[1] Whisked Away
206 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A gentle breeze blew through the classroom, rustling papers on the desks and the moderately short skirts of the girls.

Desks were laid out all facing a podium where a professor spoke in a lazy voice, her face showing how tired she was.

"Other life besides humans may be impossible because for all we know, humanity on a whole was merely an 'accident' in the grand scheme of things."

Hearing her words, one of the straight A students, a girl with silky black hair and pretty features raised her hand.

"Yes Sarah?" The professor raised an eyebrow as she looked at one of her favorite class students, however she also found her exasperating.

"So if humanity was nothing but an accident, why can't other lifeforms exist? I mean, the universe is huge, who knows if some other race built a civiliz-"

"This is a science major, not a place to discuss aliens. Do you have any other relevant questions?" The professor interuppted Sarah and asked with a hint of ridicule in her tone.

"N-no." Sarah lowered her head, hiding her furiously blushing cheeks as a wave of embarrassment overcame her.

Chris looked at the situation and couldn't help but sigh. 'You're being paid to teach, so why do you act like we asked you to volunteer or something?'

His brown eyes followed the professor for a moment before returning his gaze to his desk, or more precisely, his phone.

He flicked the screen and read one of his favorite novels, one where the main character learns that there was more to the world than he thought.

Of course, he also had a plethora of beauties at his side, each beautiful and outstanding in their own ways.

'Fuck, I need to find a secret magic manual and learn magic... Then I'd take over the world and get all the ladies...'

He smiled faintly at the thought, however his mind came to a halt when a sharp pain shot up his foot.

Before he could let out a yelp, the offender stepped away with a mocking look on his face as he said sorry.

"What? You got mad? How about I teach you what happens when you go against Adrian?" The youth whisper shouted, ignoring the glance the professor sent his way.

"Stop talking to him, he's ugly and a failure to boot, who'd want to interact with him? You're actually doing him a favor by bullying him."

Another youth said with a arrogant smirk. Chris frowned, however he couldn't do anything as he had already tried, yet no one took anything he said seriously.

Perhaps it had to do with his face, and he knew he wasn't handsome, rather he was below average in looks with a bit of extra weight on his body.

Before when he brought up the fact that he was being bullied, the bully's father, the Principal came and gave him a warning.

Now Chris was stuck without a way out and if he wanted to graduate, he had to tolerate the bullying.

The door opened and a handsome youth, with a small smile walked in and took a seat near the front.

"Adrian, a pleasure to see you join us, even if you're half an hour late." The professor said as she picked up her book and headed to the door.

"Self study until I return. A quiz will be waiting for those who think they can pass my class with minimum effort." Along with her words, the door closed.

"Adrian is arrogant as always, not even giving the professor an excuse as to why he was late." A youth with pimples said in a hushed tone.

"Yeah, but so what? He's good looking, has a powerful family and has good grades, what else does he need?"

Chris rolled his eyes as he knew first-hand how cruel Adrian was. Just as he was about to start studying, he felt a small tremor start from beneath him and rattled his chair.

He looked down in time to see a massive glowing circle appear on the ground, with runes and words scrawled all over.

Not only him, but others in the classroom took notice, but before anyone could react, the circle let out a massive pillar of light, shooting into the skies and blinding everyone in the radius.

 

7