Chapter 43 – The Enforcer of the Sands
881 9 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Taking care of things to my new toy, I mean, cute-pie, no wait! My vehicle, wasn’t so hard. Well, building it wouldn’t be a problem, but choosing the designs? Yeah, that was tough.

 The design I was in doubt using, were between a 1994 GMC Vandura, or a more military one, like the Terradyne Gurkha.

 “If I want speed, I think the Vandura will be better. But if I need sturdiness, I think the Gurkha will be a best option to choose.” Those weren’t my only options, but design wise, they were the least ugly, to me. “I mean, I could make a Gurkha faster, just that it might not be the best.”

 The original Specs weren’t bad. Reaching 130 KMH(or 81 MPH), wasn’t bad, but I would like to having a higher Top Speed. Raubtier, on its top speed, with only me driving, reached close to 200 KMH(125 MPH), and with Suzuki on it too, reached the 150 KMH(or 94 MPH).

 It also didn’t mattered the design, since both would be made out of Mondálium. Yes, I didn’t had much with me right now, that’s why I was deciding on the Design first, and THEN I would search for the materials.

 The top speed could be higher, but I would need cores to do so. I mean, I do have those cores. A-rank Fire core. Simple. But it would add like a rocket like boost to the van, I mean… How can I call this thing?

 “I have a name in mind already.”

 After giving some thought, I finished the project. The design, would be like a Terradyne Gurkha, except with a few things. The original design, had some spots to open and use guns. I took that out, and let it completely smooth on the outside, with a few windows. You could see things from the inside, but not from the outside.

 The original vehicle had 2 doors for the back, right beside the driver and passenger’s seat door, but I took that out, letting only one door, right on the side of the driver’s seat.

 And, while looking through some Scrolls, I found more interesting ones. Like one that could expand the space of a carriage(or in this case, the back side of the vehicle), one that could create a shield around the carriage(like my Odyssey Outfit), and some related to other spells.

 The problem was, I wasn’t able to replicate some of them for some reason. After some time analyzing them, I discovered that I needed a class. They were spells, to be applied to something. I would need skills and classes if I wanted to do it myself.

 Unfortunately, I didn’t had [Space Magic], or something like it. And I couldn’t acquire it for some reason. The scrolls worked different from enchantments by the way. Enchantments, were basically a magic circle(in my case, a HUB), with all of the symbols, letters, and Enchantment description basically on it.

 Scroll Enchantments, let’s call them like that, were very different. You would need to know what is written on the scroll, and you need to transfer that, from the scroll, to the object you would like to enchant. Pretty crazy, right?

 My saving grace, to a degree, was to ask the Sheikh about some mage, or someone, that could use [Space Magic]. While I waited for people to wake up, I started working on another thing… A sword.


 Swords. Various versions. Some big, some small. Some… strange, and so on.

 While I did had some experience with a Katana, I didn’t think it fit with me. It’s nice to forge one, though. But it’s not my style. I don’t know how to put it. The closest thing I can think of, is like a shirt that doesn’t fit you.

 Compare me to Suzuki, for example.

 When we fought that Vampire on the Imperial Capital, she was fast, precise, and graceful. I on the other hand… was not. What’s my style? If it cuts easily, it works. That’s what I think. What? It’s plain stupid? Yeah, I know. But I’m not styled fixed, I’m simply gonna cut through anything, as fast as I can.

 Well, back to the sword design. I’ll be making a Dao sword, or Chinese Broadsword. It’s slightly curved, and I can try making the way I want it to make.

 My previous sword, was basically a Katana. It had what I wanted to put, except that it didn’t lasted. What’s the thing I wanted to put? Simply, a plasma edge. Which didn’t worked, since the blade shattered to pieces, at the end of the fight against that vampire.

 But why a Dao sword, you might ask? Well, I’ll try a series of swords. I’m not a big fan of double-edged swords, like the European swords. But, there’s the Saber. It’s a sword I’m actually leaning to make it. No, not the Calvary ones. I need one, that I can use both one handed, AND two handed.

 I made some sketches first. The blade would be slightly long then the normal one. In total, 80 centimeters(around 32 In) of blade. With a grip around 27 centimeters(around 11 In).

 And after that, I started to think about the plasma edge. There were some swords already at this world, where the edge, could be heated, but not much. The plasma of the blade, needed some tech to work fully. Which… I couldn’t replicate.

 There wasn’t a metal, that could withstand such temperatures. Not Wufril, not even Hihi’irokane were able to withstand. They both melted. I didn’t had anything to build the plasma edge.

 “Wait. I actually do.” I searched through Digi-Storage for it, and found it. “There you are.”

 The thing I brought out? Remember that I visited the Dungeon closest to the Imperial Capital? Now remember that I got a Nodachi? And it was made out of a Fire Dragon’s Tooth?

 Fire Dragons. They are able to, well, surprisingly! Manipulate fire. And their materials, have a good synergy with fire as well. Good thing is, this Nodachi, was able to maintain a higher temperature. Bad thing is, not at the right temperature.

 “Aaaah… Okay… So, if it’s not a Fire Dragon… then it’ll be a lightning one?”

 That was the conclusion I reached. Which wasn’t really THAT much. After all, Lightning IS plasma. But at the same time this made sense and all… Dragons weren’t things easy to come by. Even more so if it was a Lightning.

 “Why do my creations are so hard to create~?”

 Sighing heavily, I walked to the cities Blacksmith. Luckily, there is one here. It was really early at the morning, but it was open already. The Adventurers guild as well, albeit it wasn’t full as I thought it would.

 There wasn’t much to say on the Blacksmith, other than exasperated looks towards me, angry noises, and after showing what I could do, THEN I was able to start making my sword. I wonder why there’s a dwarf here too.

 The Owner was a Nobleman, for how much strange that looked to be. The Nobleman, was the Manager as well. He was at the counter, answering things to a few Adventurers, that arrived just about now. I thought all nobles were extinguished.

 Anyway, that aside, I started making my sword.

 I talked with the Nobleman, asking for a few materials, and of course, I paid for them. The materials I asked for, were Adamantite and charcoal. While making more Adamantite Alloy, the Dwarf asked me what the Alloy was made of. I simply said it was like steel, but instead of Iron, I used Adamantite.

 He asked if he could make use of it, which I said yes. I thought it wouldn’t be a problem, since this was just changing one metal. Which I was wrong… Things would change a lot thanks to that, in the future.

 Anyway, using the Adamantite Alloy, burned through a lot of coal to get it into the right temperature. And even more, since Adamantite is resistant to heat. Meaning, that I had to hammer it very quickly, or else, it would lost heat, and I wouldn’t be able to shape the way I wanted. I had to keep using my left Gauntlet all the time, while making my best to maintain a good temperature.

 Well, after put on the right shape, I took some left material off of the blade, via grinding, and sharpened the edges. After that, I made the grip, out of black wood, and used a cube of Orichalcum to make the guard, pommel, and a small intersection on the middle of the grip.

 With the A-ranked core, I put on the edge of the blade, and focused. You don’t necessarily need to give a name to something created. With a bit of focus, and some Mana poured into it, everything should work. The core melted, falling into the edge of the sword, and it spread across it. The edge on both sides, had now an orange tinge to them.

 “Okay… Let’s see now. I didn’t Scanned the last one, but let’s see this one.”

Adamantite Alloy Chinese Broadsword(Dao) – Flaming Edge
A type of sword, from another world.
Being made out of a strong material, this sword has an impressive cutting capability. With the Fire Core imbued on it, the edge got sharper, and has the capability of igniting itself, amplifying even more its normal capabilities.
Unfortunately, for not being completely compatible, in a few slashes, this blade might shatter. So do keep that in mind.

 “I don’t know what this compatibility thing means, but I’ll be careful. Better reserve this to the fight against that guy.” I used the previous package, or suitcase if you want, storing the blade there, and the package back on my Digi-Storage. “Okay. Now, to buy more materials I go.”

 After finishing that, I gave the Nobleman, the Adamantite Alloy formula. I didn’t had money, so I needed to go to the Adventurer’s Guild first, and sell things.


 Bad timing. Reaaaaally bad timing. The guild was brimming with people. Funny, there wasn’t just adventurers, but merchants too. They were selling some monster parts to the guild, which was strange, since the Merchant’s Guild did the same, so… I don’t know how to interpret that.

 I was getting hungry the more time passed, and I bet that the girls were searching for me, too. Not that it would be a problem… Or would it? After waiting for an hour or so, it was my turn.

 I took everything. Since I didn’t dismantled them yet, I took some monsters bodies out. The guild became silent when the Red Crab appeared. And then, the girl asked me to stop, and took me to the GM’s room.

 “You again.” She sighed, exasperated.

 “Look, it’s not like I wanted to be here.”

 “A Red Crab? Seriously?”

 “Would you believe if I said I also defeated some Khnum’s, Horned Ghost Horses, Sapphire Scorpions, Reaper Ghosts, Basilisks, and a Discharging Mandrill?”

 She looked at me with a poker face. She grabbed her temples, and let out sigh, after sigh.

 “Come with me.”

 She guided me out of the Guild, to a building at the back of it. Reaching there, revealed to be partially a dismantling place, and a warehouse for the monster parts.

 “Take out one by one please.” I did as she asked. “Okay… You weren’t kidding when you said Khnum’s… In plural.”

 “Told you.”

 “Even so, it’s insane. Well, if you ignore some burned parts, it’ll still give you a lot of money… This is the fifth one now. How many did you defeat?”

 “Khnum’s? 7.”

 “Seven? You’re kidding right?” And I took out the last 2. “You weren’t. What’s more?”

 “Around 18 Scorpions, 4 Red Crabs… The Basilisks are really low, since they’re so small. I think only 12 of them.” I looked through Digi-Storage. “Oops. There’s no bodies for the Reaper Ghosts, but it does have a core and orb…”

 “How many?”

 “Not all of them dropped the orb. But I have 21 Cores. Since they’re B-Ranked, I’ll sell them. As for the orbs, only 4. I’ll sell 3.”

 “That’s nice. Some cores for the Relics too. The Sheikh is pestering me about them.”

 “And for the horses now… Okay, I’m sure I defeated more than 20, but there only 18 Cores, and 29 horns. I’ll sell them too. Oh! And there’s one body of them.”

 “That’s rare. It’ll make the alchemists thrilled.” She said relieved, while I nodded, after putting everything out. “You’ll want something from them?”

 “I already took 3 Cores from the Khnum’s, and the core from the Mandrill.” And I put the Mandrill’s body out. “His organ on the back is mine too. You can have everything.”

 “Thank you…” She sighed in relief. “This will really help.”

 “Why you sound so… troubled?”

 “Merchants. And… Pricey things.”

 “Oh! The route from the north!”

 “Yes, the route from the north.”

 She started talking about the merchants coming to the Adventurer’s Guild, instead of the Merchant’s. Selling monster parts here, was more profitable than the Merchant’s. Things were going down in quantity, and the demand of things was high, so prices followed that.

 Of course, when the merchants sold those same items, they would put even more higher prices, so in the end, they received even more profit from it. And, since the Guild was receiving so much Monster parts, they were all of low ranked monsters.

 The Solari Dunes, has a big quantity of Relics and Artifacts around, and while most of them doesn’t work, the ones that do work, do need some way to power them up. After all, no one has a high quantity of mana to power them up, so they can use a Core as a catalyst to power them up.

 “Some of these will be useful. I can’t thank you enough.”

 “You can thank me, by giving me the money, and pointing towards some places where I can buy ores. Such as Mondálium, Adamantite, and Mythril if possible.”

 “Heh! Acts exactly like an adventurer. Follow me”

 Boy! Was I happy. As a way to get some more money, without having people pestering me about it, I also sold a feather from the Desert Titan.

 I would receive already 16 Platinum Coins from all the materials. It would be less, but since I brought so much, the GM put some more. Like, 4 more. Haha. But after I put the feather out, she added more 40 to the mix. These feathers are really good, huh?

 She said that a friend of hers, that worked at some smithy was owning her a few favors, and she already sent a message to him. And he’ll give me some materials to work. Hell yeah! I won’t need to pay anything!


 Gotta say, the materials were a lot. Like, 13 Ingots of Mondálium, 21 Ingots of Adamantite, and 27 of Mythril. Well, the Mondálium ones were slightly larger, from the other 2, like… 20% bigger? So I’m happy as hell.

 “AND NOW I EAT! Since I didn’t ate before.”

 I was back at the room provided to us. I also informed the Sheikh about the Scroll I found, and wanted some help. One of the mages had some experience with [Space Magic], and the mage would appear soon. And while I waited, I would eat.

 I was walking towards the kitchen, when Kasumi and Amara stopped me, and dragged me to our room. They were slightly pissed with me, dunno why. There, the table was full of food. Like, there was Desert Bull’s meat grilled, cooked, with some sauce, on skewers, and other plates too.

 Most of the meat was of Desert Bull, and other 3 plates of meat were some small monsters, such as Desert Viper, and some kind of chicken. Guess what’s the name of the Chicken? Desert Chicken! How creative!

 Anyway, the food was super good. There were some points to get better, but not that bad. The Desert Bull’s meat was the best. Some were tender, some melted in my mouth, some were salty and spicy. But alas, it was pretty good.

 “Hm… Congratulations to the chef who made this… It was delicious.” I say as I clean my mouth.

 “Eheheheh~”

 “Hm?” Lucy scratched her cheek, and chuckled. Wait a second… “You made this, Lucy?”

 “Yes!” She answered, brimming with happiness.

 “Okay. It was a good meal. Thanks.”

 I smiled, and petted her head. Not lying, it was just that good. Lucy got flustered, taking all the dishes she could take and rushing out of the room.

 “Oooookay… What?” Ayla was looking at me with a troubled expression.

 “You wouldn’t understand.” Was what she said.

 “Well, anyways…” I took the clothes for Ayla from the bed, to the table. “Now, I need to finish this. Thanks for not wearing it, yet. Question: Why the sarashi?”

 “Hm? That?” I nodded. “I don’t need to worry about defense that bad. I’m half-Vampire after all. I can take the damage.”

 “Whatever you say.”

 Taking the last S-ranked core, from the Khnum I had unused, I put on top of Ayla’s clothes.

 “What you doing?”

 “Making it perfect. A name… Oh perfect!”

 “I have a bad feeling about this?”

 (You’re not the only one.)

 Both Ayla and Kasumi said. Ignoring them, I poured lots of mana on the clothes, and the core right above it, aaaaand~

 “The Princess’s Moonlight!”

 The clothes shone with a platinum light, illuminating the entire room. Soon, it stopped, revealing the clothes with a slightly vibrant color than before.

 “Seriously?”

 “Awww… Just remember: It was you who designed that. I just added something to it! And also, half of it, it’s what your name means. Good luck though.” I said reaching the door. “I need to finish our transportation means. Do please deliver my coat afterwards.”

 “Wait.” I looked backwards. “Where’s the shoulder protection I asked?”

 “Oh, that. I can’t make it yet. I don’t have floating stones. We might find them on the way to the fortress.”

 And I got out, walking towards the courtyard. There- Seriously? The Sheikh’s was here too? Right. Now he’s gonna ask me what I’ll make, and when everything’s ready, he’ll ask one for himself.

 “I was curious to what would you build, so-” I put my finger up.

 “Just a reminder. I won’t build something like it for you. Not even if you pay me.”

 Walking to the other side of the courtyard, there was a table, which I brought out some materials. All the ingots I got, I brought out. Most of the frame of the vehicle would be made out of a mix between Mondálium, and Adamantite Alloy.

 With the Adamantite out, I took some charcoal there, and prepared the alloy, and finished with +2 more ingots than before.

 “Let’s get this thing done!”


 [Author’s Note: If I say some BS here, and you know about cars, better than me{which I’m sure there will be someone}, do please send me a message. My research on the subject wasn’t THAT good, so I might say some shit around this part. Sorry beforehand]

 The frame, or chassis alone, would be made out of the Adamantite Alloy. For the other parts ON the frame, the ‘running gear’, would be made out of Mythril. Mythril could dissipate heat with no problem at all. While Adamantite had RESISTANCE against heat, Mythril could DISSIPATE with more ease.

 The engine block, was based on the original’s vehicle model, a V8, with the only difference being, of course, the fuel. Originally, it used Diesel, but now, I mounted the entire engine to be powered by my mana. It’ll probably say that I will be the only one that can use it, but I want that any of the girls to be able to use it, too. It might come in handy.

 I won’t enter in much details on the vehicle’s parts, nor the Horsepower of it. It would take too much time to explain that, and there are some things that I don’t understand either. I can replicate thanks to [Technomagic] Sub-Skill: {Mechanical Intuition}, but explaining this? Nope.

 It was a 4×4, even more so on the sand, and with the monsters around, it would come in handy. I made the suspension out of Mythril, with some elasticity to it. After making a small one, I made a test tosee the performance of it. It was able to eliminate the tension with no problem at all.

 By the way, its entire mechanism was made out Mythril. Since, well, the spring transforms the tension into heat, and Mythril’s able to dissipate heat, so it was a good option… Or not… Dunno.

 By the way, I probably– no. I wasn’t following the original vehicle’s design. I was making this part both to be durable, AND comfortable. After all, this vehicle was originally designed to be an armored one, with lots of things related to the police. So… You get the idea.

 Tires were made out of, what did you expected, rubber, but were reinforced, so to not degrade so easily. Gotta say, magic is very useful in these kinda of things. The tension thing was a little bit complicated, especially because this part, I wasn’t following scan’s tips. I was trying to figure it out things myself. And I looked like a kid that never saw something like that before, so you can’t blame me for my curiosity.

 The hull, was completely made out of the remaining Adamantite Alloy(I had 2 ingots left), and ALL of the Mondálium ones. I used them, to get the hull as strong as possible. Funny enough, the weight was less than I thought it would be. And I also added some Vraxa ore too. And added some enchantments to it too. Call me paranoid or anything, I don’t care.

 The original vehicle, had 7’484 Kg(or 16’500 Lbs). This one was slightly less, around 6’957 Kg (or around 15’337 Lbs). Slightly. The entire hull was bullet proof. Yeah, I tested that.

 “Let’s see.”

 I shot with Satz, Schicksal, Strafe, Gemetzel, AND Ravager. Even tested with Zerstörer charges. Zerstörer charges left small dents. Strafe bullet ALMOST pierced. Satz and Schicksal left scratches. Gemetzel only burn a bit. Ravager energy beams made a heavy dent, and a few bullets almost pierced, much like Strafe.

 And the last test, was my Shockwave punch. Charging to the limit of it, I took some distance from the hull, and charged to it. I reached my highest speed, and punched the hull. I felt the recoil(even with the energy sink I installed previously) on my entire body. The hull got a huge dent.

 “Shock!”

 I fell on the ground, and started [Restoration]. I felt my entire body screaming in pain, and my arm numb. Why only the arm got numb? Tsk! Even worse! I should have made these tests not in the hull! BLAST! After a few minutes on the ground, I got up and repaired the hull.

 “Good as new. Ouch.”

 Even with [Restoration], my body was aching a lot. Also, I made the hull a little bit different. The front part, where the driver and passenger seat were, it had a wall right behind the seats. It had a small space there, around 1 meter from the wall to the seats. It was simple, but had a use. It was to create the bigger space on the back of the vehicle.

 “Okay. Ugh! Your turn now.”

 I gave the Scroll to the mage, and a paper with the thing translated. 90% of the scrolls were written in Spirit Language, with the others in Divine or Japanese. Why people made scrolls like those? The Japanese scroll, was to simply have ventilation on clothes. That one that I put on Ayla’s clothes. Good thing I copied that.

 The mage was impressed with the spell, and started working. He failed a couple of times, and by a couple, I mean several times. I had problems with that the first times I was making somethings. Even this vehicle, and Raubtier are good examples.

 The problems I had with Raubtier, was the engine. Its engine was designed for speed only. So it wasn’t that hard to make. I did had problems in converting the things to be powered by mana, and even had to create another frame entirely. What? I never mention that? Of course not! It would be a pain to explain!

 Anyway, nightfall was approaching. The mage still didn’t succeed, and his mana reserves were reaching an end. He took more time than I expected. Approaching the guy, I started transferring some mana to him.

 “What?”

 “Just try it again.”

 I started doubting: Maybe the scroll isn’t very good? Or… Maybe the guy doesn’t have enough mana? Jackpot! That was the problem. The guy didn’t had enough mana, and after I transferred a little bit to him(around 80K), was he able to activate it.

 “What is this?”

 “What? What happened?”

 “I’m seeing lots of things! It- It is this vehicle! What? What do I do?”

 “Oh. The finalization process. Just a sec.”

 I took the Mandrill’s core out. Yeah, I would use it on Strafe, but… Yeah… I didn’t had a good core for this vehicle.

 “Do not. Think about a name. If this thing comes out as you want! You gonna pay. Got it?”

 The mage nodded, and I extended my hand with the Mandrill’s core on it. And remembered the name I thought earlier.

 “How about Vollstrecker? It means Enforcer, or executor for convenience sake.”

 The core broke into pieces, and flew towards the vehicles hull. A blinding light came from it, and I heard the yelp of the mage right beside me. Looking to the guy(PROTECTED SENSES IS OP), he fell to the ground, unconscious.

 When the light faded, a black vehicle, with a purple lightning vinyl was in front of me.

 “Helloooo~ ma beauty~ How are you?”

Heavy Armored Vehicle Vollstrecker
A Vehicle based on the Terradyne Gurkha, of another world.
This vehicle is extremely resistant, against,
well, EVERYTHING.
With its hull made out of Mondálium and Adamantite Alloy, was already resistant, but with the
enchantments added to it, together with the Lightning Core added, this was enhanced a little bit further.
The lightning core gave this vehicle a lightning pattern vinyl, but it isn’t only beautiful, but also fast. The Engine
was enhanced, and, now is capable of reaching the same speeds of its little sister, Raubtier. The turbo can be activated by the user, who, surprisingly is Kenji, to reach the higher speeds. Other people can use it too, but will they be able to power this thing? I mean, there’s not lots of people with more than 100K of mana around...
The back part, was expanded.
Thanks to Space Magic, it now boasts a 15 meters in length, 10 meters in width, and 8 meters in height(49.1 feet in Length/32.8 feet in Width/26.24 feet in Height) inside of it.
That’s quite big. There’s nothing inside of it, yet. Since it was enchanted with Space Magic, the back side is in a different space altogether. It won’t be affected by the bumpiness the Vehicle might face it.
It has space for upgrades in the future.
This is not a- OH WAIT! IT IS! FROM ALL THE RELIFACTS YOU MADE UP UNTIL NOW, THIS IS A MONSTROSITY! CONGRATULATIONS, KENJI-KUN! Also, new skill. – Ziuna, Goddess of Knowledge, who is losing her mind, every time you create something.

 “Success! Oh!”

 I fell, and my consciousness disappeared.

34