powerful Emperor into insanity within a week!!!

 

If that wasn't scary then he didn't know what was! Right now, he even scared himself, how terrifying was he really?!

 

Now that he knew that the Emperor was truly insane Nick wasn't worried anymore, he could manipulate a fully grown man like he was nothing, so how hard could handling a baby be?

 

But as soon as Nick thought those words he regretted it deeply, in every movie, series or tv show the words 'How hard can it be?' has always been a jinx that made every situation a hundred times more difficult.

 

"Duke, do you see that ring on your finger, give it to mommy dear. Mommy needs it to buy you lots of sweets!" Nick had his eyes set on the Storage ring he saw on the Emperor's finger.

 

"Hmm, do you mean this storage ring, mommy? I'm not giving! It's mine, mine, mine, mine!!!" The Emperor hid the ring-wearing hand behind his back as he wined.

 

"Huh?..." Nick was surprised the Emperor even knew what a storage ring was, but perhaps he only forgot who he was, but not all his memories, he probably still retained his general knowledge.

 

"Duke, you are making mommy very sad, you know how I raised you as a single mother, do you know how tough it was for me to balance my work and still be there for you, I worked hours every day just to put food on the table and yet you can't even give your mother a single ring?! Wuuuu...do you hate your mother that much...wuuuu!"

 

Nick turned his head and began crying miserably with his shoulders also moving up and down to match his rhythm.

 

"No!!! Mommy, I didn't realize that you had sacrificed so much for me! I will give you the ring, just stop crying, please! Here mommy, here, take the ring!" The Emperor took off his finger reluctantly, with his eyes welling up with tears and his arms shaking.

 

He didn't know exactly why he was so reluctant, he didn't even like the color or design of the ring, and yet, from deep down there was this unspeakable fondness that he felt for the ring that even he couldn't describe.

 

"No! I don't want it anymore, you keep the ring, you like it more than me anyway so keep the ring, I will leave!"

 

Nick shoved the ring back to the Emperor and walked away, he had truly intended on getting the ring at first, but he now realized that if he did take the damn ring the Emperor would probably keep following him for who knows how long, so, he decided to ditch the Emperor by using the ring as an excuse, he didn't need the ring too badly anyway.

 

"No!!! No way! I don't like this stupid ring! I only like mommy! Mommy here, here, take it!" The Emperor was terrified once he heard that his mommy would leave him, so he shoved the ring down Nick's cloth tearfully and ran back a little, for fear of having his mother shove it back at him.

 

"Ahhhhh!" Nick was startled when he noticed the Emperor had forcefully jammed his arms into his robe to give him the ring, but looking at the Emperor's expression he knew that he would never get out of this situation so easily. The Emperor truly thought he was his mother, and he loved him as if he truly was, which made it difficult.

 

"Fine, thank you for giving me the ring then son. Let's get out of here before the owner of the palace comes and accuses us of the destruction." Nick could only take the manchild with him for now, as for what would happen later on, he would have to cross that bridge when he comes to it.

 

"Ahhhh, mommy, I broke a couple of things inside, will the man come and punish me for it?!" The Emperor looked worried as he looked deep into Nick's eyes, hoping that his mother would make his frightened heart feel better.

 

"Maybe, I hear the owner of this palace is an ugly tyrant that enjoys sunbathing naked, he even enjoys going around the place acting like a child sometimes, so, such a lunatic can not be understood by poor commoners like us," Nick replied, and to relieve his frustration he even made sure to curse the Emperor out a little.

 

"He is not that kind of person!" Baby Duke didn't know why, but for some reason as soon as he heard Nick trash talk the owner of the palace he felt incredibly uncomfortable, and those words just seemed to have formed naturally in his mouth as he spoke up defensively for the owner.

 

"How would you know that?!" Nick snapped irritably.

 

"Because...I know! Mommy let's not talk about that any longer, when are you going to buy me the sweets you promised, if your not, can I have the ring back, I will let you touch it once in a while, no, twice in a while!" The Emperor said with two fingers raised.

 

Nick just couldn't understand why he found this Emperor much cuter than his other two kids...wait a minute, since when did he have any kids?!! Nick was startled as he slapped his head hard, he had to stop thinking like this, he was single and ready to mingle, he had two siblings and a nut that kept following him, that's all!

 

After getting his thinking straight Nick smiled in satisfaction, he had finally put his head on right!

 

The Emperor was staring intently at Nick waiting for an answer when he saw his mother mumbling to herself, then out of nowhere she slapped herself and smiled as if she enjoyed it.

 

"Mommy, if you enjoy it that much let me make you happier!" The Emperor smiled widely.

 

Bang!

 

Nick was planted in the ground by the Emperor.

 

Fuck your mother...just...fuck me! Nick could only spit out some dirt as he cursed himself out, what could he do, this was the handy work of his creation, whoever said that karma doesn't affect the main protagonists of a story must have enjoyed shitting through his mouth a lot.

Update in your author's love life, I have decided to dump the policewoman I was dating! She was just too clingy, she followed me to the bathroom, asked me who I talked to, where I was going, and even kept me locked up just so I wouldn't cheat on her. So, after waiting for an opening I ran out of the police station, or as I would like to call it, our 'love station'! And no matter how many of her friends she sent to come and find me I stayed hidden firmly, I have ended it with a firm heart.

Quick question, what does it mean when your ex-girlfriend chases you with a gun?

7