30 – Looming Dangers
747 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

30 - Looming Danger I

2 Weeks remaining.

"Reese, welcome to Loom, happy you could make it."

"I made a vow to come. A true man does not back down from their vows… mostly." Reese says with a slight bow.

"Good, good. Time for practice, we need to get you into the team formation as soon as possible. We have little time left.

And Reese didn't get much time to rest, actually. I should have asked someone to ask him to come earlier, but my decision was made earlier. I pray this mistake does not cost me.

I thought things were going fine.

But somehow, as the weeks counted down, I suddenly had that fear, a panic attack. Like an unprepared student right before an important final exam.

Will it really be fine? I only have 2 weeks left. I should get Rene into the battle formation as well.

Oh god do I have time for that? Should I focus on improving the team and leave Rene for later? She's at 0% and I won’t be able to get her ready, even if she has double affection gain.

Oh shit.

Shit.

Shit.

I am going to die, isn't it?

Shit.

Am I sufficiently prepared?

Images of death flash before my eyes. All of them, sprawling over the battlefield, mauled to death by massive monsters.

Death.

"Prince, are you alright?" Anne holds my hand, her soft skin brushing my arms, and I turn to look at her.

Death.

Somehow I imagine her bloody, her face bleeding.

No.

No. I must not submit to this panic. This is my mind playing tricks at me, scaring me.

"Prince?"

I look at Anne again, this time she looks normal, and I breath a sigh of relief. I start doing some breathing techniques, telling myself this is my anxiety talking, this is me panicking when the time is running out.

It’ll be alright. It’ll be alright.

I’m stronger now. I have more levels, and the team is getting stronger. It’ll be fine. It’s just 2 weeks away.

“Maybe you should rest. You’re tired. The rest of them will continue.”

You know what, I think so too. I need to lie down. So Anne helps me back to the mansion, back to my room, and gave me some water and light snacks.

“You look pale....” Anne takes a cloth and wipes of some of the anxiety sweat. “Are you getting a fever?” Her palm touches my forehead, and it feels really nice.

“I don’t think so. I’m.. I think I’m just feel anxious that I only have 2 weeks left.”

I lie on the bed, and lay my head on the pillow, my body’s weight sinking into the mattress behind me. It feels nice.

“Everyone’s working really hard. Everyone believes you.”

“Do you?” I feel like I’m doubting her. I shouldn’t.

“I do.” Ah. Anne’s too pure to lie to me on this. “Rest, my prince. We’ll be here to protect you.”

I pull Anne closer, and after a brief initial resistance, she lets herself pulled over. There’s only 2 of us in my room right now, and well, maybe I just feel like it.

“Can I kiss you?” I’m not well today. I think I missed a medicine shot. Is this the side effect of my earlier anxiety attack?

Anne smiles, and instead, she leans in and pecks me on my forehead. “I think you need some rest, Prince Carlos. I’ll let you kiss me some other day, when you are better.”

I flash a big grin, and close my eyes. “I’ll remember that, Anne.”

14