Chapter-13
3.1k 15 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sebastian, go to the Baron and arrange for caged carriages. I will be going to Fredrick with the girl.”

“Yes, My Lord”

I started moving to the hospital. Not everyone knows my appearance, after all, it has been over 7 years since I made an entrance, but this is trivial compared to what the girl has gone through.

Acid...ah, I have to calm down.

Inside the hospital, I was guided to a secluded room. In the room, I found an old couple, with a crying young boy, and a young girl who would have had a beautiful appearance if not for the acid marks all over her face.

“Ugh!!!....Agh…”

How painful it must be? She is even trying to not let the voice come to avoid worrying the parents.

“You...who are you?!?”, the parents screamed at me. 

“I am the First Prince of Zemira Empire, Arthur Zemira.”

““Your...Your Highness!!””, the two exclaimed while kneeling.

“Please raise yourself, I am not here as a prince, but as a brother who is going to demand justice for his sister.”

“Thank you, your highness...Thank you”

I slowly moved towards the girl and asked as kindly as I could.

“What is your name, young lady?

“Ra...Rachel.”

“I know what has happened to you...so, hear me out right now. Do you want to see those brothers drowning in pain?

“...”, she stared at me with a troubles expression.

While kneeling beside her bed, I spoke as calmly as I could, “Listen to me Rachel, I am not a saint and neither are you. It is not a sin to give back what they gave you, right? So, tell me...do you want to see them in pain? I will do as you say.”

All of a sudden...tears filled her eyes, and she spoke with a broken voice,

“Ye...Yes!! I want to see those bast...bastards drowning in pain. I want to fill their eyes with despair, just like they did to me.”

Ah...great...this is great...

“Yes...we will”

[Jane]

[Boss]

[Where is Fredrick, right now?]

[He is in an abandoned building, right outside of the town]

[Good…]

“Now then, Rachel. Let’s go vaccinate the disease.”

********

The building Fredrick is in right now had a lot of broken windows and the paint is nowhere to be seen.

As I made my way through the gate, a huge number of bandits came into my eyesight. And behind all of them, were Fredrick and his brother.

“Eh...who is this chicken?”

“Little boy...this is the place for adults like us...if you want to play, then you have come to the wrong place”

“Hey~~, Frederick, isn’t that the chick you’ve been looking at??”

“Yeah, she is, look at her state. If she had accepted my request, nothing would have happened to her.”

“You are right, brother. Oh wait, did the boy come here to leave her to us.”

Then suddenly one of the bandits exclaimed, “Hey!! Isn’t this the first prince of the Empire?”

“Ah!! Now that you say, he does fit the appearance. But what is up with those clothes?”

“It doesn’t matter!! Let’s capture this bastard and blackmail the emperor for money...oh...at the same time, let’s dispose of the girl after we had our way wi-”

“...Kneel”

*DOOOM*

“AHHHHH!!!”

“It hurts!!!”

“What is happening?!?!”

One by one, the bandits screamed right after falling to the ground on their knees.

*crack*

“Aghhh!! My bones!!”

The whole estate was filled with the sounds of bones breaking and the painful screaming of the bandits.

“Wh...What did you do?!?”

“Why are they all in pain?!!??”

*Click*

I handcuffed the two bastards and made my way to a nearby bench.

“Brother? I...I thought these two will be the ones in pain.”

“You see...the emperor ordered me to bring these two to the palace. That is what we are going to do.”

“But..but what about my rev-”

“It has to wait…"

“Hahaha~~ Looks like you are just like the rumours, an incompetent prince who is a loyal dog to the throne.”

Gaining confidence from my words, Frederick, started to speak rubbish.

“My lord, I am here with the carriages.”

“Good...get the bandits in the carriage. And I am taking these bastards with me in my carriage.”

I started to pull the brothers towards my carriage. Rachel also started walking beside me in silence. Looking at this scene, Frederick started speaking in a gleeful tone,

“Do you understand, Rachel? This is who we nobles are, not even the prince could do any-”

*Click*

“Eh? What are you doing?!?”, Frederick’s brother started to shout.

“You, spineless prince, what are you trying to do with us?”

“Brother!!”, Rachel in complete contrast to the brothers exclaimed happily.

I did not allow them to sit inside but attached their handcuffs to the back of the carriage.

“You see, the emperor ordered me to bring you two to the palace. But in what manner I bring you is up to me. Aren’t I right, Sebastian?”

“Your absolutely right, My lord. The emperor did not impose any restrictions on you on how to bring them. Do you want to sit inside the carriage, My lord?”

“...Inside? Nah, we have a better place. Come on Rachel, we have the platinum seat reserved for us.”

I got me and Rachel on top of the carriage using magic.

“Driver...start.”

And thus started, our day-long drive to capital started.

...hmmm…

“Looks like these guys can run pretty well, driver increase the speed.”

Slowly they two started to lose stamina and Fredrick slipped first into the ground.

“AHHHH!!! It hurts!! It huuurts!!”, he shrieked with pain.

“Please forgive me!! Please!!! I swear to not do this again, Rachel please!!!”, right after sliding in the ground, Frederick’s brother started apologizing.

But their wails were of no use, Rachel during the whole time never slept and kept looking at them with ice-cold eyes.

“Brother, Thank you…”, she slowly whispered into my ears.

“It’s my duty, Rachel”, I said as I patted her head.

Looks like my anger has reduced...

An hour after we started, two blood trails were running behind our carriage.

“AGH!! At this rate, we are going to die!!!! Please leave us…”, Fredrick started yelling.

“Don’t worry, you won’t. I will make sure that you never hurt your head, of course, it is so that you can process the pain with full concentration.”

“Nooooo!!”

...after watching this in the capital, the news will surely spread and that is when they will know, what the Duke of Ellen is capable of.

********

"I have brought them as you requested, Your majesty."

The emperor made a complicated face after seeing the state of the bodies. After crossing various terrains, they are nothing but a bloody mass of flesh. 

...it's a pity, though...they did well, to keep up their conscious till the capital...but minutes after meeting the emperor, the two fainted.

"Arthur, what did you do?"

"I did as you said, your majesty. I brought the two culprits. But I don't understand why you had to wait at the gate. If you have informed me, these two would have been in your room right now, for interrogation."

Slowly, citizens started to crowd among us.

Hmm...this is a good opportunity to have my name known.

I walked up to the Emperor and whispered in a voice that no one else could hear.

"You can reprimand me here, but remember your name will be dragged along the mud if you do that. After all, these two are culprits. You punishing me instead of them will leave a black mark on your name. Think carefully.", saying such lines I walked towards the Empress spoke to her.

"...Don't worry they are not dead.", the mages are right now trying to heal the brothers.

*sigh* "...whatever...these two along with the knights will be hanged tomorrow. So, it doesn't matter."

"Was it your idea or his?", I asked mockingly.

"Both."

"Of course...he is not capable of such decisions."

"...are you not going to address the citizens?"

Desperate to change the topic, huh. Well, what she is said is import too.

"Greeting to the citizens of Zemira. My name is Arthur Zemira, First prince of the Zemira Empire and the Duke of Ellen. These two nobles here have sprayed acid on this girl right here. Why you ask? It's because she refused their advances. Our great Emperor here ordered me to capture these two culprits immediately. Long live the Emperor! Long live the Empire!!

Ugh...just uttering these makes me want to throw up...but I don't want anyone to think we both are in bad terms.

"Long live Emperor Augustus!!"

"Long live Duke of Ellen!!"

"Long live the Empire!!"

Such songs were sung for a long time. 

"Anyways, where is Diana?", I asked while facing the Empress.

"In her room, we told her not to come out...why?"

"Well, she has a new friend to play with.", I said as I guided Rachel into the palace.

I completely healed Rachel's face, though I should have done this earlier, she pleaded me not to do it until we meet the emperor.

...cunning and cold-hearted...she would be a great addition to the Duchy.

Ah...I forgot

"Empress!"

"Yes?"

"Please arrange a meeting with me and Lady Fiona."

"Eh?"

"I will gladly do it!!", said the Prime minister with a pleasant face.

"You were here all along??!!"

...The guy can become as thin as air if he wanted it...

"Yes, that doesn't matter...She will be coming to the palace tomorrow to meet Prince William. You can meet each other at that time."

"Ah..sure. Thank you, Duke Landon"

Is it just me or is he weirdly excited?

 

 

 

112