5~ New Born Star
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5

[New Born Star]

Arlina Peacewirth “Arli”

For the whole afternoon, I watched the TV, waiting for their spot. “Three... Two... One... And there goes Expedition 1!!!” Said the newsman. The pink and blue spaceship pushed up into the air and flew into the atmosphere.

That was it... the first time one of Coz’s projects really happened! I cheer, clapping my hands. I’m so happy for him... his dreams finally came true! I look across the couch to the canvas in which I drew her design.

Arlina, the ninth clone.

I stand, walking over to her. Her pink hair, her fair skin, and her glowing magenta eyes. She’s up there now, there to find a new place for us. But for now I have to worry about something different...

I walk to bed and flop myself down. I stare at the ceiling, thinking. Every few minutes, I feel my belly, smiling to myself. I wonder if I should tell him today, or if that would put too much stress on him. But I wonder what he’d think, would he be surprised?

In the evening, I wait for him to come home, and he did so. He looks at me with surprise as if I never stayed up this late my whole life. We walk to each other and kiss, he holding my waist and I wrapping my arms around him. I look up at him and my chin rests itself on his chest. “Good job my darling~”

“Thank you, hunny! But why are you still up? It’s almost one.”

“W-well...”I hesitate, my voice becomes a little shaky. “T-that’s because... I baked you some cookies!! White chocolate’s your favorite.”

“OoooOOOHHH DELICIOUS!!!!” His face lights up and after we squish each other again he walks straight to the kitchen right away. I follow him there.

He takes a bite of a freshly baked cookie.

“Well... I- ... I have something else to tell you too...”

He nods and looks at me with a full mouth, smiling like the goofball he is. I giggle at him. He looks back at the cookies and continues chewing.

“I-I’m uh...”

He looks back at me.

“I’m pregnant.”

His eyes grew wider. He drops the cookie and grabs my hand. “Oh darling!!! That’s amazing! Oh how wonderful!!!” He kisses my hand a hundred times and then he looks at my belly. I just stand there, as happy as any star could be. “There’s a new life! There’s a great family!!! We will love you and nurture you until you are so happy!!!” He continues talking to my waist. I smile. He’s such a cute man. “And we promise you’ll... You’ll live with us in this house... and you’ll be so happy... And we’ll give you everything you need...” He starts to tear up. My smile slowly fades as he tries to stop himself from crying.

“I promise... It’ll happen this time.”

We embrace. His skin turns a little cooler. His tears run down his face and onto my oil-painted shirt.

Even though small lives have been lost, there’s always hope.

1