Chapter 508
136 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While their enemies were on the move, Lucias Vyn, accompanied by some of her elite forces, arrived at an old and deserted stone bastion in a patch of dark and foggy woods, a “mutual zone” set up both by the forces of Lucias Vyn, and the Coven of the Crows as a place for meetings and negotiations.

 

“Lady Marza O’Gul.” Assistant Professor Vyn from the academy nodded in acknowledgement of the arrival of the woman they came here to meet, who was also accompanied by her elite forces - and someone they were somewhat surprised to see: “And Miss. Camile Jensen, what a surprise.”

 

“Of several guests we have recently, Camile was the smartest, wisest and most resourceful.” Marza O’Gul, the woman wearing half a mask answered with a smile: “Her days at the Academy are now officially over, and she made the right choice of joining our ranks and becoming a Crow. She’s here as one of my loyal sisters. I trust that you’d understand that, Assistant Professor?”

 

“Of course.” Assistant Professor Vyn waved his hand at some cloaked men standing behind him with wooden and metal boxes in their hands. These cloaked men came forward, and laid down the boxes on the stone table at the center of the room. Then with a snap of Assistant Professor Vyn’s fingers, the boxes drifted gently towards the side of the Coven of Crows.

 

Lady Marza O’Gul clapped her hands, then all of the boxes opened up, and several witches behind her, including Camile Jensen, went ahead and started examining the contents of the boxes.

 

The contents of the boxes varied, among them were darkened bones of some unknown beast, a branch of a tree whose bark was almost entirely dark red and with a few black marks in lightning-like patterns, a pile of red crystals, a scale of some unknown animal, and even the head and the right claw of a lycan, preserved in separate crystal jars with arcane symbols carved on them.

 

The box examined by Camile Jensen was a short sword, still sheathed and with a small part of the blade exposed. The short sword’s grip was made of a kind of heavy red wood, but it was also wrapped in thin and spiked dried rattans, which meant that if one was to use it, their hand would be wounded and blood would drip onto the grip. The guard on the sword was made of a piece of asymmetrically shaped bone - it was mostly light yellow, but with long strings of red in it as if some veins were sealed into this piece of bone when it was being processed. She used a gentle and non-intrusive but meticulous spell to examine the exposed blade of the sword - due to the very nature of the sword, it was not to be unsheathed unless it was about to be used. The blade turned out to be made from not one piece, but thousands and thousands of tiny grains of metal, each of the grains had one microscopic symbol carved on it. There were in total six different symbols, and the grains with different symbols were stacked up into a unique pattern that facilitated the intended use of the sword and put together through some intricate means.

 

“The Blade of Fade is of exceptional quality, and carefully forged. From what I understand, it was also made with the right materials.” Camile Jensen came back to Lady Marza O’Gul’s side and whispered to her: “Effects wise, I have never seen it used, so I can’t tell.”

 

“I have the pleasure of seeing it in use.” Assistant Professor Vyn was paying attention to Camile Jensen, and as if he just heard the words she just whispered, he said in a plain but stern voice: “It was not a pleasant sight to behold, but it gets the job done. You should have seen the man’s face as he and his mortality scapegoat were both turned to shreds at the same time.”

 

“But what kind?” Lady Marza O’Gul asked.

 

“All flesh bound, most of the time bound and even soul bound if used by the right hands.” Lucias Vyn answered: “But remember, the right hands. It’s not gonna be my problem if some stupid little kid cut her fingers by it and got sucked dry while ruining this very precious blade.”

 

“Don’t worry, it will be well kept and secured.” Lady Marza O’Gul said as the witches responsible for examining the boxes returned to her side and whispered their reports to her: “Okay, thank you. I believe none of my examiners had any concerns on the quality of your offerings, which means that we as a group have seen your sincerity and genuineness. Allow me to express my appreciation on behalf of my sisters.”

 

“If you and your sisters are happy with our offerings, may I presume that our deal is finalized?” Assistant Professor Vyn asked.

 

“Yes.” Lady Marza O’Gul nodded: “Our elite team will be on your side when you march into the Hellinger Castle, led by me in person. Just remember your promises - you will do your best to remove the obstacles that exist in the castle. It’d be a tragic mistake if we end up having to face both the alliance of Beverly Winters, Soren Lupei AND the memories and legacies of YOUR family.”

 

“My sister and I are still Hellingers.” Assistant Professor Vyn said: “And, since today is just as good as any, you’ll find that we are not the last of the line.”

 

“Huh.” Lady Marza O’Gul smiled: “I can’t wait.”

2