Chapter 347
272 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Boom! Boom! Crack!” three heavy attacks were launched at the giant that could instantly grow different useful body parts that could help it either evade or guard against the incoming attacks. Two of the attacks did not land at all, and one was blocked by a giant turtle shell.

 

A buzzing sound came from below the campus of the acade, countless energy flashes started appearing in the air, and in almost an instance, a large bubble of air around the monster got thousands and thousands of times thicker and even began to crystallize. The monster’s movements in the air were then heavily stalled and thus severely restricted, and taking advantage of this, the weapons on the now damaged academy buildings opened fire with full force at the same time.

 

In this moment, all the monster could do was grow extra shields and thick shells on its body to take the attacks head on. This proved to be insufficient, as the energy attacks exploded upon impact, dark green, dark red and dark blue blood spilled in the air, and huge chunks of its flesh were sent flying through the air and spread to many corners of the academy campus.

 

The monster cried and screamed in pain, then it vibrated its body in an attempt to escape the air bubble that bound it. The movement restricting air bubble started to shake and show cracks on its surface, and thin but bright beams of light started emitting from these cracks. The weapons swiftly went into recharge mode after the previous wave of attacks, and in only a matter of seconds, they opened fire again.

 

The air bubble shattered almost the same moment as the next wave of attacks landed, more parts of the monster’s body got pulverized, but not before it tore its own body apart and exploded its flesh into acidic, volatile and corrosive droplets of liquid and smoke of blue, red, green and purple, all the while propelling a smaller but major and crucial part of its body into the air and disappeared into the spaces around the academy.

 

Trees, bricks and stone panels on pavements and statues were melted and turned into foul puddles of slime and dark liquid when they got into contact with the liquid droplets and the smoke of different colors. Even the protective shields generated from the protection arrays were affected and flickered on contact.

 

What made the situation worse was that the droplets and smoke seemed to be able to reproduce on the chunks of monster flesh that were spread across the campus, and in very little time, smoke and streams of volatile and corrosive liquid almost took over the open spaces of the academy campus. Some of the academy security personnels were exposed to the smoke and corrosive liquid, and they instantly fell ill and displayed symptoms of severe poisoning and required immediate medical attention.

 

“All students and faculty, all students and faculty.” the voice of Principal Hawke resounded in the entire campus: “Please remain in your shetler. I repeat, please remain in your shelter, and await further instructions.”

 

When this announcement was made, Professor Barnes, Professor Dorothea Clarkson, Professor Randall Collins were on their way towards the office of Principal Hawke, leaving Glenda Grimes and along with some other academy security personnel to protect Professor Kapur.

 

“Headmasters and headmistress, what can I do for you?” Principal Hawke was just done signing something on a thin gem tablet when they came in.

 

“I know what you’re told to do by the board. And we’re here to demand that you do NOT do it.” Professor Dorothea Clarkson said.

 

“Professor Clarkson, it is the academy’s first and highest duty to protect the students from harm. ” Principal Hawke said while rubbing his temples: “In any event if this duty cannot be fulfilled, we have an obligation to proceed with the emergency evacuation protocol.”

 

“That would be a suitable move - a few months ago.” Professor Barnes said: “But we just learned something quite troubling earlier, and now that the threat has been repelled, we urge you to hold off on the evacuation.”

 

“I can’t help you there - the board has made their concerns very clear, and they demanded that we arrange an evacuation of the students immediately.”

 

“For god’s sake, there’s fucking spies in the academy!” Professor Randall Collins said: “And not the kind we could normally tolerate!”

 

“What are you talking about?” Principal Hawke narrowed his eyes: “I am fairly sure you are familiar with the academy’s position on all efforts of spying...”

 

“Oh, just drop it sir!” Professor Dorothea Clarkson cut the principal off: “We all know that there are spies and agents in the academy, and there’s always some level of tolerance from the administration, a line. And that line has been fucking crossed!”

 

“Explain.”

 

“Well, where do I start?” Professor Dorothea Clarkson collected herself for a brief moment and said: “First of all, the two fucking agents you and your board member friends hired tried to murder Professor Kapur, and then tried to frame two audit students for it; Second, we have very good reasons to believe that we might have found the source of the contaminated  materials, we have a pretty good idea on what for.”

 

“Okay.” Principal Hawke brought up the gem tablet: “What have you found?”

 

-------------------------------------

 

In the office of Professor Atkinson, both the professor and Dolores were taking shelter inside, as was the case for a lot of other professors, because per the building standards of the Grant Academy, all Professor offices were built with shelter level standards.

 

“What looks like the fighting stopped.” Professor Atkinson stood up from below his desk and said: “Let me check on the condition of the academy.”

 

“Oh god. What happened?” Dolores came out from under her desk and looked out the window: “There’s - there’s some kind of smoke outside, I don’t know what it is but I don’t think we can go out just yet.”

 

Professor Atkinson took out a small crystal ball from one of his drawers and focused his mind on it - then he shook his head: “Not good, a lot of building damage.”

 

“All students and faculty, all students and faculty ...” the announcement from Principal Hawke reached the office: “... I repeat, please remain in your shelter, and await further instructions.”

 

“What now?” Dolores sighed: “Well, I don’t think our application of leaving the academy will ever get processed now.”

 

“Let’s wait - this might trigger the emergency evacuation protocol, and then we can get out.” Professor Atkinson sighed: “I just hope there weren’t casualties.”

 

“Did you see all those people leaving earlier?” Dolores asked: “That was… unusual.”

 

“Yeah, I noticed.” Professor Atkinson frowned and scratched his jaw: “And I believe I saw Lauren Biggins among them.”

 

“Lauren Biggins? THAT Lauren Biggins who is part of the funding committee?”

 

“Yeah.” Professor Atkinson nodded: “Why would she leave like that? Abandoning her post as a member of the administration is pretty serious.”

4