Chapter 108: Fight! Fight! Fight!
123 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the way to the forest, Nick opened the Gathering realm gift bag, having a gift, but not knowing what was inside was terribly irritating.

Ding! Opening the Gathering realm gift bag, the host has obtained One longevity pill, two thousand domineering points, and a Hidden quest card!

Nick then went on to inspect their description.

[Longevity pill- Are you old and balding, has age ruined your skin and made you ugly? Well, say goodbye to all that, because with just one Longevity pill your skin will immediately return to its youthful and healthy appearance, allowing you to look no older than twenty years old! But warning, it only makes you look like it, you will still die once your age is up, but at least you die looking pretty, right?!]

Nick classified this pill as utterly useless and went on to check the next gift since the domineering points were clear enough.

[Hidden quest card- This is a very rare card that is usually very hard to find. This card has the ability to reveal a hidden quest to the host which is usually hidden until the host satisfies certain criteria.]

Nick also understood what the System meant by rare card, the hidden mission he completed that got him the mysterious gauntlets was revealed because he had accidentally harmed the Emperor, and the other hidden mission about another piece of the same set was recently unlocked when he accidentally took the Empire's core cultivation technique from the Emperor's throne.

But with this card, he could change one random hidden mission into an open mission where he would know exactly what to do to receive the rewards!

Yet, before Nick could test the card or open the other gift bag he found that he had arrived at the forest, and he didn't feel quite comfortable leaving the kids and Peter alone with the crazy Emperor, who knows when that bastard would get his memories back?!

"Master!" Silver ran over to Nick as soon as he got out of the pet storage space, causing the poor earth to tremble under his humungous feet.

"What happened to you, since when were you so eager to leave the pet space, didn't you look dejected when I took you out in the mine last time?" Nick couldn't figure out what was wrong with the stupid beast, did beasts suffer from hormonal imbalance too?!

"Of course I'm happy to see you master! By the way master, did you manage to get the Dark heavenly gold last time, you promised me two kilograms to aid my cultivation remember?" Silver was drooling by the end of its speech.

"Hmph, so that's why you look so eager, you want some Dark heavenly gold, but how hell would you use it to aid your cultivation?!" Nick felt like the beast was trying to trick him, what could a beast possibly do with the ore?

"Master, you shouldn't look down on beasts like that, just as you humans use these items to build swords and other weapons, we beasts use them to strengthen parts of our bodies to match those weapons!" Silver began to explain.

"If a beast with a very low bloodline is equipped with a Dark heavenly gold armor it could even rival those of noble bloodlines! And although two kilograms won't be nearly enough for me to make armor, I can use it to strengthen my beast core, which will then be more powerful and can take in more energy afterward."

Silver was explaining everything to his master seriously, he wondered sometimes why the all-powerful Nick lacked the most basic of knowledge, but he just chalked it up to Nick not wanting to learn about it, because there were indeed people in this world who enjoyed ignorance.

"Okay then, never say I didn't do anything for you, here, take five kilograms of the ore and become stronger!" Nick handed Silver five kilograms of Dark heavenly gold generously because he knew very well that the stronger his mount became, the faster and smoother most of his travels will be.

Silver didn't stand there idle either as it swallowed the ores down in one gulp and began to stare at Nick in surprise, this was actually the first time Nick had given it anything of true value ever since becoming its master.

"Now travel to that village, we will be picking up the others and traveling to another, more prosperous Empire!" Nick then jumped onto the saddle and began handing out commands as he finally got to lay on his comfortable Deluxe bed welded onto the saddle.

"Master, I sense a powerful cultivator up ahead, what should I do?!" Silver felt all his beastie senses tingling as a warning of the powerful cultivator up ahead.

"Oh that, don't mind it and just keep on flying, the cultivator you're speaking of is just my son, sigh, weak, isn't he?" Nick said casually as he rolled around in his bed while hugging a pillow childishly.

"Son?! Master, you have a son?!" Silver was startled, Nick looked so young and pure, but who knew he had a child at such an age, and such a powerful one too?

"Why are you making me repeat myself?!" Nick really didn't like talking about it, he was a single dog, a lone wolf, but somehow, he ended up adopting twins as his siblings and a middle-aged Emperor as his son?!

"Silver, you're here!" Maggi and Dean saw the gigantic Silver approaching them and ran towards it in a hurry.

Silver hated it when the twins did this, it made it so difficult for him to land easily, he had to be extra careful because he had to worry about accidentally squashing one of them or even both of them, how was he going to explain himself to Nick then?

So, in order to avoid this annoyance, Silver simply landed hundreds of meters away from where Peter, Duke, and the twins were situated. Silver figured they could use the exercise.

But although the Emperor and the kids didn't mind it much, Peter, who was beaten up like a dog earlier was suffering to get over to Silver, and once he painstakingly did, he realized he couldn't even climb up due to his backache!

Thankfully though, Peter and Silver were on good terms since he was usually in charge of cooking its meals, so the nice beast used its large paw to lift up the injured man and placed him gently on the saddle.

"Oooooooh, how I missed this bed!" Dean was so happy to be reunited with his bed, Nick had bought all the beds from the system and they were all pretty comfortable, and due to the strong bodies of the cultivators here the furniture of this world didn't really care much for comfort but instead focused sternly on appearance.

"Ah! Everybody, stop where you are! My chocolate safe is not here!! Somebody robbed my safe!!!" Maggi suddenly screamed out in horror as she searched frantically under her bed.

"Cough...sis...you said that was your underwear drawer, and to not touch it since you were the only girl on board?" Dean was confused.

"Yaaaaa, did you expect me to tell you that it was where I kept my precious chocolates then?!" Maggi felt like her brother was a little slow.

"No, but if you hadn't said that I wouldn't have taken the trouble of carrying it all the way over to Imperial city for you because I thought you forgot to bring it with you?!" Dean was also angry now, nobody enjoyed being talked down to.

"Then why didn't you give it to me in the palace, you, chocolate thief?!" Maggi had never expected that the betrayal to actually come from her own brother!

"Well...that, I was going to hold them for random when you started to stink and ask you for some of your chocolates in exchange for them, but then I forgot about it since I was busy being chased around by women all day." Dean now felt embarrassed, even he had to admit he wasn't in the right in this situation.

"Hahaha! Nice one!" Nick was lying on the bed bored when he heard the interesting conversation between the twins.

"You!!! Then where is it now?!" Maggi asked furiously with veins sticking out of her head in rage, she swore to get her revenge if she didn't get her chocolates back!

"Still in the palace...safe and sound..." Dean then looked up to see his sister who was staring at him with a creepy-ass smile and hurriedly got into bed, covering himself up with blankets from head to toe, because, out of sight, out of mind, right?!

"I hope you drown in chocoshit!!! You thief, and after all, I've done for you, I even got rid of all those girls that came to your room with love letters for you...umm..."

Maggi bit her tongue, how could she let something so dangerous slip out?

Dean then slowly uncovered his head and stared at his sister hatefully.

"So, you were the reason that I never got a reply to my immaculate poems?!!" Dean jumped out of bed and asked angrily.

Peter turned to Nick, hoping that as the bigger brother he would be able to maturely solve this matter. But sadly...

"Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!" Both Nick and his son Duke stood at the side chanting the same thing, but the Emperor was just imitating his father, Nick was the one that started the chanting!

 

 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! I will be releasing one chapter a day, not two, from now on. Thank you for reading.

5