Chapter 119
733 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a remote planet with a terrible climate, Jianmen was floating in the air, right above a huge jellyfish monster with many wounds on its body that was flatly lying on the ground. The still moving three eyes and three mouths facing up indicated that the monster was still alive.

 

After a thorough visual examination of the monster’s body, Jianmen spoke, in an ancient tongue, to the monster: “You’re lucky. You did not indulge too much. And you’re way too dumb and naive to be fully tempted.”

 

The monster squirmed, making a string of weak sounds to Jianmen.

 

“Interesting. Using negative emotions from intelligent beings to calm the whispers? It’s kinda genius.” Jianmen chuckled, “But you’re now grievously wounded, do you still want to live?”

 

The three giant eyes facing the sky twitched, and the monster made another string of noises.

 

“Alrighty, let’s begin.” Jianmen switched to a sitting pose in the air, intense orange and golden lightning shot from the sky and landing on both his palms. He clenched his fingers, and the lightning bolts were caught in his hands, forming into two orange and golden balls of energy.

 

Jianmen raised his right hand up and paid his left hand down, the two orange and golden balls of energy started spinning vertically, and as they accelerated in their spin, a small energy vortex started forming at the center of their circular trajectory. He then pushed both of his hands forward, making the balls of energy spin horizontally.

 

The energy vortex grew exponentially in size in a matter of seconds, turning itself into an energy tornado connecting the grey yellow sky and the grey and rocky land. Being in the center of the energy tornado, the jellyfish monster looked mostly unaffected, but with the scouring washes of the energy, its body started shrinking and becoming lighter and even transparent in color.

 

The energy tornado also shot out countless bolts of orange and golden lightning through the sky, which forked and branched out into a sky full of thin and barely individually visible energy bolts. In Jianmen’s senses, minuscule particles of karmic pollutants were targeted one by one by the tiny bolts of energy. And one by one, those karmic pollutants were being cleansed.

 

Jianmen’s right arm and right chest started displaying symptoms of karmic burn as the energy tornado continued to spin and shoot out orange and golden lightning bolts. The familiar sense of pain once again struck Jianmen from every angle, just this time was much lighter than the last.

 

After a while, the jellyfish monster started rolling on the ground and making high pitched noises. Jianmen nodded and retracted his hands to let the energy tornado gradually die down. At this time the jellyfish monster was already less than half its size.

 

“Yep, it’s probably time to take a break.” Jianmen let out a long exhale, then conjured a protected array around the jellyfish monster: “I gotta head back to cook and give my students a lesson. You stay here and don’t move.”

 

The jellyfish monster raised one of its tentacles and made a weak squeaky sound.

 

“You’re welcome. Just take care and be careful what you eat next time.” Jianmen stood up and opened a portal by his side, then before stepping into the portal he turned to the jellyfish monster: “What’s your name?”

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“Now, now, stop whining, you think I like this?” on the third time Jianmen teleported to the remote planet, the now dramatically shrunken jellyfish monster floated in the air and made a high pitched sound, “Lay down and get prepared. This should be our final session. Afterwards you can eat all the sadness you’d like. ”

 

The jellyfish monster, now with the rough size of a basketball, floated back in the air while making a string of whiny noises.

 

“And we’ve gotta hurry. Something tells me troubles are ahead.” Jianmen raised both hands to the sky, and two blinding bolts of orange and golden lightning descended from the sky and landed on his palms. Still for a moment, Jianmen held his face up to the sky: “You better pay up quickly and not mess with my students, you cowardly bitch.”

 

Two orange and golden balls of energy formed from the bolts of lightning, just like the last two times. But this time, Jianmen did not utilize them to create an energy tornado, instead he merged the two energy balls into one, condensing it into a smaller and smaller size. Shortly, the single ball of energy became crystalized into a solid, shiny and completely translucent tiny ball.

 

Silver and blue lightning shot from Jianmen’s right hand, and a light yellow and green energy stream shot from his left hand. Both hit the translucent crystal ball, and the energy both coated the surface of the crystal ball and seeped into it. 

 

Just this moment, Jianmen sensed something had gone wrong on earth - the energy cleansing coin he placed in the mouth of the stitched together corpse in SFPD, just got forcefully destroyed.

 

“Fucking hell. I’m gonna beat you to death with your legs!” Jianmen cursed, yet he was in no position to head back and help - his spell of condensing karmic energy and turning the raw karmic energy crystal into an ingestible “pill” has just started and could not be stopped without causing some serious damage to him and the jellyfish monster. All he could do now, was try his best to speed things up.

 

“Stay inside the circle.” when the jellyfish monster floated around and seemingly tried to leave the protective circle on the ground, Jianmen stopped it with a stern order. And at the same time, his phone rang. He then used a little bit of power to raise the phone up from his pockets and up to his right ear: “Caroline, what happened? This is not a good time.”

 

“Finally, Boss. You should come back. We are in San Francisco.” Caroline’s voice sounded like she was a bit out of breath: “We just fought a fucking creepy tree monster and some cursed skeletons in a religious cemetery. We killed all of the skeletons but the tree monster ran away, and we’re gonna need some new cards with bugs on them. ”

 

“Not a problem, sounded like you are still not compatible. But I can’t be back for at least half an hour.” Jason nodded as he continued with his spell: “Did you say you are in San Francisco? If you are, stay away from the corpse.”

 

“What happened? We’re actually heading to the precinct right now!” Jason’s voice came from the phone, sounding like he was yelling: “We both had a terrible feeling that Erika and Jeremy were in danger.”

 

“My coin broke. Everyone in the precinct will be in grave danger.” Jianmen answered: “Be careful! Wait for me to come back.”

 

“What happened? ” Caroline asked: “Who could’ve broken YOUR coin?”

 

“It’s not easy to break, but not that hard if one tries.” Jianmen said: “If the coin breaks, it might break the power balance of the seal as well - ”

 

“Holy shit! There are obscured spirits everywhere!” Jason yelled over the phone: “What the fuck!?”

23