Chapter 223
409 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Caroline: Here’s a list of some simple healing spells for you. Feel free to share with anyone since this is not some exclusive knowledge. Be familiar with the first two to establish a firm foundation, then choose any other you’d like.” this was the first paragraph in the orange and red scroll Caroline and Jason found at the library.

 

“Jason: Here’s a list of some simple healing spells for you ...” the silver scroll for Jason had basically the same first paragraph, except Jianmen told him to grasp only one spell before moving onto other spells.

 

“Flame of Vitality”, “Inner Fire of Three Suns” were the two spells Jianmen picked for Caroline, the first of which was a buffing spell to boost up one’s self-healing ability and could even stop severe internal or external bleeding if one’s good at it; And the second one was a spell that infuse special forms of fire Xuanli into a person’s body, which would then neutralize harmful substance inside of the persona’s system by consuming them and burning them up from inside.

 

Jason’s first spell only had a very simple name: “Internal Fortification”, which was a defensive spell from within - it required the user to be familiar with all the major meridian points on the human body, or any other creature’s bodies should the user want to use it on them. This spell requires the user to insert tiny hollow needles into the patient's body and infuse thin but potent and active metal Xuanli into the patient’s meridian through the needles. The Xuanli would then fortify the patient’s internal organs and make them resilient to harm, and it also had some level of self-healing boosting properties as well.

 

All three of these spells require the user to have meticulous control over their Xuanli, and have the ability to alter the quality and “texture” of their Xuanli so that it could manifest differently. Both Caroline and Jason had some levels of mastery over this kind of skill, but they still felt like they needed some more practice before they could actually pull their first spells off. But luckily, this is a kind of skill they can practice relatively casually, like whenever they have some spare time to kill, they could just conjure a blob of their Xuanli and try to change its shape, quality and texture into as many different and distinguishable forms as possible.

 

“I am not sure I would be the right trainer for this kind of tactic for you.” in their training session, Glenda Grimes told Thomas and Aimee: “I may have a rapier for a weapon, but I am still mostly a mage and not the close quarter combat type. What you need is a warrior type trainer - like Caroline and Jason there.”

 

“Yeah, we could help them with that. But like we said before, we don’t have too much experience battling magic wielders.” Jason said: “Maybe just tell us about the kind of precautions and tactics mages use to defend themselves from sneak attacks and rush attacks using melee weapons?”

 

“Okay. ” Glenda Grimes sighed: “The thing is, different mages use different tactics. Who are the last ones you haven't faced off against? Do you know what kind of magic they use?”

 

“So we’ve just faced off against two Jensens. So the remainder would be Robert Hendricks and … some guy named Caleb.” Jason thought for a short minute and answered.

 

“From what I’ve heard. Robert Hendricks is a mage of fire and wind. He’s skilled in fire spells and other wind related tricks like fireballs, rain of fire, wind blades and tornadoes.” Thomas scratched his hair and said: “And Caleb Hoffman, like Aimee here, is an ice focused fighter who uses some kind of sword as his weapon. I heard he’s quite known for his blizzard spells.”

 

“Hmm, this is not good. Neither is an easy target for sneak attacks.” Glenda Grimes thought for a short while, shook her head and pointed at the central training area: “But let’s mimic that for now. Aimee, pick your weapon, and see how you would attack me if I used wind magic.”

 

Jason slightly tilted his right hand, and the blob of silver Xuanli floating right above his palm slowly became solid and its shape morphed into that of two scimitars with especially long blades that had some kind of patterns engraved on both sides and special hand guards that looked a bit like those of rapiers.

 

“Thanks Jason.” Aimee took the two scimitars and looked at them up and down: “Just like what I asked for, thanks a lot!”

 

“No problem. Let me know.” Jason smiled, and another blob of silver Xuanli appeared above his palm.

 

Glenda Grimes discreetly raised her eyebrows when she saw the two scimitars and especially the patterns on the blades - though she was judging from afar, she could still tell that the patterns were pretty well tuned for energy infusion, especially ice magical energy infusion. Per her experience, this was something usually only a relatively well trained power wielder with some experience could do.

 

Aimee twirled the two scimitars and swung it a few times just to get a feel of their weight and maneuverability, then she infused her magical power into the blades.

 

The blades lit in a beautiful flickering sky blue, the frost started building up around the edges. Aimee stood in front of Glenda Grimes and waited for her trainer’s signal.

 

“Let’s start.” Glenda Grimes took out her translucent green rapier.

 

Aimee rushed forward the moment Glenda Grimes’s “start” dropped, her rapier in her right hand swung in a curve from upper right to lower left, aiming at Glenda Grimes’ shoulder and chest. 

 

Though having trained Aimee for quite some time, Glenda Grimes was still surprised by the swiftness of Aimee’s attack. She had to raise her rapier to defend in a hurry, and light green energy exploded from her rapier the moment their weapons clashed. Aimee was knocked back by the energy explosion but she took advantage of the force to turn her body around and unleash a side slash using the other scimitar against Glenda Grimes’ waist.

 

A light green energy bubble shield appeared from Glenda Grimes’ belt buckle, Aimee’s scimitar cut embedded deep in the bubble shield but she was not able to slice it up, and she ended up being thrown off her balance when the bubble shield bounced back.

 

“Nice and quick, but you are still holding back a little. Again.”

8