Side Chapter 1: Complaints of a God + Author’s Note
2k 0 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Eklipses...a world filled with endless battle, of strife and despair.

Where gods, gifters, and dozens of countries fall and rise from century to century in this realm.

War and its many curses, were bedfellows to glory, hope, and ideals, a realm of upheaval and bloodshed.

 

Yet despite all that horror, for many who have to live on this planet full of corpses, this place was home.

For all the tragedies and betrayals this world suffers, it continues functioning as normal.

Even as the seasons waned and flowed, the 4 factions clashed with common regularity.

It was merely the norm by this point, with no one faction obtaining hegemony over others.

 

Though now that I am mentioning this, in the end, It didn't matter much to me what was going on.

Oh yes, I should identify myself if I plan to use this for recording. I, Etoon god of study and rebirth, am celebrating the creation of my newest work. 

...I feel like I have embarrassed myself somehow, and I don't even have any friends to care about... whatever.

 

While I speak, it is landing on the planet's surface and being placed into a new vessel, with some additional benefits for its arrival. Truly, I can't help but feel joy for what I have managed to create on short notice.

In fact...I could even say it is more than just mere joy, but exhilaration. I have finally designed something after so many centuries of being relegated to maintenance work for the cycles of reincarnation for the order pantheon. Such a boring task I thought the day I was given the message and still do to this day.

They even dared to order me to give up my domain of study when the god of Investigations was added to the order pantheon, as a show of "respect" to the new god of knowledge, and allow the so-called "expert" to rise directly to the top of their field of worship. Though there were only a few mutters I obtained, I was keenly aware it was a play to pigeonhole myself into the manager role.

Though I did stop the worship of that particular domain on Eklipses as they expected, I never did relinquish my divine domain of Study to that stupid upstart of a Knowledge God.

 

It took some trickery and a false Divine Domain to make that god convinced I accepted my fate, which goes to show just how much of a fool the upstart was in believing in his importance.

It will take centuries before he notices defects in it, and even then, he'll probably just think it's the effects of the Study domain, he certainly mocked it with glee whenever he last visited me to "thank" for the gift.

While my 'comrades' were fooled by my apparent generosity, I used my newfound primary domain of Rebirth, to create a new facet of myself to be worshipped in other worlds to make up for the loss of worship I felt over here.

 

Though keeping my cover for the past few centuries has been exceptionally hard with the spying, now that the war against chaos is increasing in tempo once again. No one will bother sending an observer god to keep watch over me, one of many gods handling the cycle in the distant background.

They will need all the scout and lookout gods they can muster for the new battle to come and as a result.~

That means it is time to start finally studying again, though some precautions are necessary, as my dear old 'faction' wouldn't enjoy me performing 'heresy', now would they? I will have to go about in a roundabout manner after all.

 

Though at least my first experiment can't be traced back to me, or vice versa in case a chaos god were to find my little creation.

Though I do hope the soul likes the aid I could give, as I can't have them die so soon.

I would rather they live an adequate life this time, and if they happen, to give me some useful data on my research, so be it.~

 

46