Chapter 49 – A New Invention!
840 6 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “I still don’t understand why’d you specifically asked for floating stones, and elemental cores.”

 “Because, reasons. Some really specific reasons.”

 We finish our conversation, with Ayla pouting over what I said, and I was now, with Sirius and Vermivia on another room.

 The room was simply laid out with a table in the middle, and a chair. Nothing much. After relaying some orders to some people, and after some time, they brought some boxes. One was big, and had specifically floating stones. The other boxes, had separated as 5 elements. Ice, Fire, Wind, Water, and Lightning cores.

 “Hunh. Most are all low ranked. There are around 2 to 3 being high ranked.”

 “And what possibly can you make?” – Sirius

 “Oh, and you think I’ll be spilling the beans? If you thought that, you really is an idiot.”

 With my words, Sirius simply sighed, and got silent. Alas, Vermivia still asked.

 “What you’ll do?”

 “Why the curiosity?”

 “Just curious.”

 “Tch! Different from my companions, which by the way are stronger than me, I can’t fight normally. I rely on my weapons.”

 “So, you gonna make one.”

 “One to cover my back. Now, as we agreed upon, here’s your payment, since you need to exchange with humans.”

 In the Vampire city, they don’t buy things, they exchange them. Onis don’t have the least interest on materialistic desires, only in battles. Vampires, prides on having the most beautiful clothes, which, by the way, they are able to exchange, with some merchants who risked their lives coming to this place.

 But, unfortunately, the merchants only accepts coins, jewels, or gems. Normally. But, since the place around these parts has a lot of attacks of monsters, cores, pelts, and other monster parts can be acquired easily.

 “I thank you. We can buy some from the merchants again.”

 “It’s nothing. Oh, and by the way Sirius. Get your little Dark Watches out of the shadows.” As I spoke, Sirius eyes widened in surprise. “Or else, I might kill them by accident.”

 “Yes, I apologize.”

 With that they got out of the room, and I started bringing some ores out.


My new creations, were the drones I had thought after the battle against that Pure Vampire back at the Imperial Capital.

 The Drones.

 They would be able to float, and obey my commands, via a connection to my Scan. For most stupid that it can look, the connection with Scan was… Simple. Why? Mana. Since they’re simple, and small, I can simply connect my Mana to them, and command them as I see fit. Alas, they are more Robotic than magical, so…

 “Since they’re robotic… But it’ll be too long, so, I'm going to shrink to an acronym. Cybernetic Linked Ultra Tactical Combat Helper. Just like the MPD. In short! C.L.U.T.C.H! And since they’ll have a spherical shape… Ehehehe! I already have a one-liner ready to the situation.”

 Anyway! I started making the parts, and mana circuits. Since I had a little bit of Mythril, I made the circuits with that. The base of the Drone, I mean, Drones, would be made out of Adamantite Alloy, coated with Mondálium.

 “Thanks for giving me those too.”

 They left some boxes with the metals in the room. It didn’t had Mythril though, so I worked with the Adamantite, and the small amount of Mondálium they gave me. Only 1 Ingot? Seriously?

 I wouldn’t be able to make Mondálium Drones, but I would be able to make some out of the Adamantite they gave me. Charcoal was something I had already, by the way.

 “Sigh~ I need some kind of base to do this… It wouldn’t be a problem if I build someplace for this kind of thing, would it?”

 While that thought was on my head, I finished the Adamantite Alloy I made. More 10 ingots to me!

 The Drones would fit my hands, around 10 centimeters(3’94 in) in diameter. With the Floating Stones, I made the test of how they work too.

 Floating Stones were mined with 30 centimeters(11’81 in) in length, from one tip to the other. They were the diameter of the handle of a sword, so to hold them, wasn’t a problem.

 The thing is, when I tested what they can lift, I got surprised. As for how bad they are.

 “Are you kidding me?”

 The 30 centimeters crystal, could only lift small objects. And with a little bit of difficulty, just to make things perfect!(sarcasm!)

 By the way, this was its description.

Floating Stones – Poor
Stones that has the ability to float.
When attached to things, it’ll make them float for eternity.
The quality of the Stone, will dictate what it will be able to make it float.
Right now, it can float a wooden chair without a single problem, apart from the stone to break in a few seconds.

But what the next thing said made me grin in happiness.

However, you can fuse them to rise their quality. Keep in mind, that you’ll need a big amount of Mana to do so.

 “Now, we’re talking.”

 My Mana Pool right now, is on 119 thousand, so… I guess I won’t have any problems? Let’s how it goes!


 “I’m beaten.”

 After fusing all the Floating Stones on that box, I’m at another room, where Lucy prepared some food. Never saw these before. What is this?

 “This is a dish I learned on Xerssas! It’s made out of the Desert Bull’s meat, with the cactus fruits, and pads, boiled, and can be eaten!”

 The smell was nice. I read one time online, that some cactus are edible. They’re not the best thing, but they help. It was an interesting combination. Probably because of the fruits. Lucy made the sauce with smashed cactus pads, and extracted the juice from the fruits.

 The appearance of the sauce was strange, since it looked like smashed avocados. But the taste was a sweet and bitter mixed together. And the meat… My god! It made this dish great!

 “Does it have a name?”

 “Uhmmm… If I’m not mistaken, it was called Green Beef.”

 Makes sense, since the beef was literally dipped inside the sauce, and taken out, making it like a parmigiana beef. Except for the cheese.

 I ate 3 steaks. Kasumi ate 1, while Amara ate 5, and… Ayla ate 12. Lucy ate only 1. Where the hell Ayla fits all of that? Don’t forget, Ayla has a thin body. Even if she eat a lot, she doesn’t got weight. By the way, she still retain her hourglass shaped body. Hm? Why Amara and Kasumi… oh! They are jealous of Ayla. Haha!

 The next dish was kinda energetic.

 “What is this?” Ayla glanced at the dish with an awkward face.

 “Oh this? Well, it’s simply a plant! You can eat it raw. I keep snacking this while preparing the food.”

 “Oh, this is Chia.”

 It’s called Royal Chia on this world. But it gives a little bit of energy. It’s not bad, but not THAT good.

 “Hmm… I prefer the Cactus thingy…” – Amara

 (Not a fan.) – Kasumi

Kasumi and Amara looked displeased. But Lucy… Wait, where did she got that notepad?

 “Okay, Kasumi-San and Amara-Chan didn’t liked. So, I’ll need to find something to give them… But what do I use?” She whispered to herself.

 “Well, I’ll be back to work.”

 “When we’re working?” – Ayla

 “Dunno.”

 “Are you serious?” She asked in disbelief.

 I just glanced at her, without saying a word. Got out of there, and would finish the CLUTCH.


 Okay, so… The Floating Stones were Poor, and now are High Quality. In the end, I used up 90% of my Mana, all of that! To create 5 Drones. C’mon… I was expecting at least double that.

 The amount of Spheres I made to create the Drones were 13, but I was able to create only 5 Stones. SHOCK! And you know what’s the best part of the Floating Stones? Poor Quality ones, are the 30 Centimeters right? SO! WHY DA BLAST THE HIGH QUALITY ONES ARE THE SIZE OF AN AA BATTERY?!

 Yeah, they were that size. I’m not gonna complain more, since, well, I was expecting a even bigger crystal, but it did the contrary! It shrink! WHY?!

 Anyway, I finished the circuits, and was now making their weapons. Like I had said before(Chapter 31), the weapons would be on the sides, and they would spin around the drone. No, they would be connected, not floating around of the drone.

 If I made them float around the drone, than it would be better to make a floating Ravager. That’s not a bad idea… Anyway, the small cannons, would be like the old Schicksal.

 For those who do not understand, Schicksal was a weapon that shot energy beams, instead of bullets. Now, thanks to a Relic the Sheikh from Xerssas shown me, Schicksal shoots FMJ bullets.

 For the CLUTCH, they would fire needle like beams, with an extreme capability of piercing. Of course, I would use Lightning Cores. But, of course, the Rank of the cores they gave me, were all of low rank.

 “Where did they found these cores though?” Nether Cloud? “What’s a Hell Cloud? What?”

 The information that appeared… seriously?

Nether Cloud
A monster that comes from the Thanatos Island.
The Nether Cloud’s a monster that is able to use Lightning and Wind magic, to strike down its enemies. It is a problematic monster, especially for warriors, since this monster is an aerial type.
It has the nature of attacking any kind of living being, specifically humanoid ones.
The chances for the core being either Lightning or Wind, is 50-50.

 “Hm… Okay… It would be nice if the monster was of a higher rank… than D.”

 Yeah, the monster was of D-Rank. And there was a lot of D-rank cores. So! Fusion it is! And I expend more time to fuse Cores into an A-Rank+. At least that~ 5 A-Rank+ cores, together with the Floating Stones installed on the Drones, and it was ready to test it out!

 “Okay. Let’s see now.”

 The drones were mounted and on top of the table, and I activated them… Oh yeah, need to finish it.

 “Name is CLUTCH. An acronym for Cybernetic Linked Ultra Tactical Combat Helper.”

 A light-blue light later, and the 5 Drones were already floating above the table. I ordered them around, by using Scan, and my voice, which worked. Let’s Scan them!

Cybernetic Linked Ultra Tactical Combat Helper AKA, The C.L.U.T.C.H.
A Technomagical Drone, made out to support its user.
The CLUTCH, is a batch of Drones, made out for Support.
With the Lightning Cores inside of it, it is capable of produce needle-like bullets, capable of piercing even the toughest of hides(scales).
Since it’s made out of Adamantite Alloy, and coated with Mondálium, its resistance is very high. Slashes, Impacts, and Magic, will not let a dent on it.
They can be commanded by either voice, or by the use of Scan.
Its weapons, have a high fire rate, and can shoot as fast as its Mother, Ravager.
This is a Relifact, of course. Can you ease a bit? It’s making my head spin – Ziuna, Goddess of Knowledge

 “If someone ever call CLUTCH a golem, they’re gonna suffer.”

 “OF COURSE. CLUTCH, SUPERIOR. ENEMIES, INFERIOR.

 “That’s right. Wait, what?”

 I glanced towards the five CLUTCH. Did they just… speak? No way. How??

 “Did you just… spoke?”

 “YES. CLUTCH CAN SPEAK. LIMITED, UNFORTUNATELY.

 “Wow. That’s nice. For now, CLUTCH… Wait. What if I make CLUTCH able to use Cloaking as well?” That would it make it perfect!

 And so, I lost myself in making more Cloaking devices.


 To make the Cloaking devices, I needed Reglite ore. Reglite, is a really rare metal. With it, I can re-create the Cloaking effects of my Odyssey Outfit without much trouble.

 While searching for the metal on the market around(yes, I got out, and started to search), I noticed how bad the situation of the city was.

 For you to get a small notion of things, the market was full of pickpockets, and bandits stealing things around. I was at one of the many stalls, buying something to eat(at least fish here isn’t a problem), and a guy simply grabbed 2 fishes on the stall, and rushed out of there. The reaction of the Stall owner?

 “Well, another fish gone. Whatever.”

 He didn’t even cared! That, was like Vermivia said. People knows that they won’t get any attention if they complain, so they simply decide to not complain, and move on.

 Reglite ore is really hard to find. When I asked, people simply said: why would you want a useless ore? And you might ask: Why they think like that? And the reason is simple. Other than the Cloaking effect, Reglite is pretty much useless.

 The metal is used to make the system of Cloaking, and that’s already strange, but apparently, the metal is very malleable. Almost like Mercury. So, it isn’t very useful when it comes to producing weapons and armors, which the Onis, the main clientele, buys a lot.

 But luckily, I’ve found it. Very little, but I found it nonetheless.

 “You want this? This is useless. Why waste your time?”

 One of the many blacksmiths, which, in this city, they work by parts. Meaning, one Blacksmith works in swords, another in helmets, another into chest plates, and so on, asked me.

 He worked with Transmutation, since it was necessary for most of weapons for the Oni, since whenever they were bored, they would fight with each other on the arena, or fight against some monster or beast.

 “It’ll be useful for something I have in mind.”

 There was about 4 raw ores of Reglite. By the way, let me rephrase it. Reglite isn’t like Mercury, but Gallium. Gallium, is a metal, that with only your touch, yes, like, in your hands, it’ll start to melt. It’s a really nice thing though! Reglite is like that. So, the ores, are stored into small boxes, or glass bottles.

 The size of the ore, is the size of a baseball. Really smol. Anyway, I bought the 4 raw ores for, believe it or not, 5 Silver coins. It was really considered useless. I’m impressed. The function is so blasting good, so why people don’t put the prices high?

 Back at the hideout, because the place IS a hideout, I started making the Cloaking devices.


 With the CLUTCH connected already to me, they automatically have the Cloaking without much problems. I made the devices, and installed on the CLUTCH. They worked like on my Odyssey Outfit. Now I can use these to scout ahead of me. Nice!

 But separate devices? Like the ones I wanted to give the girls? Yeah, it wasn’t like that.

 First of all, the devices had a limit of 30 seconds. In that small window of time, they wouldn’t be spotted by anything. And when I mean, anything, I mean, anything at all.

 I tested that with the Sirius guy, and he was surprised to find me out right besides him. And he maintains his shadow power activated most of the time. So it was quite funny seeing his face like that.

 Those, were the basic Cloaking Devices, though. I could upgrade them even further, but I would need one little thing that I had very little of it: Liquid Mana.

 I had only that bottle I’d found on the dungeon while searching for the Relics the Sheikh asked me. With the small amount of 500ML, I could upgrade 1 of the Devices.

 “Alright! Y’all, the devices are ready.”

 “Finally, I can help with something.” – Suzuki

 The girls got around me, and I put the 5 devices on the table. I made 2 smaller ones for Amara and Kasumi, since they’ll be on their small forms. Since they can fit in some places that neither Lucy, Suzuki nor Ayla would fit, this was a good thing.

 The other 3 devices, would be basically on their arms. They would fit on their forearms, and would work with the press of a button. Unfortunately, due to my lack of resources, I wasn’t able to make it smaller. I wanted to make it like a wristband or something, but… couldn’t.

 “What these will do?” – Ayla

 “They’ll make you completely undetectable for 30 seconds.” Sirius and Vermivia had wide eyes towards me. “You 5 will scout the 5 places we talked about, searching for any kind of suspicious activity. If you can enter those places, go ahead. But careful, the moment the device goes off, you can be detected.”

 “Can we use it right after the effect ends?” – Suzuki

 “Unfortunately, no.” That was the main fault, but… “But, I was able to make it so you can use after 12 seconds when the Cloaking deactivates themselves. Here, use this too.”

 “Earbuds?” – Suzuki

 “Kinda. They’re nothing much though. When the Cloaking devices are close to deactivating, you gonna hear a sound from these earbuds. I’m gonna try to make some kind of radio or something later. They’ll be useful. Also, when the Cloaking devices are ready to be activated again, you will also hear a specific sound. One for you to prepare to hide, and one for when you can activate the device again.”

 “You really thinks on everything, huh?” – Suzuki

 “I prepare the best way I can.”

 “Why the 5 locations? Isn’t one of the gates plain in sight?” – Ayla

 “Oh yeah, no Shit Sherlock. I wasn’t able to notice.” Albeit she didn’t understood the Shit Sherlock, she understood that it was an offense. “That thing basically screams: C’mon, fall into my trap. And since someone didn’t wanted to hear my plan when we arrived here, this someone will go there.”

 That was why she was pissed. I would sent her to the gate that was plain in sight. After explaining a bit more of the devices, they all got out to start their work.

 And right after that, Vermivia started talking about one little thing. Naomi’s situation.

 “So you asking me, if I can let Naomi-san stay here?”

 “Yes.”

 “Do I look an idiot? If she decided that, I wouldn’t complain at all.” I turned my eyes to Sirius. “But no. She was kidnapped, and is being forced to marry someone she never saw on her entire life. So no, Vermivia-san. I won’t let her here.”

 “I can assure you. I can make her happy.”

 “Are you deaf?” Look at the audacity of this… “Like I said. If SHE! Decided that, out of her own volition, I wouldn’t care. But no. You kidnapped her, and is forcing her to follow what you want. So no, Sirius. I won’t let her here.”

 “Very well.” He squinted his eyes, and said that. Afterwards, he disappeared on his shadows.

 “I’ll kill him.”

 “WHAT?! That’s unnecessary!”

 “He’ll get in my way. And. He’s gonna betray you.”

 “How are you so sure about that?”

 “His eyes. The only reason he’s on your side, was because you promised him that he could have Naomi-san as his wife. But now that he won’t be able to have that…”

 “He’s gonna simply help my father? That’s insane.”

 “Some people will only agree to someone’s deal, only if such deal is good for them. He only helped you up until now, because he saw that your deal was better than staying on your father’s side. Now that he won’t be able to have Naomi-san, he won’t be staying by your side anymore.”

 “Don’t kill him.”

 “Okay.”

 “What? That easy?” She asked with a sliver of hope. And of course, I crushed right after.

 “But only if he doesn’t want to kill me first.”

 Her eyes dropped like a puppy that was completely ignored.

 “Now if you excuse me, I have a few things to do.”

 What would I do? Rest.

 Albeit I had the Exhaustion Immunity skill, it doesn’t mean I can’t be tired. And that’s why I don’t understand the skill. It is supposed to nullify any kind of tiredness, be it Mental, Physical, Mana I don’t know if it’s possible, but whatever. So why I get tired sometimes?

 So, I simply walked to the room given to me, and fell asleep right after. It’s funny that I simply took out my shoes, and when I just touched my head on the pillow, my mind traveled to the world of dreams. Meh!


 “So, they’re together with my other daughter, huh?”

 “I can’t believe that little shit would be going against you. Sigh~ How can a daughter be so useless?”

 One voice was of curiosity but stern, the other was a seductive, but displeased one.

 These 2, were Victor and Radreiale. Right after Kenji stated that Sirius won’t be having Naomi as he wanted, he instantly traveled to Victor’s throne room, and spilled the beams to him. Speaking of every single detail he had found.

 “But a device that can hide their presence? Remarkable.” – Victor

 “Dear. It’s only for 30 seconds.” – Radreiale

 “Radreiale. It is 30 seconds. 30 seconds, and the person is undetectable for any kind of detection. That boy has really remarkable skills.” – Victor

 “Maybe is related to his Bloodline?” – Radreiale

 “Bloodline? But isn’t that boy from another world?” – Sirius

 “That is the most curious thing about him, Sirius. How can someone, of another world, simply have a Bloodline, that is related to the citizens of this world? I felt his bloodline that day, and… I’m honestly baffled.”

 “Why, My lord?”

 “Sigh… His bloodline, isn’t related to battle. But to creation.”

 “Creation, dear?”

 “Yes. He can create these, what did he called, Sirius?”

 “I tried to Appraisal, but only received a few words. But it was called, Relifacts.”

 “These, Relifacts. It’s funny. The combination of 2 words. Haha! But anyway. Didn’t you noticed? He can create things that defy the logic of the world.”

 “You kept saying that if it was related to battle, you would be simply invincible. What you meant by that?”

 “Oh, Radreiale. His Bloodlines, is a mix of 2. The Bloodline of Chaos, capable of using magic beyond understanding. Albeit he can’t use it, by the looks of it.”

 “And the second one?”

 “The Order of course. Imagine that. He has the ability to break the balance with his creations! Although he needs to create them. He won’t be able to do that, anymore.”

 “So, what’s your plan, dear?”

 “Let them think they have the upper hand. Or that they can defeat me. I won’t lose. Even if all the predictions said so.”

 “I love that side of yours.”

 Seeing the two of them starting to get all lovey-dovey, Sirius simply bowed, and got out of the room. 

 “If I can’t have you the easy way. I’ll have you the hard way.”

Wait. A DOUBLE BLOODLINE?! Yeah... What? Did you honestly thought that Kenji could simply make any kind of weapon or device, just like that? Also, his 180° personality switching is due to the dual bloodline too.

Sometimes he's a nice guy, sometimes he'll want to rip the head of his enemies. And that will be further explored more ahead. 

Last thing, next chapter, it probably won't have Kenji in it. He'll be asleep, and we'll be able to see the girls fighting! And the chapter might not come out in the correct day, so I apologize in advance. Or... It might come out, but small chapters. Like, Chapter 50.1, .2 and so on. They'll be smaller of course.

Alas, thanks for the reading~

25