28 – Sara 40%
864 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After dinner, I walked Lani and Sara back to their house. They both share a house, though they have their own rooms. Loom is a medium sized town by the Kingdom's measures, and the state (in short, me), own a lot of properties and land in Loom and the surrounding.

After seeing them to their rooms, I set to walk home. Then I felt a tug on my back.

Ah, Sara. That's quick, I did not expect the 40% scene to trigger already. But hey, not picky.

"Prince…"

"Ah, yes?"

"Can we talk for a while, just the two of us?"

I smile, "Sure thing." I look around a spotted a few stone benches right outside, so I walk over and take a seat, motioning Sara to join me.

She sits next to me, and she smiles at me.

"How's Loom for you?" I try to make conversation, my eyes peeking at her.

She nods, "It… its okay." She looks shy, but not exactly blushing. She plays with her hair a little, and shakes her leg. "It helps that I have you, and the rest of them around to help me ease into life here…"

"That's good, I'll do what I can to help you."

She smiles, the sky is dark, and a cold wind blows. She has a shawl over her body, and a small flickering lamp at the side for a bit of light.

She's thinking, and she rocks her legs.

"Prince, can I ask you a question?"

"You already are. But sure, you can ask one more."

She blushes, and she asks, "What… what happens after we fight the big bad evil guy?"

“Oh. Peace, harmony for all?”

Sara pauses, “Oh fine, but… what about us? What happens to us?”

Well, that’s a tough one. That depends on what happens to me first, doesn’t it? If I get sent back to my world, then I have no idea what happens in this world. If I stay, well… then I should keep these talented ladies and gents around.

“I don’t know, really. I might get summoned back to the capitol or something.”

Sara looks sad that moment.

“But if I don’t, I would like to keep the team together, as a special task force, my personal elite guards.”

Sara seems to perk up at that time. “So it’s not just a team for a special event?”

“I’d like to think so.”

She looks at the little flickering lamp, the wind’s blowing, and she pulls her shawl around her a little tighter. “I… I should go get some sleep now.”

I nod.

“...could you read me a bedtime story?”

Uh. Uh… wait. Is that some kind of weird sexual hint? Should I say no? Wait. I don’t think Sara’s that sort of person, and the affection is too low. It’s probably legit.

“Okay.”

Well, it turns out Sara’s got a bedtime story, a small handwritten book with 2 stories in it. It’s really short, and is actually meant for young children.

The room she’s in is really basic, I think she does not have the time to make any decorations or personalisations yet. But there is a small stool which I sit on, next to the bed.

It’s a simple story, of a young girl who was attacked by wolves while picking herbs in the forest, and saved by a prince. They talked, they got married, and they lived happily ever after. The end.

“You gotta say the words with more flower and drama.” Sara sulks. “Not just read it flatly.”

Okay. I try again. It’s a short story, and I can do dramatic voice.

This time, Sara claps her hands, and lies down on her bed. “Thank you, Prince.”

I smile, well, that’s just a small favor, really. So, as I walk to the door, Sara in bed, she suddenly speaks.

“Do you think stories like that can happen?”

Oh. This is so stereotypical. This girl wants to be a disney princess, doesn’t she? Well, I’m in a game, so I play along. “I think so. It depends on the kind of prince you bump into, hopefully someone who reads bedtime stories like you do.”

“Are you teasing me?”

I grin, but she can’t really see me as it’s a bit dark. Or maybe she can since she’s a ranger. “A little bit. Good night, princess.”

I could somehow sense that she blushed there. Even though I can’t see a thing.

[Sara’s first special ability unlocked!]

[Arrows of evil-slaying]

14