1~ Cosmic
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1

[Cosmic]

Cosmico “Coz”

The stars are bright tonight. What a lovely sight.

Ever since I was a child, I always wanted to stare at the stars, just like this. I feel quite grateful to be here today.

The hologram pops up in front of me, almost scaring me. It shows a map of some stars loading from the computer. There is a red dot in the center, but it shows no signal.

I’ll have to check the telescope again. I press on that point on the hologram, and the dome of the laboratory moves its machines towards that direction at the sky. The large, white telescope waits for me. The future awaits! Well, I’m not sure about that yet. I sit down and peek through the telescope, yet it shows the same thing.

Nothing.

As if life was ever existent outside this galaxy.

I sigh, looking around for unusual star patterns again. I hope someday I’ll findable perfect match. But now, I can’t wait to go home and rest.

“12:30 AM.”

Gosh it’s late. Do I always stay up this late? But these days, it’s been busy. I don’t blame myself.

Once I’m at my house, I get a phone call. It’s Argentina. I pick up, and she answers.

“Coz!”

“What? What’s happened?”

Her voice is so energetic and lively that it surprises me.

“I have great news. I might have found someone like you.”

“What you mean?”

She hangs up and calls from my cellphone.

“The hell?”

As I pick up, a hologram of her shows up on the big screen TV. I sigh. “I think I might have found this one!!” She holds up a very very old-looking picture. It was a boy and I possibly from 60 or so human years ago in that island playing at a beach.

“Don’t tell me you found that particular person... That’s impossible.”

She shakes her head. “It’s not. I did all my research. He lives somewhere near or along the equator, possibly in a port town near where I live.”

I shake my head. “Whatever. Do you want me to call Melody about it or what?”

She nods excitedly and hangs up right away. “God damn it woman. Crazy ass. I dunno what she’s up to.”

I ring to Melody.

“Hey Sis.”

“Huh? What you want?” She’s chewing that gum loudly, as if she’s annoyed.

“Um, I think Genna might have found someone like us.” I do the quotation fingers.

“Ugh. Wow big deal. Well, I mean that would be cool, but naahhh. It’ll be awkward ‘n stuff right?”

“I don’t know. Anyways, where r ya?”

“At my next concert, dude. I’m about to perform.”

“Oh shit. Sorry for calling now. Good luck sis.”

“Yep.” She hangs up abruptly.

Well damn. These people don’t know how to say a proper goodbye.

So I go upstairs, taking off my lab coat. I don’t really care how my life goes, as long as I’m with my lovely wife.

She sleeps there, softly breathing. Her hair, a lovely shade of light brown.

I go in the bathroom to wash up and then afterwards I slide into bed. As I look up at the ceiling, I wonder who that boy was in the picture. He looks just like me and Melody, but a lot smaller I remember. Well, I remember some aspects of him, but it’s been so long that I don’t even know who he is.

But I wave it off, looking over at her. She looks beautiful with that brown hair and those magenta eyes...

I move closer to her and put my arms around her. I don’t care about anything anymore. This is all I need right now, the stars and her love.

0