Chapter 273
332 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The speed in which Jianmen fell back was great, yet it was mitigated when his body fell through the portal. When Jianmen fell out from the other side, his fall was broken by a soft purple energy cushion.

 

“Jianmen? Can you hear me?” Josephine Wong, now awake but still pale and out of breath, called out to him from where she was previously laying.

 

“My god, what happened to him?” Vivian was the first to get to Jianmen’s side and to have witnessed the egregious wounds on Jianmen’s body: “Is he alive?”

 

“He is.” Josephine Wong rushed to Jianmen’s side: “This is bad. I’ve seen him suffer worse but that was quite a while back. We need to hurry and stabilize his condition for now. How’s everyone? Is there anyone that could help me with his wounds? ”

 

“We couldn’t save Robinson and Simmons.” Vivian sighed and said: “Alexander was knocked out and has a dozen broken bones. Blue was able to recover, but he was preoccupied with helping the other departments and injured agents. Let me go find him.” Then, she rushed to the exterior of the array.

 

“How could he still be alive?” Pei stumbled to Josephine Wong’s side, holding Nameless with her: “No one could survive that - all his limbs were burnt beyond healing, and that hole on his abdomen - looks like the aftershock of some kind of spell.”

 

“Do we still have any Deep Sea Amber?” Josephine Wong thought for a while, then asked.

 

“Yes. I still have some.” Pei ruffled through one of her pouches and took out a small piece of amber that glimmered in dark orange light: “But Deep Sea Ambers are mainly for attack arrays, how is this going to save him?”

 

“This is not our kind of injury.” Josephine Wong took the small piece of Deep Sea Amber from Pei and gently placed it in the burnt hole on Jianmen’s abdomen, then she formed a hand seal and dripped a droplet of her blood from the tip of her finger onto the Deep Sea Amber.

 

The piece of amber started glowing in a warm orange light, and it started radiating a warm energy from inside the hole. Some kind of thin crystal layer seemed to start forming from inside of the hole on Jianmen’s abdomen.

 

“Okay. That should help” Josephine Wong seemed to have used quite a bit of her powers with that seemingly simple enchantment: “Have someone over here put him in a cryo healing chamber. It’s gonna take a while, so move him to Xianshi Inn, where he would be better rested.”

 

“Understood.” Pei nodded and started calling the other agents also active in the field.

 

The defiler escaped, and none present but Jianmen knew what happened to him. The array formed by the enchanted swords were completely broken, but the remaining virtuous monks were still chanting their buddhist scriptures, thus the residual energy in the area was unable to spread.

 

“The levels of malice in the area had diminished by a great extent.” Nameless, now still limping due to his injured leg and with his two arms put back into their sockets told Josephine Wong: “The defiling flames - it could have brought us great peril, but it burnt away most of the malice that inhibited this place.”

 

“Do we know why there is a defiler in this place?” Pei asked.

 

“Defiler? Is that what that man is? Anyone explain to me what a defiler is?” Vivian came back from the outer parts of the array, bringing a wizard in a blue Robe, Agent Hall, Agent Jill and some more agents with her.

 

“It’s an enigma of a race of beings.” Pei thought for a while and said: “It is said that they would be present whenever there is a catastrophe, or there is great calamity looming. They wield the power of corruptive and corrosive dark flames, and they take forms that are similar to their victims. It is also said that they feed on the sufferings and pains from these disasters.”

 

“Which is why he was a naked man when he came out.” while Agent Hall and Agent Jill were aiding Blue in their preparation for additional healing spells in order to help stabilize Jianmen’s condition, Vivia shook her head and sat on the side because healing or even medical first aid was not her strong suit: “Why is he here?”

 

“He was trapped by the malice.” Pei answered: “This is quite obvious, though it remains a mystery who would’ve trapped him here. And who could’ve done so.”

 

“This monk reasons, that it must be someone that was related to the hospital.” Nameless said.

 

“I would assume so.” Blue finished a spell that sealed Jianmen’s entire body in a block of ice: “Agents, this is all I could do for now. Please carry him to a portable cryo healing chamber.”

 

“Understood.” both Agent Hall and Agent Jill passed the block of ice to some lower level agents and gave them some detailed orders on transportation, it almost had no weight thanks to Blue’s enchantment.

 

“This could be a useful clue, if we can sort the information out.” Pei took out the piece of crystalized relic, showed it to Blue and Josephine Wong and said: “I was unable to read too much useful information from it. But I am positive that we could read more with more time and more delicate measures.”

 

“Looks like a work of alchemy.” Blue examined it for about half a minute and said: “Looks like it is intentionally crafted, rather than the product of natural crystallization like that of powerful monks.”

 

“Let’s bring this back to the lab.” Josephine Wong sighed: “And let’s finish up the cleanse here. I don’t suppose with the major portions of the malice gone, it could go any worse.”

 

“Ms. Wong, I’d like to propose that we pause the cleansing if the residual malice proved to be relatively harmless.” Pei hesitated and said.

 

“Why?”

 

“Memories still exist in the residual malice. It could be useful in us figuring it out.” Pei answered: “Granted, with most of it gone, the memories would be chaotic and more extremely fragmented. But it’s better than nothing. If it was any other types of clustered malice I would advise against it. But since the malice was here to trap a defiler, the memories could be of use. We weren’t able to find much regarding the hospital’s history, this would be another revenue we could pursue.”

 

Josephine Wong went silent, and everyone present started considering the proposal.

6