Chapter 80
997 12 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Adam’s story was not really that scary or creepy, in any other occasion, Jason would have probably made a "basic” comment. But here in this long and dark empty hallway, inside of a rumored to be haunted hospital, it still gave Jason a chilling feeling. Knowledge and first hand experience made him more worried and perhaps scared, as he started to wonder what might have happened and if it was paranormally related. And if it was, could the unclean presence still haunt this place after this many years.

 

"So, stay away from mirrors and windows?” Tim said to Jason and himself: "But we’re in the hallway, we are looking like forty mirrors here. ”

 

"So don’t look at them.” Jason said to Tim: "It’s kinda… a tip from someone who understands ghosts very well.”

 

"And how are you sure these are ghosts? Can't it be something else?” Tim asked Jason.

 

"Then we’ll see about that.” Jason reached into his backpack and took out two incense sticks, these were Spirit Calming incense, which according to Jianmen, wouldn’t help if he wanted to drive away evil spirits, but would help them keep their minds clear: "You got a lighter?”

 

"You got your traditional Chinese incense here but you didn’t bring a lighter?” Tim chuckled and took a metal lighter out of his pocket: "Here.”

 

"Thanks.” Jason took his hand out of his backpack: "Mine was probably buried at the bottom of it.”

 

After lighting up the two incense sticks, Jason felt quite clearly that it worked on him, as his frustration with not being able to reach Caroline, Branston suddenly suggesting the group split up and the situation with the haunted hospital possibly being more serious than he previously thought, started to clear up. Instead, he felt slightly more in control and was able to think about what he would do if things did start to go south.

 

"Hey, I felt a bit … uplifted. What is this?” Tim looked at the burning incense stick Jason gave him, then looked at Jason and asked.

 

"Spirit Calming Incense.” Jason shrugged: "Glad it helps. Just hope the rest of the things I brought won’t be needed.”

 

"Holy!” Adam almost screamed while narrating to the camera: "I saw something… from the window!”

 

"What? What did you see?” Branston excitedly grabbed Adam’s shoulder and asked: "What did you see?”

 

"I saw my own reflection ...” Adam swallowed nervously: "And someone standing behind me… I couldn’t tell what they look like...”

 

"Oh, my, god dude!” Branston put the camera to his face and announced to the audience: "I think we just had our first encounter there. Too bad we didn’t get anything on camera. Let me check with Brian to see what he has… Brian!” While still facing the camera, Branston called into the handheld radio in his hand: "We’ve got a sighting! What have you got?”

 

"We don’t have anything yet.” Brian replied: "What did you see? Did the EMF show anything?”

 

"No… but thanks for the reminder, I will pay attention to the EMF! Geez, I am getting too excited here.” Branston laughed loudly, without any concern for Adam.

 

"Hey, are you okay?” Jason went to Adam’s side and asked him in a lowered voice, all the while trying to check to see if there are any worrying signs on Adam: "Are you feeling anything strange?”

 

"Um… okay, I guess.” Adam shook his head, "Just felt spooked a bit - it was too sudden, and I was not expecting to see something like that.”

 

"And neither is anyone else.” Jason frowned and lightly scratched his jaw: "The documents you researched, did any of them mention any theories on what might have happened to those who were affected? Like the little girl you were talking about.”

 

"Well, there were some notes from a local exorcist.” Adam sighed and quickly followed up to Branston: "He tried to exorcise another local boy because of his weird actions after the boy left the hospital. But he was not able to help. The boy’s parents eventually sent him to a local psychiatry hospital. The notes said that the boy was having hallucinations, started sleepwalking, having night terrors and even hurting himself. But the exorcist was unable to do anything because whenever he tried to do exorcism, the boy started behaving normally.”

 

"Interesting, and worrisome … did the notes mention any physical behavior change? Like walking on toes?” Jason asked.

 

"Walking on toes? I don’t think so...” Adam thought for a while and then said: "Let me check my notes ...”

 

"Okay, while you’re at it, take this and don’t drop it.” Jason handed his Spirit Calming Incense to Adam: "It should help keep your head clear.”

 

"Tim! While we have some time, why don’t you tell me how you feel about this place and tell the audience if you have been to a place like this?” Branston saw Jason and Adam talking, so he grabbed Tim by the arm, almost knocking the Spirit Calming Incense out of his hand: "For example, for me, as my viewers know, I went to the Prime Royals Hotel. But to be honest, I don’t remember much from that experience. So I was wondering if you have some creepy experiences you want to share with us.”

 

"Umm… I actually don’t have any experience...” while Tim was scratching his head and trying to come up with an answer, Branston suddenly jumped and pointed the camera at a partially broken window attached to a room he was facing.

 

"Oh my god! I just saw it!” Branston yelled at the camera and his handheld radio: "I saw someone standing behind me outside the hallway window!”

 

"Really?! Did the EMF show anything?” Brian asked through the handheld radio.

 

"I wasn’t paying attention...” Branston checked the EMF detector screen and did not see anything, then he turned to Jason, Adam and Tim: "Did you guys see anything?”

 

"No… and the EMF would beep if it detects something.” Adam said.

 

"Damn it!” Branston stomped the ground with disappointment: "Let’s go in deeper and see if we can find anything.”

 

Jason checked his phone for time - it’s only been 10 minutes.

26