Chapter-23
3.2k 11 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Tweet* *Tweet*

With the birds singing and the sun casting warm light into the room, one could say it is a morning pleasant enough to lull you back into sleep.

However, the black-haired prince living in the corner building of the palace is busy setting up the magical orb.

“Finally! It’s working...now then let’s connect it to that idiot.”

*Bzzt* *Bzzt*

“Yo, Arthur!! No...Guess it’s Duke Arthur now. Honestly how many names are you gonna have? From Crown Prince to Incompetent First prince and now finally to Duke of Ellen.”

Just what is this idiot blabbering this early in the morning?

The one I am speaking with now is the Crown prince of Lysandra Empire, Alexander Lysandra. His face equipped with bright white hair and deep yellow eyes is a face that I can never forget. Though it is not shown in the magical orb, he does have a build that is similar to me and William.

And he is our childhood friend.

“It doesn’t matter to you anyway. You always call me Arthur.”

“True True~~ So? What’s up? Your not a person to call me for simple greetings.”

“Yeah, so who are the Reeles?”

That single sentence was enough to put his expression into a null.

“How do you know them?? They are a mercenary group working under Duke of Arma.”

Duke of Arma...This Duke is busy creating enemies left and right.

“I see~ well, I had a small conversation with them. That is before they fell to the ground.”

Haha~ it’s funny to see his expression move from expressionless to confused to shock and finally to misery.

“YOU KILLED THEM?!? Wait, no...Are you hurt?? Ughh...I forgot who I was talking to. And wipe that grin off your face. So, you really did kill them?”

“I did. Want me to send their heads to you?”

“Nope, I’ll pass. So, what were they doing there?”

“Slave trading. From Marquis Astley of my Empire to Duke of Arma of yours.”

“Fuck! Slave trading?! Of all things, that rebellious bastard had to choose Slave trading!”

“Then I can take it that he is of no use to you?”

If Duke of Arma is not needed...then maybe with Alex’s help, I could finish him for trying to harm me.

“No, he is not needed. But that doesn’t mean it is easy to dispose of him.”

“Hmm?”

“He holds a huge territory with multiple businesses. He also holds a lot of nobles at his fingertips. But hey, with what happened to you, I can finally try to move against him.”

Alexander Lysandra. A monster born with the help of a Spirit. With the help of his Fire spirit and the high use of wisdom, he brought almost every part of Lysandra under his palms.

Alex was fated to die the moment he came out to the world. Why? Because he was weirdly malnourished. However, he was saved by a wandering fire spirit. Not many know this. The only people who know about this are the royal family of Lysandra and Zemira.

“So with this, you will have all of Lysandra under your control?”

“Yep!!”

Hmmm...something doesn’t feel right.

“Hey...how do you plan on bringing him down?”

“I have a rough idea, but first I would start by cutting off his connection to other fiefs. He should become quite surprised by this move and slowly his territory should start facing loss. And then it is just a matter of time. And no, as you know, it is not this simple, but this is a good way to start.’”

“Hmm~ I see”

[Jane.]

[...]

[Jane!]

[...]

[No salary this month.]

[I am here!!!]

[Good. Now, I don’t care about the expense, but…]

[but?]

[Details on all projects under Alex’s guiding. Oh and of course, I want it by one week.]

[You overbearing-unfair boss! Do you realize how hard it is to get information from an Imperial family?!? And this one is a neighbouring Empire!!!]

I am asking too much of her, huh…

[Atleast try to get some information...Even the title is enough.]

[It’s gonna cost you a lot.]

[Haha~ Do you realize you are talking to one of the wealthiest man of the Zemira Empire.]

[Tch...I hope you drown in your money.]

[Bye Jane!!]

“Oh, William’s gonna graduate, right?”

“Yep, he is.”

“I see...hey, ever felt sad for not enjoying the childhood life?”

Like me, Alex too had never attended school or any academy. Unlike me, who has a photographic memory, Alex had to use pure hard work to graduate at an early age.

“What, do you want to happily chat and someday fall in love with a classmate?”

“What is wrong with dreaming?!?”

“You should have dreamt about his before graduating at the age of 11!! Who was the one who spent days in the library to completely learn the whole academy’s syllabus?!”

“I...I thought girls would like a man who is both handsome and knowledgeable.”

This idiot…

“They would only like it when you show it off to them!! I bet most of the girls know you only by rumors.”

“Stop...you are making me cry!!”

Having seen the pitiful Alex, I couldn’t help but burst into a roar of laughter.

“HAHAHA~~”

“You devil...anyway joke’s aside, how do you plan on bringing in the slaves?”

“It’s quite difficult...hey bro, could you help me?”

“And there it is!! Arthur’s “Bro”, why do you only say this when you need something from me?!? You know my answer...of course, I’ll help you.”

“Great...it’s not possible to bring back the citizens one by one. It’s better to bring them in one whole round.”

“True...it’s going to be dangerous if Duke of Arma somehow found about your involvings.”

“Yeah, and that’s why I want you to set up a warehouse.”

“A warehouse?”

“Yes, one big enough to house a company called “ELZ”.”

“Yours, huh. I see...this could work. If I somehow get back all the people and put them inside the building, it should be all good.”, Alex finally caught up to my thought.

“After all, no one would dare to make a check on the warehouse of a Prince of Zemira Empire.”

“And even if they do, they need my signature.”

“Which you never would.”

“Great~”

Yeah...really great, two targets with one stone. This way, my company will have more reach and at the same time, I can save all the people.

“Oh Arthur, what will you be selling?”

“Something cold...something no one has ever seen.”

“Ohhhh~ looking forward to it. Wait...you haven’t even set up your company in the Zemira Empire?”

“Don’t worry...it’s all most done. The building and the basement are close to completion. Just need to recruit employees. But it will take about a month more. So, I expect you to finish the warehouse by then.”

“Okie Dokie. Consider it done.”

Okie Dokie?...what the heck

“Oh wait...how is Princess Diana?”

“Other than the fact that she is crazy for my food...she’s doing fine. Why?”

“My sister pestered me to ask that to you.”

“Oh, Princess Catherine? How is she?”

“She’s doing okay?”

Hmm...as far as I know, Princess Catherine is a lively lady. So is there anything bothering her?

“Did something happen?”

“She’s been down for some time...I have no idea what’s wrong with her.”

“I see...why don’t you bring her sometime? A change of air might be good.”

“I don’t think so...she doesn’t really like Zemira Empire anymore.”

“HUH?!?”

She doesn’t like Zemira Empire anymore?? What’s that supposed to mean?? Think...Think..Why would she not like this place?...AHH!!!

I clearly remember the picture of her playing in this palace. Though she is a bit on the rough side, she was still very lively.

Hmm? Wait...wouldn’t she always play with…

Oh boy...I can’t stop grinning!!

“Oii...is the story of my sister being down in the dumps such an amusing topic for you?!”

“Huh...no of course, not. I just thought of a reason as to why she hated Zemira Empire.”

“Hah! You? Even as her brother, I couldn’t find the reason. I could at least try to accept it if it was William who said that…wait a sec.”

“SEE?”

“Oh~~ And why haven’t I found the reason till now?!”

“Isn’t it because you have zero experience in love?”

“Shut up. But hey, this is trouble. Isn’t William already engaged to Lady Fiona?”

“Don’t worry...Their engagement will soon be annulled.”

“The heck? What’s the reason?”

“He is courting another girl.”

“This doesn’t make any difference, you idiot!!”

“Yeah...true. But I think William is up to something.”

I mean...he never moved any engagement talks to Lady Lily’s house.

“Is that so? Can’t you use that brain of yours to think of something?”

“Hey, who do you think I am? I am in the same boat as you, I too have zero experience in love.”

“And don’t say that proudly.”, Alex screamed

“Haha~ but I finally have a reason for his actions.”

“What do you mean?"

I still vividly remember the day when William was coronated as the Crown Prince. He was excited but had the look that never betrays the citizen. For years, I couldn’t put a finger on his plans but I think I have a rough idea now…however, I could be either completely on point to the reason or he is really in love with Lily. Well, time will tell...

“Nothing...just inform Princess Catherine, that everything is going to be fine.”

“*sigh* I will…Anyways, I have to go now.  Talk to you later.”

“Sure, bye”

“Oi!!”

“Yeah?”

“Just a quick question...but will you be attending the graduation ceremony?”

“Uh-uh with Lady Fiona.”

“Woo hoo~ with Lady Fiona? You lucky boy.”

“I’m gonna cut the connection.”

“Okay sorry!! But do you know how to dance?”

“Of course I do”

“No, you don’t!!!”

“Hey, I am pretty sure I can pick it up from where I left years ago.”

“Exactly!! The last time you danced was years ago. Now you are nothing but an introvert who likes swords and books!”

“Shut up! What do you want me to do?”

“Nothing...I will do it myself.”

“Whatever...Bye!!”

“He...Hey!! Don’t you dare bring shame to Lady Fio-”

*BZZT**BZZT*

“Phew...what’s up with him? Anyways, gotta call Sebastion…”

*Bzzt**Bzzt*

“My lord?”

“Sebastian, the mansion and building for Elz is ready?”

“Of course, My lord. The people were more than happy to help in the building. And with the help of magic, a beautiful mansion and a building large enough for Elz has been made.”

“Great...what about the basement for Elz?”

“That too has been made according to your blueprints.”

“I see...then I will be back by tom-”

Just as I could finish...I was interrupted by another voice.

“BROTHER ARTHUR!!!!”

Standing by the entrance is a teenage girl with silky golden hair. And in the whole Empire, there is only one girl like that.

“Diana?”

What is she doing here? And why does she sound angry??

“I heard from Prince Alex...it sees that you don’t know how to dance.”

That bastard….he sold me out!!! It’s not like I don’t how to dance...It’s just that it has been a while since last time.

“Haha...of..of course it is not true, Diana. Do you believe me or Alex?”

“Prince Alex cares about you a lot. So he would not lie when it comes to you. I want you to be in the dancing hall today. Along with mother, I will be teaching you how to dance. I don’t want Lady Fiona to be ashamed by your laziness. GOT IT?”

Yep...My way out has been sealed.

“Fine.”

“Good~!”

“Sebastian, I won’t be able to come back until the ceremony is over. Make sure to be here next week for the ceremony, alright?”

“Of course, my lord.”

105