Chapter 252
366 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A portal with orange and golden edges opened up in the ruins on the remote planet, and Jianmen, in his original form instead of his avatar Mr. Lun Wang, walked out of it.

 

“Xyn, thank you for being this generous.” when he descended down the stairs leading to places below the temple, Jianmen raised his head up and said.

 

“It’s been some time since your last visit. And why have you chosen this form?” a face made of fog appeared in midair and asked Jianmen.

 

“This is my true form - the chubby one’s my avatar, since I am trying to do multiple things at the same time. Don’t be surprised if you see more of my avatars in the future.” Jianmen said: “So, how are you doing? I am still having trouble with the purification device, so it might take a while before we can start with analysis of your wounds.”

 

“No matter, as long as you fulfil your part of the deal.” Xyn answered: “And I would have to warn you - that something is changing in the void. I am not certain how the changes will impact us, as I

 

have lost most of my connection to the void during my fall. So when you go in search of my descendant and inheritor, be prepared for unexpected… turbulence.”

 

“Understood. But to be honest. I’ve never ventured deep into the void or any of the elemental realms. So surprises are what I would be expecting.” Jianmen chuckled: “Do you know roughly where your ideal descendant will be?”

 

“I don’t know. I just know that it will surface some time. What is also unknown to me is if the changes in the void have to do with it. I would divine it if I could. But it would be a cost I cannot afford.”

 

“Okay.” Jianmen thought for a brief moment while he continued on his way downstairs: “What else can you tell me about this descendant of yours? I suspect it will be another Depth Dweller or Fog Dweller? Or could it be something else?”

 

“Based on what you told me about these Depth Dwellers and Fog Dwellers of the current age, I would assume so.” Xyn answered: “But, it would depend on what I wanted before the fall. I must have been on to something to stress the importance of this descendant so...”

 

“Hopefully we can find out why when we've found it.” Jianmen reached the end of the descending stairs and was faced with a stone gate: “But first things first, let’s get you bandaged up. Maybe you will remember something once we get rid of some of your pain points.”

 

“Be careful.” Xyn said: “The negative energy lying beyond these seals is beyond disrupting and destructive - they would even distort the flow of time in certain areas and on certain objects. Powerful as you are, I can’t guarantee you that you would be immune to such influences and affects.”

 

“Good thing I am here in my true form then.” Jianmen let his Xuanli flow through his body and got ready for entrance through the gate. But just this moment, his phone started buzzing.

 

Jianmen took a look at the phone, it was a call from Dave.

 

“Sorry, Xyn, I gotta take this.” Jianmen said: “It’s from one of the Depth Dwellers I know. He usually doesn’t call unless it’s kinda urgent.” 

 

“Go ahead.”

 

Jianmen rushed to the surface so that his connection would not be interfered by the protective energy from within the temple.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

“Summon? What do you mean summon?” Dave asked with a frown and a serious tone.

 

“I don’t know how connected with the void you are in this cycle. But something in the void is changing.” Xyankor said: “We don’t know what caused it. And nobody seems to have any idea on what other kind of implication it will bring to our world and this world. All we know is that it’s of great importance ...”

 

“Okay, that’s just a lot of descriptions.” Dave took a sip from his ramen soup: “Yikes this is salty! But can you elaborate to me what it is? Telling me ‘this is important’ doesn’t help me understand what you’re trying to say at all. And do I have to remind you that I am a captain just as you. You don’t have the power to summon me.”

 

“I am invoking the emergency summoning power granted by the ancient laws. And I cannot just directly tell you because there’s a mortal here.” Xyankor took a peek at Mack who was listening to their conversation while holding his chopsticks: “I’m not sure spelling it out right in front of a civilian mortal is a good idea - even for a place like this inn.”

 

“Yeah, it’s safe to share what you have to say here.” Dave took a look at Mack and said: “If it’s not some super big secret or some kind of weighted or forbidden knowledge you can just spell it out.”

 

“Okay, it’s not a secret per se.” Xyankor hesitated and sighed: “The disturbance in the void, we believe that it’s a sign giving birth to a Depth Dweller for the first time in - in a very long time.”

 

Dave went silent for quite a while, then asked: “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, I’m sure. I consulted with many who retained knowledge about the void, like Franco and Lenox, all seem to agree.” Xyankor answered when looking at Dave right in the eyes: “And that’s the reason I’m here.”

 

“Okay. Hold on, I’ll need to call Mr. Yu and ask for someone else to take care of the inn.” Dave sighed and turned around to Mack: “Sorry Mack, this is indeed huge. I may need to leave for a while.”

 

“Huh, I can watch it for you.” Mack said.

 

“Sorry Mack, but you can’t, at least not yet.” Dave took out a phone and dialed Jianmen’s number.

6