2.7
81 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Januar waited for a long time, at least he felt like it was, hoping that the men would be already gone, he turned around on his bed.

Just what was the matter with this document? Why did they all need it so bad-

Januar stared at Ink in astonishment. Since when was he here?

He watched as the boy with ink black hair looked up from the sheet of paper, which Januar had used to gather his information and thoughts. A sad look trailed his features.

Why was he sad? Did he notice a difference between their 'scribbles' and was sad that he hadn't been given the same quality?

Scared by the possibility of having dissapointed his loyal fan, Januar quickly stood up from his bed. He grabbed his crutch and hobbled towards Ink, while gesturing him that he could keep the paper.

As if understanding Januar's intentions, the boy smiled, but why did it seem a bit off? Still sad but mixed with something else..., self-mocking? Self-loathing?

Not knowing why the boy had that expression on his face, Januar helplessly flaid his arms around. Ultimately deciding to express his goodwill by stepping even closer to Ink and hugging him lightly. He felt the boy freeze in his gentle embrace.

Januar instantly regretted his desicion, the boy probably didn't want to be hugged or maybe not by him at least. As these thoughts flashed through his mind, Januar felt very sad. He finally had people about his age to interact with, even if it was just in this 'Realm' and he couldn't understand them most of the time. He knew that at some point he had to leave them unless he never returned to his world, but losing them while he was still here was an unbearable thought for Januar.

Countless options on how to salvage this situation rushed through his mind, at the end he had to admit that there were none. He didn't know what he did wrong and even if he did, he wouldn't be able to clear it up. At that moment Januar hated himself, his incompetence and foolishness with which he always ruined everything.

Suddenly a pair of thin arms circled around Januar's upper body and hugged him tighter.

Relief washed through Januar's body and all his dark thoughts vanished. So Ink didn't hate him!

They remained in this position for quite some time, before they seperated and Ink patted Januar's shoulder while pointing at the paper with a determined expression this time.

Januar still didn't understand Ink's mood but he seemed to feel better, so he was happy.

Hugs were still the best!

But what should they do now?

Should he and Ink go to the hall and meet Orange and Greenie? But his nurse wasn't here... Maybe he should send Ink away... but he didn't want to offend the other person.

In the end Januar decided to leave the choice to Ink.

He pointed at the boy then at the door before repeating the first step but gesturing towards his room instead. Hoping that the other would understand his question.

Ink thought for a moment, before smiling and pointing towards the door. He patted Januar's shoulder again reassuringly and then left the room.

He was a bit dissapointed to be alone again, so Januar remained seated on his bed for a while.

Until the door opened and the nurse entered with his food, but to Januar's dismay the nurse's expression was even worse than when he was with the doctor.

What was wrong with everyone today?

Januar smiled at the nurse in greeting, the other also flashed him a smile but his eyebrows remained furrowed.

He waited patiently for Januar to lay down on his bed again, so that he could put the tray on the fold-up table.

As soon as he had finished this acftion, his face brightened as if he had remembered something and he jumped up from his chair. Essentially leaving Januar to eat alone.

...?

Something was definitely wrong. Any appetite Januar had vanished that instant, he barely lifted the heavy tray and put it aside. After packing the fold-up table away, Januar stood up, leaving the room as well. Telling himself that if he wanted to get out of this 'Realm', he couldn't just stay in his room at a time like this.

***

Constantine finally decided to enter Joseph's room. Maybe there were some helpful clues around the person in question.

He looked at the person who had his back turned towards him and couldn't help smiling. Although he felt a bit bad for snooping around...

Hmm?

Him feeling bad, for somethnig like this? He must be crazy! He never felt bad when he did this to other people!

Constantine touched his warm cheeks with his cold hands,... he was definietly going crazy.

Trying to shake off these thoughts by looking around, Constantine found a sheet of paper lying next to the bed on a lightstand.

Even from a far, Constantine could tell that it had the same scribble on it as his paper, but he had a strange feeling about it.

He picked it up and looked at the scribbling on it.

Constantine froze.

It was unknown how much time had passed, when he noticed some movement from the bed.

He looked up from the sheet of paper and gazed at Joseph's surprised face. He watched as it changed to a troubled expression, before turning into a mix of helplessness and confusion.

He wanted him to keep the paper?

Constantine's lips unconsciously curled into a smile, as he watched the other person.

Suddenly the other boy approached him and... hugged him?

As the hug held on, Constantine felt joy bubble in his heart and at the same time, a harsh pain piercing him.

What was this wretched destiny?

Finally choosing to respond this hug, no matter what pain it would cause later.

Shortly after reluctantly parting with Joseph, Constantine left his room.

Meeting the nurse again, this time carrying a tray with food, and stopping him for a talk after seeing Carl's grim expression.

"Did you find out something?"

Carl nodded, moving closer to the wall of the hallway and beckoning Constantine to follow him.

"The people in cahoots with the Head Physician want to take Joseph away tonight at 10pm. I have a very bad feeling about this. There is no way they'll just peacefully take Joseph away after he refused to sign their contract twice."

Constantine nodded with a serious expression, this was much worse than he had expected.

"Is there somewhere we could hide him or maybe get him out of the hospital grounds entirely?"

Carl shook his head with a bitter expression: "There are no deliveries due today and they will probably use the hospital staff to search every nook and cranny if he went missing."

Constantine's face hardened at these news. Then he had no choice.

With a sigh, he nodded his head.

"Okay, just bring him his food first, I may have a solution but I need to get some things beforehand."

Carl felt frustrated after hearing that even the schemeing monster of their hospital didn't have a sure solution, and considering his rotten personality he probably won't tell him more about it at the moment.

He left Constantine in the hallway and entered Joseph's room.

Constantine started walking, with every step his conviction grew stronger. He walked faster, this was something only he could do.

"Wait!"

"I have an idea."

When he turned around he saw Carl jogging towards him.

4