19 – Village Dance & Marty
1k 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

19 - Village 10

After the kiss, Anne somehow blushed so much and couldn’t take it, so wants to retreat. I could feel it, her body both wanting to stay and a part of her wanting to go. She struggles for a while, before I decide to cut it out for her.

“Let’s go to sleep. We got a journey to make tomorrow.”

Anne nods, her face reddish. But happy. I think she’s really happy to be kissed, and so we stand and start walking back to the camp just a short distance away. I could see the men scurry to pretend like nothing happened, but come on, it’s a little too obvious.

--

The next day, we continue our journey to the next village of 350, where the usual food party routine continues. This village’s elder decides to spice things up with a small village dance, however, where all the villagers participate in some kind of a dance event, accompanied by music from the local musicians.

It’s a pleasant change, and I find myself enjoying the beat.

The girls are happy, and so we took our turns to participate in the dance. It’s nothing complicated, just a few steps back and forth, and a spin, and then you change partners. We also participate with the locals, but Anne and Sara both seem really happy when they get to dance with me. Lani, choose to eat at the side.

The first of those who dance with me is Sara. She’s blushing, but she tries to play it cool.

“Hi Prince.” I step closer, and she steps back a step.

“Hey. You dance often?”

“I am a dancer in the village…” Ah yes good point. That’s how I spotted her anyway. “You seem to have had some practice.”

“Ah… trained.” I smile, and it’s true, I did have training.

“We saw what you two did last night, I’m sure you know we were watching.” Sara blushes when she says that.

“Well, yeah.”

“I’m a bit jealous.”

OH? I smile, and Sara turns. I take a step back, and she takes a step forward. “Well, maybe one day I’ll give you a kiss too.”

Sara pauses and blushes. Her step goes a bit wide, but she quickly adjusts when she realises. “...ah… really?”

“Of course.”

“You’re such a player…” Sara pouts. “Are all royals like this?”

I joke, “Well, kings have harems, no?”

Sara twirls, and I take a step forward. “...true.”

It’s time to change, and I give Sara a nod. Anne’s my next partner. Sara nods at Anne and changes.

“Did you had a good sleep, Prince?” Anne smiles, we dance a bit. Somehow, all the villagers make some space for us.

“Pretty good.” Well, I actually did think about the taste of her skin a bit when I kissed her, and how nice she smells so close.

“Me too.” She blushes, but I think she lied. Her eyebags look a bit bigger. Maybe she stayed up all night.

“Really, sweet dreams?”

“Ah… maybe.” She smiles, and she twirls. Then its my turn to turn around.

“Its nice to have a dance like this. Maybe I should organise one once we are back in Loom.”

“Ah… that, that is a good idea.” Anne nods, and as we dance, we make more small talk. “So… how do you like this village?”

“Its nice.” Well, its like all the other villages. Nothing actually super special about it. I am here to look for targets to join my little army.

“Ah… its time to switch.” Anne pouts, but then, time to give others a chance.

I dance with a few other local ladies, most of them looks rather mature, probably in their late twenties or early thirties take turns to dance with me. Well, I am the Prince, so I guess I help fulfill some lifelong dreams there.

After the dance, we had some light snacks, to refill our energy levels. It is then I spot a young man.

“Hello.” I go and greet him, he is working in the kitchen all this while, and now finally has some time to come out.

“Oh… hello.” He bows, after noticing my princely attire, which is rather dirty after so many days of travelling.

“You are?”

“Marty.”

“Hi Marty, were you working in the kitchen?” I mean, I saw him walking out of the kitchen, and he looks to be wearing a kitchen staff attire. Still, had to confirm. I might have just missed him.

“Ah… yes. I help to cut the vegetables and fruits, and do the washing…”

“I see. You must be quite good at it.” He is well built despite his age, and his build and muscles look like that of a brawler, with strong, toned muscles, and tough skin.

He smiles. “Yeah I think I am pretty good.”

Marty, Rank 4, Level 6 Heavy Arm, Yellow.

Heavy Arm, ie a heavy infantry with shields.

“Are you… are you one of the guards here as well?”

Marty shakes his head, and I notice that he has a mark on his hand, common in our neighbouring nation.

“Marty’s one of the guys that moved to our village last year, there was a massive fire that destroyed his village.” It is then I saw his legs has burn marks on them.

“Ah yes, the elders have been good. I’ve been working and helping with the kitchens and doing some labor since I arrived.”

I see. An immigrant, that explains a bit.

“Ah, Marty, do you have any family here with you?”

“Ah yes my little sister is here with me.”

“Are you happy in this village, so far?”

“I am okay. A nice place, and the people treat me well.”

Hmm this conversation is not going the direction I want it to. I guess I should be direct. “Marty, I would like to employ you.”

“Huh?”

“Yes, ever thought of joining the army?”

Marty pauses, and seems a bit surprised by the question. He seems unsure and looks at me suspiciously, a look he never gave before. I think he is wondering certain things, like perhaps, how did I know he is a soldier?

“You can mull over it. I’ll be here till tomorrow.”

----

[Anne’s Blessed Maiden’s Protection]

[When activated, all hostile attacks reduced by 70%.]

Affection summary

  • Anne - 75%, Blue, Level 8
  • Adam - 50%, Yellow, Level 9
  • Sara - 14%, Green, Level 6
  • Lani - 9%, Yellow, Level 3
  • Reese - 30%, Red, Level 12

Skill Menu (After spending 2 skillpoints) (+) indicates can be upgraded.

  • Level 5 Prince (+)
    • Level 1 - Eye of affection
    • Level 3 - Crafter of gifts (+)
    • Level 2 - The power of love (+)
    • New skill - Level 1 Prince’s Titles.
  • Level 1 Healer (+)
    • Level 2 - Heal (+)
    • New skill - Level 1 Remove status effects
18