Chapter 166
503 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Police! Hands on your head and walk out slowly!” Aimee said loudly to the bathroom door: “Walk out slowly, NOW!”

 

The other side of the bathroom door stayed silent for a while, it seemed like whoever was in there was not willing to respond to Aimee and Thomas’s orders, either it was out of fear, or it was because the person was trying to figure something out.

 

“Get out! NOW!” Thomas yelled: “Or else we’re coming in!”

 

The door burst opened the next second, and apparently not in the direction it usually opens, a man wearing an old and worn out hoodie and a whole head of messed up hair rushed out in a surprising speed. Before neither Aimee or Thomas could point their guns at him, the man already shoulder bashed both of them out of his way and seemingly with inhuman reaction speed, knocked their guns away.

 

“Fuck!” Thomas cursed out loud, and before his body hit the ground, he was able to take out his taser gun and aimed at the man, who was still close up but was trying to run away.

 

Aimee was able to do the same thing - something not many could do, and with two almost simultaneous clicks, two pairs of taser probes shot from their taser guns and landed on the man’s back of his waist and his butt.

 

“Shiiiiiieeeeeeet!” the man cried like he was singing in a broken tone, his whole body was twitching as he fell down on the floor.

 

Even when the man was lying on the ground, Thomas still pressed the electrocute button on his taser to make sure that the man could not get up.

 

“Officers? Are you okay? What happened?” the old man waiting by the door looked into the apartment and asked.

 

“Yeah, we’re fine. ” Aimee stood up and answered: “Actually, can you give us a moment? We caught this perp running around in the victim’s apartment, and we want to ask him some questions before bringing him in.”

 

“Okay. I… I’ll wait from the hallway. Be careful officers.” the old man appeared scared and tried his best to move away from the scene.

 

When the man was still incapacitated by the taser, Aimee and Thomas held him up and cuffed him to a chair in the room. After the old man out the door walked away, they examined the man’s mouth, and saw that the man had several bizarrely sharp teeth in his mouth, while a few of his normal looking teeth on the upper jaw was loose and were almost falling out.

 

“Okay. You just assaulted two police officers on duty. We’d really appreciate your cooperation unless you wanna face some jail time.” Thomas asked: “Who are you? What are you doing in this apartment?”

 

“Do you know the girl who used to live in this place?” Aimee asked.

 

“Please let me go… please let me go!” the man cried: “You’re making a big mistake!”

 

“Tell us what we wanna know first, then we’ll determine if it’s a mistake.” Thomas said.

 

“These people after her - they’ll kill me! And they’ll kill you!” the man’s face was dripping with tears and snot: “They’ll kill everyone! Even if you’re cops! Even the feds! They don’t care!”

 

“Who are these people?” Aimee asked.

 

“I don’t know! I don’t !” the man lowered his head and started sobbing: “Please… just let me go. They’ll fucking kill me! Please… please let me go...”

 

“Answer the fucking question! Who are these people?” Thomas asked loudly and sternly.

 

“I don’t know! I don’t know! Please...”

 

“Are they vampires?” Aimee asked in a cold, calm and emotionless tone.

 

The man raised his head and stared at both Aimee and Thomas with his eyes opened wide as if he was staring into something horrifying: “What … why… HOW did you… Oh my god! You’re them! You work for them! Please don’t hurt me… please! Please don’t hurt me!”

 

“Shut up!” Thomas stomped the ground to knock the man out of his frantic cries and pleas: “We’re not them. And we don’t work for them. Tell us what you know about them.”

 

“They … they’re on the streets! They’re everywhere! ” the man started babbling about everything he knew - or everything he thought he knew: “They gave us drugs, and told us to sell them for cheap and hook more people up. All we need to do for them, is give them blood once every few weeks...”

 

“Fucking blood suckers - they’re running a free range farm here!” Thomas kicked a small coffee stool to the side, almost shattering it on the wall: “Is this what they’ve been doing here? What the fuck!? What the actual fuck!? What - ”

 

“Calm down, Thomas.” Aimee slapped Thomas on the back of his head: “Get it together, we have a perp on drugs here.”

 

“Okay, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

 

“Tell us then, what about the girl? Why’d they kill her and leave them on the street?” Aimee asked.

 

“I… I don’t know. Some fucking youngsters went rogue and some shit… please, you gotta help me. Please let me go! They’ll fucking kill me!”

 

“Sorry. But we can get you into protective custody.” Thomas nodded: “And you better clean yourself up before we call you in.”

 

“No! Nononono No! Please don’t send me in! They have people in the police departments! They’ll fucking kill me if they know I talked!” the man begged: “I’ll tell you everything right here right now! Their fucking heroin supply chain, their operations, everything! Please let me go!”

 

“Okay, talk.” Thomas gave Aimee a look, then asked: “Where do they operate? What’s their agenda? And tell us why you’re here.”

 

“Okay … okay… they operate in this neighborhood. They have a nightclub called ‘Night Dwellers’ Hangout’, it’s the center of their operation and they have a lot of contacts with the local gangs - in fact they’re the biggest buyers with a fucking wholesale discount! They’re pumping us with drugs so our blood tastes sweeter - Tina and I were going to run away from this whole shit, but ...” Before he could continue, his mouth started foaming, his whole body started twitching and trembling and his eyes were rolling back.

 

“Fuck… Aimee, call the ambulance instead!” Thomas turned back and said loudly.

 

The man growled in a low tone from his throat and opened his mouth wide. Thomas just turned back and took one look, and he saw that the loose teeth from the man’s upper jaw fell out from his gums. Then just like some kind of freak sci-fi show, he saw that some pointy fangs were poking out from the bloody holes where the man’s normal teeth were.

 

“Motherf - FUCK!”

11