Ch 1 A blessed Gift
184 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So this is where it ends huh? Here on this old nasty couch in an old rundown house. I put my hand on my chest to feel my heart’s last beats. Then I lost the one thing I loved most, my mind. Then my thoughts flooded back all at once. Had I returned to life after my demise? "No I'm afraid you’re not back with the living right now."

Who said that? I tried to voice as much but it seems I can’t speak. "don't worry, we know what you’re thinking." Now I’m concerned they know what I’m thinking and there’s two of them?! "No need for concern we mean no harm."  Then another voice sounded, a male voice with a smooth and silky tone. "He's right. We only want to help you."

I wasn't calm now but I wasn't scared either. Who are these two and how do they know me? The first voice spoke in its rough tone. "We are your biggest fans. We are the gods of the mind. I'm Pensta, god of thoughts, and he is Gin, god of dreams." Well that would explain this situation, I think. They said they were my biggest fans though. Wouldn't that be degrading to them to be fans of a mortal? "Not really" Pensta replied.  “We love to ponder and reflect." Gin spoke next. "Not much for two gods to reflect on all by themselves." 

Okay but am I really that special? I was never in the spotlight. "Not while you were alive but after your death is a different story." "Yes Gin is right. You were a great philosopher, one of the best. You inspired people and even us." "So I, Gin, will grant you a wish you have dreamed of. "I, Pensta, will bless you with a great assistant.”

Something I've dreamed of huh dragons. Please tell me I can be a dragon?! "If this is what you dream of, then yes, I, Gin, permit it.” There was a silence then. "Know before we go we both have one last gift. That is simply a name to go with the new life. I grant you the name Tevo and with it may you reach your goals." That is something I could do. With a warm feeling in me I fell asleep and would wake up to a new life and a friend.  

7