Chapter-18
2.9k 12 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Your Majesty, are you incapable of thinking?”

For the reason for this current situation, let’s travel back in time by 10 minutes.

*knock* *knock*

“You may enter.”

I and Duke Landon made our way into the Emperor’s room.

Of course, I don’t want to be here. But Duke Landon told me that if I don’t inform what I am about to do, I might be considered as a rebel...

“So,  what important topic do you have to visit me this late at the night?”

“Your Majesty, Arthur her-”

“I have come here to inform Marquis Astley Devon’s demise two days later.”

“What!? Who is going to kill him?!?”, the Emperor shouted.

“Me, of course.”

“Arthur, are you crazy?!”

“No, I am perfectly sane.”

“Then why?!”

“He has a lot of crimes up his sleeves. But the main ones would be slave trading and trying to assassinate me.”

“Marquis Astley tried to assassinate you?!”, all of a sudden, the empress’s voice boomed from the door.

“Empress...*sigh* he did. The result of that is the explosion and me adopting a whole village.”

Hearing my short version of the story, the Empress pleaded, “Could you at least try to explain to me what is going on?”

“So this happened...and that happened.”

As I reached towards the end, both the Emperor and Empress became truly silent.

“So I was right on suspecting you.”, she said while glaring at me.

“Yes, you were, Empress.”

However, the Emperor, “But you can’t kill him, he has to be decapitated in front of the citizens.”

“I know, Your Majesty. But he embezzled almost 50% of the money. I have to harvest my investment, right?”

“For such a reason, you are going to kill someone? I will be sending the knights.”

He never changes, does he?

“Your majesty, are you incapable of thinking?”

“Arthur, watch your words!!”, Emperor shouted at me while glaring me down.

““...””, both the Empress and the Prime minister had their mouth shut.

“Want to know why I said that line? That’s because you are not trying to understand the current situation, he has individuals that can wipe out a whole village and you want to send in knights?!? Are you out of your mind?!?”

I’m losing my cool…

“Arthur, calm down. Augustus, Marquis Astley is slave trading!! Why do you not want Arthur to kill him?!?”, Duke Landon tried to convince the Emperor.

“He said it himself!! Astley has individuals that can wipe out a whole village and you want to send my son there!! Would you do the same with your daug-”

*SLAM*

“Let me make it clear, Emperor. There is only one son for you, William. I am Arthur Ellen Zemira. My mother’s name is Helena Zemira. I do not have a father.”

“Ar...Arthur, please calm down.”, Empress tried her best to calm down.

Does this man still believe I will forgive him?? 

“Please remain silent, Empress. Your Majesty, I am here as a Duke of Ellen. I am here to get your permission for disposing of Marquis Astley Devon. Please give it to me, and we will be on our own paths.”

We both stared at each for a long time, before the Emperor finally gave in and signed the License to kill Marquis Astley.

As soon as I got the signature, I tried to leave the room only to hear the emperor’s low-level voice.

“Come back alive.”

“Of course, I will. But not for you.”

“...”

Duke Landon and the Empress followed me out of the room.

“Arthur, please be careful.”, the Empress said as politely as she could.

“Arthur, remember, my daughter wants to go to the ceremony. So you definitely have to come back alive.”, Duke Landon said in a low-caring voice.

“Relax...I am definitely going to come back alive. So, Empress, please prepare a suit for me with Diana, and Duke Landon, inform your daughter to practice her dancing skills, and of course, tell her to keep the documents of our deal ready.”

“Haha~ I will definitely get the best suit I can.”

“And, of course, I will inform Fiona of what you said right now.”

“Great!! See you later. Oh, and inform Diana that I am leaving. I will visit her when I come back for the ceremony.”

“Okay, take care, Arthur”

As soon as they leave, I quickly dashed over to my residence to get one item.

My sword.

As soon as I grab the handle of the sword,

*Wiiing* *Wiing*

The sword rapidly pulsed sending strong vibrations throughout my whole body, but as soon as it noticed me, the pulse calms down and matches pace with my heartbeat.

The sword has various runes and sigils running all over the blade, blue light flicks through them, also matching my heartbeat.

This sword is something I made with thousands of hours of labor. I used the knowledge obtained from the dreams and books on sigils to create this. It has it’s own thought process, with its loyalty towards me, only I could harness the full power of the sword.

And only those whom I allow will be able to lift the sword. But the problem is, I am not proficient in controlling the power output of the sword. 

I really hope I don’t have to use [Lux].

“Now then, Lux, shall we leave?”

Lux, then retracts the blade only leaving the handle. 

If not for the crazy power, Lux would have been my favorite sword. 

Prior to speaking with the Emperor, I sent both Sebastian and Rachel to Ellen. 

“Now, I have to catch up with Sebastian.”

*******

[Jane.]

[Boss?]

[Where are the other nobles?]

[In the same mansion as the Marquis.]

[I see...are there other nobles involved in slave trading?]

[As far as I know...none.]

[Good.]

“Sebastian, bring in Nestley.”

“Yes, my lord.”

Right now, we are in Ellen. We will depart in an hour, and reach Marquis’s mansion by tomorrow morning. And from there, I am gonna need Nestley to maintain Devon household after Astley’d death.

“Greetings, Duke Arthur.”

“Hello, Nestle Devon. I believe Sebastian has already briefed you on everything, but can you do this? I will be blunt, I don’t need a sandbag. I need a person who can make quick decisions.”

“Then you have come to the right person, Duke Arthur. You could say the only relation we have is blood and nothing more.”

“Good. Of course, once you get the title, I hope you will pay me back what your brother took from Ellen.”

“The amount is certainly big, but I am glad to know that you will leave enough money to run the territory”

“Of course, why do the citizens have to suffer because of your brother’s actions?”

“True, but what will you be doing about the village?”

“About that...Ron.”

“Yes, My lord.”

“Have you informed your village?”

I hope they are ready to leave... If not, the plan might get delayed.

“I have informed them, My lord. Please leave the transportation of the villagers to us. But how are we gonna attack the Marquis? Assassination?”

“Assassination? Haha~ Absolutely not, we are going to go through the...front door.”

“Yes?", he looked at me dumbfounded

“Those three will surely be by the gate...While I take care of them, you will be rescuing the hostages.”, I said pointing to Ron.

“That is a viable plan...but will you be able to hold on by yourself against those three?”

I accidentally broke out into a burst of laughter

“Hahaha~ will I be able to hold on against them?!? I think you are having a terrible misunderstanding, Ron. If I was serious against you, I would have easily wiped the floor with you.”

“...!!”, Ron looked at Sebastian with a look of confusion.

“My lord was holding back a lot to not kill you.”

“I see...we never had a chance, huh.”

“So then, the plan is simple. I will be going through the front gate, Sebastian, Ron, and the other assassins will be rescuing the hostages, and Nestley, you will be on hold until we call for you. Are we clear?”

“““YES, MY LORD”””

LET THE HUNT BEGIN.

109