Chapter-27
3.5k 34 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That day...the day when my eyes landed upon a lonely Arthur placing one of his mother’s chain inside the coffin, changed my life.

I, Fiona Hastings, Daughter of the Hastings Dukedom is placed among one of the most powerful positions of the Zemira Empire. One enough to rival other Duchess. 

[You are destined to become the next Empress.]

Perhaps hearing these words constantly, my brain considered that my position as the future Empress was a given…

From the early age of 8, my training started. I was made to work relentlessly irrespective of the time. Mother too would sometimes take up on my lessons herself. During one such day,

“Mother, my engagement with Prince Arthur hasn’t been confirmed yet. Why should I take these lessons at this early stage?”

Mother with a smiling face slightly tapped my face and spoke in a prideful tone, 

“You are the sole daughter of the Hasting Dukedom. There is no one other than you who has the right to become the Empress. And I have seen His Highness Arthur in person, he is a bright child. If you don’t want to be overshadowed by him, make sure to learn with all your effort.”

A bright child…

Never once...in my past 8 years of life, have I ever heard my mother praise someone else. 

He must be special.

Saying so for the next three years, not caring for light and dark, I immersed myself in the sea of knowledge. Starting with the History of the Zemira empire all the way to magic. I had the basics and introductions down.

Just as I was about to move onto the next set of books, a piece of devastating news spread through the Empire.

Empress Helena has passed away.

It was sudden...almost as if God was playing pranks on the humans down here. A woman loved by the whole Empire has passed away. A single piece of bright light faded away into the void.

I knew very well that the Empress had more power than the Emperor. The support of the people was so immense that she always manages to overshadow the Emperor. 

Unfortunately, I had only a couple of chances to meet her. But those were enough to put down the lingering doubts in my heart.

I, Fiona who was still naive had the liberty to doubt everyone. Adding on to the fact that I also had just started to learn politics.

I imagined Empress Helena as a person with a varying personality. What if she used kindness as a mask to hold all the support? What if she was a calculative person who knows how to act in front of different individuals?

Such questions always floated around my brain. But those were put down quickly after witnessing her glimmering eyes.

Innocent? Maybe…

On almost all occasions that I met her, she would always talk about how cute I was. Perhaps it was just lip service? But I couldn’t make it out, she was just too bright and innocent that I didn’t have the urge to doubt her.

And now she is gone...vanishing from the face of the world.

Our family was one of the first to make it to the Royal Crematory, and let me tell you

The route to this place was filled with the cries of millions of people.

This little scene was enough to let me know how loved she was.

The ceremony carried on and finally, the rumored Prince made his appearance. Pitch black hair, Crimson red eyes, and his unusually tall appearance. He didn’t seem like a kid who is a year younger than me.

A sheltered prince?

Never bothered to make an appearance for the public. Most of the subjects of the Empire don’t know how he looks.

I heard that the Prince was especially close to his mother. This might be too much for him.

I greeted him before leaving the grounds. But the response I received was simple,

“Thank you for taking the time to visit.

A simple response. Father stayed back to make sure that things are running smoothly.

I along with my Mother and Brother quickly got on our carriage and headed back home.

That night, however, was different...far apart from normal, it was downright hideous.

“Fiona Hastings!! I hereby announce the annulment of our engagement!!”

Who is he? He has shining Golden hair and I felt like I have seen him somewhere. 

YES!! He has the same shade of hair as the Emperor!! But how?!?

“Your Highness!! Please reconsider!! I love you with all my heart!! Someone like her doesn’t have the right to stand beside you!!”

The one who said these lines were...me. But older. Shining platinum blonde hair and tall body structure not suitable for a lady. That was me!! 

But why? Why don’t I feel any connection to this girl here? She was crying...yes. Her yearning gaze fell upon the young couple in front of me. 

The one with the Golden hair had a little midget clinging onto him. Pink hair...had an innocent look that proved that she never had seen the true colors of this world.

Wait! Why is he announcing the annulment of the engagement? Why am I engaged to him and not to Prince Arthur? And I even called this guy ‘Your Highness’. Just who is he? An illegitimate child? But why was I engaged to him? Shouldn’t the crown prince be Prince Arthur, the son of Empress Helena?

“You don’t have the right to decide who stands beside who, Lady Fiona!”

Saying so, the person in question made his appearance. 

Prince Arthur!

But he looked like a completely new person. This older one here doesn’t look as dignified as the one I met today. Just what happened to make him change like this?

There were three more boys surrounding these three. Richard Longe, Leo Gray and...my own brother, Silas Hastings!

But all they had in common were the loving gaze pointed towards the pink haired lady. 

I am your blood-related sister!! Don’t have the gaze that could kill someone towards me!

Of course, my voice never reached anyone. Finally, the older me made her move.

“Silas, please...don’t do this to me! I am your own sister!!”

Perhaps hearing my words...she asked the exact thing I wanted to.

“Sister?!? You don’t have the right for the position! You are the shame of the Hastings Family! Not only did you spread rumors of Lily, you even attempted to assassinate!”

But unlike the sweet brother I knew...this person too was completely different. A gaze filled to the brim with hatred and disgust. That’s what he and all the other nobles around me had in common.

“Stop it, Silas. For the crimes she committed, I, the crown prince, William Zemira will make sure she gets the highest punishment”

Hooold up! Crown Prince William Zemira?? He is not only the illegitimate son but also the Crown Prince? And why are you nodding your head, Prince Arthur?

And what do you mean by punishment? In my understanding, I can already imagine what happened that led to this current situation.

This girl, Lily was a lady that was liked by the whole school and I, Fiona was a lady hated by everyone. Or at least that’s what the gazes out here tell me.

She got close to my fiance (?), and I got angry and harassed her. But after a lot of patience, the crown prince finally decided to annul our engagement and punish me for my crimes.

What the actual fuck!!

Of course, I would get angry and harass her! I had my whole life drown in the sea of training to hone my skills as a future Empress. But a little midget, out of nowhere snatched my position and you expect me to stay still?

I won’t be a human if I don’t get angry!

The dream moved forward and showed me various other situations. Or the various punishments I would get.

Death by hanging...or the suicide I would take with my hands.

Assassination...or something the Crown Prince would choose after realizing the power my father had.

Public beheading. Even now, the people regarded me as a Villaines and not as Fiona.

Poison, rotting in jail, left alone in the Forest of peace….etc.

The various deaths I saw were more than enough to instill fear deep in my bones. I was trembling. The picture of seeing my own head roll over the ground or how I simply vanished in the Forest of peace or how brutally I struggled because of the poison.

They were more than enough to deprive me of any energy to move.

Completely soaked in sweat...I opened my eyes.

“Ju...Just what was that dream?”

My heart said that the dream would become real but my brain indicated that in the end, it was just a dream.

What if it was real?

I stayed in my room...my whole family was concerned about my weird behavior.

But Silas...you will be the one to drop me off in front of the Forest of Peace. How can I stay kind to you?

During my self-concealment...I prayed...constantly prayed that nothing wrong would happen. That at the end of the day, the dream would stay as a dream and I would spend my life happily after being married to His Highness Arthur.

However, God poured cold water towards my prayers.

A new prince...one with Golden Hair appeared. And within a month of his appearance, he became the Crown Prince.

NOOO!!! Am...Am I going to be killed?!

“...Don’t worry, Fiona. Even though the position of the Crown Prince has changed, your role as the future Empress remains the same.”

Mother said with a kind smile.

But mother… your daughter will be killed in various ways...will you have the will to smile like this during that day?

A sentence that I never managed to tell anyone. 

However, only one little detail was different from the dream. In the dream, Prince Arthur stayed completely hostile towards the Emperor and Prince William.

But in reality, it seemed like Prince Arthur willingly gave up his position and started living in a corner of the palace. Way out of the prying eyes of other nobles.

But this will not make any difference…

In due time, I was engaged to His Highness William. Things moved on...very similar to the dreams.

I was scared...How would you feel, if you know that you would die in the future? Time was ticking...and so was my brain.

I think the only difference between Fiona in the dream and me is that I had the power of the dreams.

If I see something familiar, I would get dreams detailing me about it completely.

For example, food...I know dishes that don’t exist in this world. Clothes that have never been seen by anyone.

On one such day, when I accompanied my father to the knight’s training grounds...I dreamed of being in a similarly fashioned area. But in here...there were more things. Vehicles that seemed to move on some kind of engine. Soldiers jogging in a uniform manner. And shooting grounds...basically speaking, a Military Base.

The next day I even dreamed of wielding a dagger...but nothing else. I don’t know how to wield a sword or bow. But a dagger is something unique for me.

And of course, I put them into use. 7 years passed by. Including Empress Education (which was nothing but a waste of time) I even managed to get a company up and running.

Why 7 years later? Because the Prime Minister or my father passed a law which made me illegal to start a company below the age of 17.

Stupid, right?

But I bet it’s his own way of caring for me. Because no one would take a child running a business seriously.

But the one thing that stayed common in both the dream and reality was that my parents loved me to death.

However, that was the only positive situation for me. Because reality strictly followed the dream. Just like the dreams, A girl with bright pink hair made her appearance. The boys, like idiots, followed her. 

Lily Dormer...she too had followers like the late Empress. But the difference in them was immense. Empress had people around her through kindness, but the girl here controlled others through an act.

Yes, an act.

I was clearly able to see that her actions were nothing more than drama. Scared through her action, I too moved my pieces. I became close to other fiancees, and I was surprised at how close I got with them.

In the dreams, we four always moved separately...but here, with the support of each other, we managed to not drown in despair and live through.

Even without doing anything, we would always be blamed for crimes we never committed. And the boys just blindly accepted the lies spewed out by Lily. 

I could have raised my voice, but...the fear of losing my life overwhelmed me. The sight of the lifeless head rolling on the ground, with people cheering all around sent chills all over my body.

I made sure silence was the only answer I had for everyone…

I relentlessly worked, using my training and the dreams I had to raise my company to the state it was now.

But again, there was a difference. Prince Arthur was nowhere to be seen.

He was supposed to attend the academy together with us, but he was missing.

Rumors of him being incompetent and spineless were already known throughout the Empire. But the person in question never bothered to fix them.

I was hoping...hoping that reality would end differently in comparison to the dreams. And it did…

[First Prince Arthur, dragged two Baron sons throughout the Empire as punishment for their harassments!]

[First Prince Arthur now is the Duke of Ellen!! Is he the youngest Duke alive?!?]

Such news spread like wildfire. Finally, an event different from the dreams took place. And hearing these...I couldn’t control my urge to meet him.

After all, he was a man who I was supposed to be engaged to,

“Fiona, it seems like Duke Arthur wants to meet you.”

“Huh?”

Just what did this father of mine announce?

He wants to meet me? Sure, I will gladly meet him!!

Of course, things don’t go that easily...I learned that the idiots accompanying the midget will be there in the palace.

No! I refuse to meet him while the midget is there!

Saying so, I told father to arrange a restaurant for us to meet, to which he happily accepted.

The time arrived and my prayers were finally answered. I felt like the hand strangling my hand for the past years finally loosened.

The First Prince Arthur in front of me is a completely different existence in comparison to the one in the dreams. 

The one in the dream had a rather miserable air around him, even though he was hostile towards the Emperor and William, he didn’t have any power to go against them. But the one here had managed to get himself a whole Duchy.

How?! Is he still hostile towards them?!

To not make it obvious, I first inquired about how he became a Duke and then blatantly declared his relationship with the Emperor and William.

And his reaction confirmed everything. 

So despite being on bad terms with the Emperor and William, he became a Duke. Just like my mother said years ago…

A bright child.

I believe the one in the dreams, became miserable after drowning in despair due to the late Empress’s death. And somehow, the midget managed to heal him.

Yahoo~~!!!! If not for Duke Arthur being in front of me, I would have celebrated this moment by dancing with all of my energy.

Yes...I was happy, no...perhaps I have really just started to live, maybe my life only starts from here.

I shouldn’t leave him out of my sight.

With such thoughts running around my rather glad brain, the meeting continued. Well...though it was rough, at least I was able to find out about the swindlers.

But the funny thing was that I never managed to know how he got the information. Well, I suppose I will never get to know.

At the end of the day, one point was clear. If I want to live...I have to stay with Duke Arthur. The only person straying off track with the dreams.

“Good...I have found my escort for the graduation ceremony. We will be talking about this next week. Bye!”

I didn’t wait for his response...cause Yes is the only option available for him. It’s his fault for being the only silver thread available in my endless void.

In the pretext of learning about fief management, I will make sure that I at least stay in the same town as his. Though I don’t really want to disturb him, I have no choice. He is the only piece that can solve endless suffering.

Is he strong though?

The one in my dreams was unbelievably weak, he never bothered to train and used the knight’s power to make his way through any problem. But the real one seemed...different, with the way he carries himself with confidence, he should have some strength to back it up.

And...yep.

He is strong...no it would be a pity to class him at the same level as others

I had a hard time to not break my face into a smiling mess. The sight of him holding down two of the princes in the bay was so dazzling that a smile unknowingly propped up in my face.

Remember Fiona...not yet, we don’t know if he too will change. 

I repeatedly warned myself to not place belief in Arthur. After all, I have no idea if he will bother to save me in the future.

Unfortunately, the above thoughts were quickly shot down by Arthur as he placed a Crown on top of my head.

Are you really the same person in my dream?!? The one who condemned me in one reality is crowning me in another! Haah...I give up.

Somehow I managed to get back home without losing my sanity...but what about the next day?

Just as Arthur said, I reached the palace early in the morning.

Let’s see what William’s going to tell me.

But...what the actual fuck?!?

When I reached the building in which Arthur lived, I was greeted by three princes minutes before clashing each other. The building...I presume in which Arthur lived, had a big hole in it. The ground around His Highness Alexander and William was already at a stage of melting.

And Arthur had his mana pour all over the surrounding. The knights were in a dilemma on what to do. They couldn’t just go in and block the three. Even I, with my own power, won’t be able to hold them down.

And just why is Prince Alexander here?! From what I can see these three are friends. But in the dreams, His Highness Alexander never made an appearance.

“Sebastian, could you stop them?”

I, for a fact, know that Sebastian was the exclusive butler of the late Empress. And with the dreams, I also know that Sebastians has the strength that denies his calm appearance.

“Of course, My lady”, saying so, Sebastian jumped in between the three, and easily stopped their movements. 

Hazel, who I called for company, was stupefied by his abnormal strength. In due time we had all the knights leave and somehow awkwardly situated ourselves inside Arthur’s building.

It’s cozy…

It didn’t feel like Royal’s place of living. I don’t know about the upper floors, but the ground floor felt like it had people living for a long time. It’s not neat or clean, no...but it felt homely. And weirdly I felt like I have seen this kind of place before…

...no way, it looks really similar to my dreams!

And thinking about it, even his choice of clothes seemed unusual for a royal. It may look weird for others but for me...it seemed normal.

I wanted to inquire about these to Arthur, but as of now what William has to say is more important.

“I love Catherine.”

I was dumbfounded. 

What does he mean he loves Her Highness Catherine?! What about Lily?!

I asked him about my growing fears, and just before his answer, my father dragged Arthur away.

I don’t care...you continue.

Understanding my urge, William hurriedly continues to spew out sentences.

“Umm...Fiona. Ri...Right. I don’t love Lily. I don’t have the slightest care about her. Whom I truly love is Catherin, Alex’s sister.”, William said so while sweating buckets.

No...No way! Ho..How?!? Was the dream wrong?! You were the one to send assassins to kill me!! 

“Your Highness, Elaborate.”, seeing my inability to speak, Hazel more or less ordered William to speak in a very...very cold tone.

“Of...of course. We both met up when Alex’s family came over to Zemira. I was first attracted to her weird quirk of being highly active. And before I knew it...we both would always find ourselves together. The way how she denies to eat spicy food, or how she carries herself with confidence…”, realizing that he was boasting about his love, “Ahem... I knew that my life would be filled with joy if she were to be near me, but…”

“Your engagement with Fiona was decided so soon that you were not given any time to act.”, Hazel finished William’s sentence.

“Yes. I couldn’t raise my voice during those days. Whether it was my immaturity or my lack of confidence, I do not know. But what I do know is that I spoiled your childhood, and for that, I truly apologize, Lady Fiona”

Saying so William stood up and did a 90-degree bow towards me. A member of the Royal Family...not to mention, the Crown Prince himself lowered his head. It should be a situation that causes great chaos.

But I have no interest in such trivial matter.

“So...you never loved Li...Lily?”

I was able to feel myself stagger, strength slowly started leaving my body. And my mind just couldn’t comprehend what’s happening.

“No...I never like her. If anything, she was annoying. Always clinging to me, I couldn’t punish her because of my status. So, I used her for my plans.”

Used her? You also used me...didn’t you??

I slowly stood up, got close to William and the people were already able to notice the difference in temperature.

If...if what he says is true...if he doesn’t love Lily...then haven’t I wasted my life? I...because of my own fear...because of the scenes the dreams showed me...I wasted my own childhood!! Living in fear...has already become a day-to-day schedule...but for what?? For him to say that I have been used?! No...I don’t...I DON’T WANT TO LIVE LIKE THIS!!!

*FWOOSHH*

The sight of Fiona being the center of a blizzard caused great confusion between Alex and William. Hazel on the other hand seemed like she was used to this.

A spirit?! No...but Pita says Fiona has no spirit. Then how?!?

“Lady Fiona, please calm down. Le...let’s talk things out.”

“Talk things out? Get this inside the thick head of yours, William. People are not toys for you to move, we too have emotions. Not only did I have to go through the Empress’s education, but I also had to face the constant harassment placed upon me by your fellow fans.”

“Bu...But you never retaliated!”, the sudden change in tone Fiona had caused William to go out of track.

The blizzard in the room started to move faster, the windows started to ice up, and Sebastian covered himself with a blanket nearby.

“I never retaliated because if I did, I would be just proving that the title you gave me was true. But…”

“But?”

“Now, I have a strong urge to follow the words others have placed upon me.”

“Wh...what do you mean by that, Lady Fiona?”, Alex who had already put up a barrier around him and Hazel asked in a concerning tone.

“A Villainess!! Of course, I will be the villainess you wished for me to, William!”, Fiona said while gracefully bowing.

“Uwah...she snapped. It’s been quite a while since this happened.”, Hazel murmured to herself.

“Fi...Lady Fiona, I truly apologize for my insensitivity. But please…”

“Please what? I had to live in constant fear, not that you would understand...but for you to cast me away despite knowing my situation, wonderful..you showed me how a noble...no a royal has to be! Now let me, Fiona Hastings known as the worst Villainess show you what she is capable of.”

“Lady Fiona?!”, William unknowingly tried to back away when Fiona inched closer.

“This is my first action as a villainess...FOR SPOILING MY LIFE!!”

*SLAP*

After I slapped William, minutes ran by in silence and I noticed that the building has completely frozen.

Oh, I did it...I used the power that carved a road to the guillotine in my dreams. A mysterious power that lets me control ice alone, I was dumbfounded when I learned about this in my dreams. 

I never wanted to use this in public. What if it leads me to death? Such fear placed a firm lock on this power of mine. But now? With the way how things are, I would be an idiot to not use it. 

“Jus...Just what the hell are you doing?!?!?”, I was able to hear Arthur’s voice outside the building.

“Fiona? Are you alright?!”, Father looked at me with a worried expression.

Ah...stop. Not now...not like this. I might cry if this goes on. I am at the height of my ability to control my emotions. Anymore, then it will be akin to opening an overflowed dam.

Unknowingly I raised the output of magic, the blizzard started moving even faster. Shards of ice started forming around my body. If William gets any closer, he would very well be impaled by them.

“Fiona!! Stop it!! Let us come closer!!”

I was able to hear father call out to me but…

I am sorry father...because someone used me...no because I was used because of naivety, I caused you a lot of problems. I will never be naive again!! I will make everyone who looked down upon me, kneel and beg for their life!! 

“ *sigh*...Stop it, Fiona.”

*WOOSHH*

Saying so Arthur easily broke in through the blizzard having his right hand forward. Sheets of ice formed on his body only to be melted as fast they generated. With white steam raising all over his body he caught my hand and…

*SIZZLE* *SIZZLE*

“...Yes, you are unexpectedly strong. But remember, Alex and William can take you down in an instant. So please, calm down and use that head of yours which teased me that day.”

I knew...I knew that they are strong. But I at least hoped that my power could hurt him a little. Looking closely, Alex didn’t have a hard time keeping his barrier up. And William...though he didn’t have a barrier up, despite the little streaks of blood around his body...he seemed perfectly fine.

Haah...then what can I do?! What can I do to make him pay for my life?!? 

“-use that head of yours which teased me that day.”

Right, my forte doesn’t lie in pure power but rather my words and brain. It was not easy to raise Luxica to its current state. 

Yes...Calm down, Fiona. Calm the fuck down.

I slowly removed the blizzard. Alex too put his barrier down. Arthur let go of my hand and looked around his house with a sorrowing expression. Father, came near me and started asking various questions, and as for Hazel, she sat down on the sofa without a change in her expression.

That’s my friend for you!

“Father, I will explain everything to you later. For now, William…”, I looked at the bleeding William still standing opposite to me.

“Yes.”

“We will be annulling the engagement. Of course in a way that is not disadvantageous to me. Please don’t forget to pay the palimony. And I hope that you will convey this message to His Majesty yourself.”

“Of course.”

“Good...and thank you, Arthur. I will be talking to you later about the deal. Oh and Your Highness Alexader, I bid you farewell for now.”

Saying so, I and father left the frozen building and made our way towards our home. Hazel said that she will be leaving on her own. 

“Fiona…”, Father looked at me with a sad expression.

Don’t have that kind of expression...please. You did nothing wrong. It was my own foolishness that led us here.

“Father, could you please arrange a meeting with Marquis Clifford, Count Byron, and Count Capell?”

“Sure, but...are you sure you want to do it right away?”

“Haha~ Of course. This will be my first villainess act that will be made public.

******************************

It has been a week since then. The matter of me slapping William never came to public. After all, if it did...his story about manipulating everyone for his love would also be revealed. 

With how he is known as a kind Prince throughout the Empire, I am confident he wouldn’t want to disrupt that image.

As for Prince Alexander and Arthur, they both moved to their own territories the next day. Hazel and the others too had sent me various letters asking about my well-being.

I haven’t replied to them yet though...hmm...I will do it later.

Me? I am doing perfectly fine. I spent the first two days crying over on how stupid I was. I was convinced that William loved Lily. But I never really made any investigations about it. My mind just accepted it naturally.

Father visited me several times this week, trying to console me. And I missed my mother’s company for the first time. Couldn’t be helped though. She is taking care of the fief while I and my father spend our days here in the capital.

“Your mother is absolutely furious. I think she will be here soon, confronting the Empress.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at this. Imagining my mother arguing with the Empress will be a funny scene. They both have become quite friends over the years. So I hope no war will occur.

I spent the rest of the week enjoying my days. After all, the scythe that could harvest my life finally vanished. Just why shouldn’t I celebrate? 

“Are they not here yet?”, I asked my butler standing next to me.

“I am afraid not, My lady.”

“Those idiots…”

Currently, I am waiting in the Sentience Tower, a restaurant that is famous for the number of business deals made in it. And I have the whole building under my control. The hired people here nothing but my disguised Knights and hired Mercenaries.

Like I said, William. I will not be holding back from now.

“My...My lady! Duchess of Arden, Cosima Arden is here!”

“What?!? What the hell is she doing here?!”

The vast Zemira has various nobles living in them. And the House of Arden is one of the most powerful ones there is. They have power that rivals Hastings. But both our families are…

“My lady, she is up…”

“My my, Little Fiona. Isn’t it manners to rise when someone older than you appear?”. Hearing her voice made me raise.

With such a sly comment, Cosima Arden came into the room. Following her were four more nobles. Marquis Clifford, his son, Count Byron, and Count Capell.

I see...so the goats have sided against the Lion in fear of the wolf.

Cosima sat down gracefully with the four sitting on the sofas behind her.

What a shit show. But this is fine…

“Oh, I didn’t know it was manners to sit before the host of the meeting does. Please forgive me, Lady Cosima. It seems like I haven’t been educated enough.”

“Fufu~~ You sure have your own way with words, Little Fiona. But your attire…”

“Oh...these? These are much better than traditional dresses. I can have Luxica send you a couple for a sample.”

Watching Arthur for a couple of times, I was tempted to wear these dresses. I have already had them made in accordance with my dreams and let me tell you. I love it! Dark blue jeans and a Light blue T-shirt is perfect for me to move around easily. I even had my long hair tied up in a ponytail to not disturb me.

“Ohh! I would love to have it!”

“Ahem…”, Marquis Clifford’s voice broke our conversation.

“Right...I will get to the point. What are you doing here, Lady Cosima? I believe this is a meeting between me and them.”

“Well~ I was invited here by Marquis Clifford.”, daying so she pulled out a written invitation.

This bastard…

“Is that so? Well, it doesn’t matter. I hope that Lady Cosima, being the one with the highest power in this room will take the side with justice.”

“Please cease the worry, little Fiona. I will stay transparent throughout the length of this meeting. But I also swear to not disrupt the meeting in any form.”

“You have my gratitude. Now then, without beating around the bush...Marquis Clifford, Count Byron, and Count Capell. Did you swindle money from Luxica?”

“Hah! Of course not, Lady Fiona!”, Marquis Clifford declared.

Does he really believe that he can get out of this building scratch free?

“Lying won’t get you anywhere. I am willing to give you one final chance due to the history our families have shared over the generations, accept your crimes and I can assure you that your reputation will not be damaged.”

“We have no reason to lie. Do you have any proof?”, Count Byron confronted me.

I was able to see the curious eyes Lady Cosima had over us. 

She is enjoying this.

“As a matter of fact...I do.”, I said while placing the documents I received from Arthur.

I really have to thank him though. He not only managed to free me from the clutches of death but also helped me with Luxica. I guess I will move with all my power for Ellen.

“Th...This is!”, Count Capell accidentally let out a voice.

“Framed. We have been framed, Lady Fiona. Duke Arthur is playing against us!”, Marquis Clifford spoke in a dignified tone.

I have to give it to you though, William. Your acting was top notch. 

“Funny...I never mentioned Duke Arthur. So, why have you mentioned his name, Clifford?”

“Tha...That! Umm...I just heard about your recent meeting with Duke Arthur. But we have been framed, Lady Fiona.”

“Of course, we have been framed!! Please do not listen to the words of a child Duke like Duke Arthur.”

“Our families have been friends for generations! Please do not let the relation break because of the words spoken by a child.”

“Ah...shut that hole of yours, will ya?”

“““““Huh?”””””

All five of the nobles were stupified by the words spoken by the Villainess of the Empire.

“Blah blah blah… are lies the only thing your mouth is capable of?”

“Insolence!! How dare you speak like that-”

“Shut up or I will crush you like the bug you are.”

Marquis Clifford instantly closed his mouth and sat down in disbelief.

“I believe we have a misunderstanding here. You are here as criminals who had the gut to swindle from Luxica. And that document there is the proof. Lady Cosima?”

“It is, this is the real one. None of you here have been framed.”

“Lady Cosima, how can you?!”, Count Byron couldn’t believe the scene that opened in front of him.

“Hmm? What happened, Count~?”

Every noble have their own set of secrets and...

“Welcome to the real high society, Count Byron.”, I said while crossing over my legs.

 



Damn, I am sleepy.

But did you enjoy this chapter??? 

I still think the pacing is a bit off...please do inform me in the comments.

And as for Fiona...she will be like an independent wolf that doesn't need Arthur's support to live. Do you like the current structure for Fiona?

Byeee!!

97