Chapter 126
732 9 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jianmen was knocked back by an explosion and attacks from tens of locks of hair, his clothes were slashed and showed his shallow wounds underneath.

 

It had been quite a while since Jianmen was injured by someone or something other than himself using the Law of Karma. Though he was in a weakened state due to his battles in some galaxy far far away against a couple of space worms and star devourers and cleaning up their karmic pollutant, he was still very confident in his own abilities to deal with these two spirits. And now, his confidence was shaken a bit.

 

The spell he casted on the two half bodies possessed by the spirits were two binding spells, which will not only bind them for a short period of time, but also forcefully teleport them to somewhere far away. But the attempts failed as the forced teleportation spell failed and the seal was forcefully shattered.

 

The two spirits wailed, their hair extended and shot at Jianmen from every corner, and dark energy spikes were launched from around them aiming at him. Jianmen was not going to be overly reckless at this time, and he blinked away from the direction of the spirits’ attacks.

 

Three multi-head beasts with malformed bodies that were merged from other humans human bodies were roaring on the grounds below, Jianmen swung his broom again, another wall of wind descended onto the ground, locked these monsters in their places and crushed them into harmless pieces of bones and flying ashes in the air.

 

Two hands the sizes of SUVs made of dark energy were thrown at Jianmen, with an enormous mouth on its palm and sharp fingernails at the tips of their fingers. The mouths at the centers of the palms gave out hoarse and chilling cries and moans, Jianmen clearly sensed that the sounds coming from these mouths had an direct impact on the minds of those that heard it, if one was weak willed or not experienced in the combat with the power of mind and will, they will surely perish under such attacks. 

 

But Jianmen was no such individual and he was able to dodge the attacks of both hands, and with the swift swings of the huge meat cleaver, both the dark energy hands were sliced open from the middle. Not only that, the two energy blades unleashed by Jianmen also continued to cut through the arms behind those two hands and continued their assault against the two spirits.

 

The spirits screamed and cut off their connection to the dark energy hands and flew to the side to avoid being chased up to by the two energy blades. But with this move they already lost their advantage, as Jianmen already flew to their side.

 

Jianmen had his meat cleaver behind his back freeing his right hand, and with a shining ball of lightning at the tip of his right hand index and middle fingers, he delivered a finger blast right at the space right between the two half bodies possessed by the spirits.

 

An explosive cracking sound shocked the whole San Francisco, and a sudden flash of blinding blue light lit up the ground below and the gloomy sky above, as if tens of thousands of lightning bolts struck at the same time. The two spirits were sent flying into two different directions. Their bodies did not show many signs of damage, but their power was greatly weakened. And from the center of the explosion that blasted them into different directions, countless shards of dark energy shot out in all directions.

 

Jianmen backed off right at the moment of the explosion and swung his broom, a tornado appeared right at the center of the explosion and pulled almost all of the dark energy shards into the middle. And under the immense cleansing power from within the tornado, these dark energy shards were purified and scattered into the air.

 

“Holy SHIT!” the thunder almost made Caroline and Jason fall on the ground as they were escorting a group of civilians out of the danger zone. All the civilians fell on the ground and cowered in fear, and when Caroline and Jason looked back at the sky, they were just in time to see the two half bodies being sent flying in two directions.

 

Other people wielding their powers to combat the spirits and corrupted individuals were also shocked by the explosion. But compared to their simply being shocked by the light and sound, the unclean entities seemed to be temporarily paralyzed by the explosion - they cried, wailed and moaned while rolling on the ground, thus leaving their positions completely open for attacks. And just as it followed, the people in the city fighting against the non-human creatures gained a lot more ground than they’d ever got ever since the battle broke out.

 

Two golden portals appeared right in the paths of the two half bodies, and both of them were not able to resist this time. And the exits of both the portals opened up in the sky above Jianmen. The two spirits were wailing as they fell from the exits of the portal, and their dark powers within their bodies somehow started to consume their own souls, minds and wills. They did not appear to know what was happening to them as to why their only hands and only legs became twisted and crushed by invisible forces in the air. 

 

Jianmen, on the other hand, was quite aware of what was happening - the spells that bound these two spirits together were particularly vile and insidious. They linked the two partial souls together and merged them into a semi-unified state, where each partial soul’s power served as the restrictor and limiter of the other’s, and their existence was also co-dependent and could not be separated.

 

What his finger lightning blast did, was striking at the core of the spells that bound them, partially separating them from each other and breaking major parts of their connection with each other, which caused the dark power and energy of the souls to lose control and started corrupting the wielder.

 

And now, the spirits, though still possessing immense dark power capable of great destruction and ruin, were incapacitated and crumbling. As they fell closer to Jianmen, Jianmen whipped out his meat cleaver and readied his position, with orange and golden energy concentrated on the edge of the blade.

 

Strong wind blew across the whole city, but no explosion, no lightning, no light, nothing dramatic. A gentle buzzing sound echoed at the ears of all the supernatural power wielders in San Francisco city, and they felt a sudden sense of relief, seemingly out of nowhere.

 

Caroline and Jason looked back once again at the sky above the city.

 

The sky was still gloomy, but a fissure appeared in the middle of the thick clouds, separating the entire skyful of clouds in half. The moon, the stars, and the signal lights of a distant plane were ever so clear in their sight.

 

----------------------------------------

 

Now this wraps up the first big arc of the story! My sincerest gratitude to all of my readers! Hope you enjoy what was about to come next! -- Egao Chan

22