Chapter 3: In-depth Studying
1.7k 3 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler
Name: None
Age: 1 Day
Race: Haunted Rag
Monster Level: 1/10
Titles: Reincarnated Soul, Otherworlder
Factions: None Affiliated
Stats:
Toughness: F-
Energy Pools:
Soul Pool: (2/2)
Passive Skills:
Enhanced Repair: Lv.1
Item Status: Lv. 1
Self-Buff; Subordination: Lv. 1
Active Skills:
Soul Arts: Lv. 1
[collapse]

"What is even going on?" I state somewhat exasperated, unaware that I'm speaking mentally as I digest my new situation with some amount of trepidation. "I know for a fact this can't be either a dream or VR. I know outright my dreams have never been this wild to give me a whole new body, nor did I know even half of this stuff. The technology needed for this to be a prank is nowhere near advanced enough for what I'm feeling right now for this to be VR."

I muse to myself about this situation, trying to find some way to rationally explain the absurd situation. I have to calm my nerves somehow, lest I start panicking. Which can never be good, you gotta maintain focus on the situation at hand while letting your mind try to recover from the shock of it all.

"I should try to look through everything I can, and for extra motivation, I should just imagine what my boss would say if they were here now. Though they would most likely just tell me to stop getting so unsettled...and stalling on my work," I mutter to myself to regain confidence and a clear focus on what is going on right now. "Where-no is there a way to get any detailed information, for what even half of this stuff means?" I mutter to myself as I browse the "status" sheet for any obvious ways to do that, though find little aid in that regard.

"I can figure out what Passive Skills and Active Skills are, given I'm not that unfamiliar with the concepts themselves. However, the Stats make it hard to take all this seriously. This entire thing reads like an RPG, though I'm unsure who would design such a thing."

"...If I want to make any headway in investigating this, I'll have to make assumptions here and there about what some of these passive and active skills do later. As I can guess Passive means the skills are always on, and Active means I have to use them intentionally, however, that works." I comment while hoping my deductions were right.

Though it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know I'm shooting in the dark right now. But I can't let such a thing make me stall, I have to keep my cool and keep gathering intelligence. It was even a part of my work as a secretary. To understand what I was looking at, to begin with."

"What is most pressing to learn are what effects those Titles have because if they mean what I think. Then they can tell me what I did to earn them, and, where in the god's forest I am now. This certainly is not what Chicago looked like and I'll need all the information I can get. Hopefully, it can tell me where I am now. But until I have more information, I am forced to accept that I am a piece of cloth and that this is the reality of what I am now.

"Now how to pull it up these Titles... Oh!" I shout in surprise, as while focusing on them, a new screen appears in my vision.

Spoiler
Title: Otherworlder

A soul from another world outside of Eklipses, that due to some process, has arrived in this world, and as a result, is ignorant of the factions of this world and their machinations. As a result of entering a new world unfamiliar to the User's own, and being an outsider who has succeeded in entering this world, this title has been acknowledged.

This title enhances the user's aptitude for language-related skills until the user has obtained a first language, at which point aptitude returns to normal. With a permanently increased aptitude for survival-related skills. The user also gains a permanently increased affinity to the pure mana attribute.

This title cannot be seen by any detection-based skills unless of sufficiently high level, or by skills granted by the Gods or Gifters.

[collapse]

"So that's how you pull up the additional info though... What can even be mentioned?" Commenting with internal confusion, before parsing through the information again to make sure I didn't read wrong the first time.

"...Eklipses? Another World? Does this mean what I think it does?" I mutter as the harsh reality of my death begins to sink in again. Especially with the new task of wrapping my mind around the fact I am not on earth anymore. I wait for a scant few seconds, giving myself time to let that thought finish and then return to my status, as return to focus on the other title, it quickly expands onto a new box.

Spoiler
Title: Reincarnated Soul 

A soul that has arrived at Eklipses through the cycle of reincarnation. As a result of the divine intervention or accidental forces of reality, the soul has been tossed and reincarnated into this world, and as a result of enduring the transition, the soul has gained a permanently increased affinity to life and death attributes.

The soul also gains an increased aptitude for soul-related skills, and as a result of the ordeal, the Spirit Pool Stat is also awakened as a result.

[collapse]

Gee, thanks for the blatant reminder I am in a ditch, that is sooo kind of you. It will be a while before I accept that at face value, even now recalling how I perished unsettles me to no end. At least the... memories of my end weren't clear, so I ain't got a crippling fear now. Though what I can recall is unsettling to no end. Now onto the stats themselves, I begin to focus on the last stat mentioned, and like before, it expands into its box for me to read.

Spoiler
Stat/Rank: Soul Pool (2/2)
A pool of energy formed from within the soul, though difficult to obtain and cultivate, this type of energy allows a diverse subset of abilities, with Spiritual beings the ones who use this style of energy the most often, and the Hollow gods subsequently. Due to having just obtained this pool, it's shallow, crudely shaped, and only allows around two soul slots to be used at a time, before needing considerable rest before being used more safely.
[collapse]

...What am I reading here? A Soul Pool? Does that mean my soul holds power? Though what is a Hollow god, and ghost beings as well. Though I can guess what the latter is if it means the same thing here as in my old life. Shallow...I guess that's an excellent word to use, though it hurts to be described like that even if it refers to my soul. Though I guess that would be my previous life's beauty that I'm thinking of. This does tell me a few things about myself, and hopefully, the next one will as well. Now focusing on the last of my stats toughness, I try to focus my intent, hoping this has better information for me.

Spoiler
Stat/Rank: Toughness F-
As a result of the user's efforts, whether natural or unnatural, the system has recognized it for one's achievement in strengthening/enhancing one's durability against physical harm and injuries caused by such weapons and physical damage.  Though as a result of the user just starting on this path, and with little training, this stat only slightly aids against the aforementioned blows, slightly above the norm for the user's body.
[collapse]

... What is this supposed to mean -.-? Is this supposed to be this cryptic or am I supposed to extrapolate this myself?

Either way, this one is particularly unhelpful in this description, though I can't be entirely upset, given it still seems to benefit me.

Though I wonder if my skills or my race will provide better information than this, hopefully, they do just that.

 

43