Chapter 53 – A Knight’s Despair
313 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Notice any error? Comment pls. Have a good read.

 As Kenji got out of the second location, his Zerstörer charges exploded. And the gate itself, that he had tested before, exploded as well.

 In the middle of the city, where the fortress was located, Victor who was calmly drinking another glass of blood, spat out everything in front of him, dirtying his own attire in the process. His face contorted in surprise, and mainly, in anger.

 “IMPOSSIBLE!” Shouting that, he proceeded to break the glass in his hands. “THAT CANNOT BE! HOW! HE WAS ABLE TO DO THAT!”

 He could not believe it. The gates were built with a meteorite, that my brothers blessed. Nothing of this world should have been able to destroy it!

 Victor’s brothers, the 2 gods of 2 other Countries in this continent, were Naglan and Dhorasil. With the instruction of their father, they all united together to help built these gates, around 10 years ago, as a manner to gather power so that Victor would be able to fight Goldguard. According to the 2 gods, the Rock used to build those gates, were resistant to anything of THIS world. 

 “Sirius. Send some men to both of the other 2 locations. Immediately.”

 “What about Mrs. Radreiale’s location?

 “Let her be.”

 “Understood.

 “You won’t succeed. I won’t allow it!”


 “Fuck! These guys really like to get in my way!”

 “GET HIIIIIIIM!”

 “AAAAAAH!”

 “AAAAAAH! PUT A SOCK ON IT!” - Kenji

 As more groups of Onis advanced towards him, Kenji’s patience dropped almost instantly. Because not only were they shouting out to each other, even when going to attack him, they would scream with an AAAAAAH! Reminding Kenji of a fairly old game he played a few months before coming to this world.

 With one location done for, and the other ready to explode, Kenji was now at the one where he sent Kasumi to check out. There weren’t a lot of security on this specific one, however, which led Kenji to rise his guard even more.

 “You know what? I need to finish this quickly. If that bitch is gonna appear, she’s gonna make the battle harder than it would already be. So let’s get this thing done.”

 Jumping off from the top of a building, Kenji landed, and rolled right in the middle of the 2 guards on the door, hitting one with his elbow on his stomach, and hit the man again with the back of his closed hand.

 The second guard tried to act, but got punched in the stomach and sent to the wall on Kenji’s left side.

 “I didn’t charge that much, though.”

 Brushing that off, Kenji got up, patted the dust off, and kicked the door. Activating his Agility Mode, he grabbed his handguns, and shot around the room, taking down some thugs there. Some avoided the bullets, and tried to approach Kenji, to which he answered by elbowing one, smashing another with Schicksal(left hand), kicking the first one away, and round housing kick the last one.

 “Why try?” He shot each of them. “You’re already dead. But how did they- Oh. This.”

 Surprised how these men evaded the shots, Kenji would pry into it, but soon, found a small mirror on one of the men, to which he looked into the other 2. 

 “Yep. All 3 have these… It’s broken now. Hmmmmm…”

 Using his Scanner on it, he found out that these things could be useful in the future.

 ► Mirror of the Swindler - (Broken)
A mirror forged with a special method.
It creates an afterimage of the user.
The afterimage will disappear after ANY hit it takes, making it almost a useless piece of Magitek.
The best way to use it, it’s up to the user.
Created and Trademarked by Vortex Engineers.
The act of tampering with this piece of equipment can lead to a severe fine.
Please contact the Free-State of Vortex, for any doubts, according to the package’s box.

 There was a very badly explanation of the device, and also a very well-made explanation of how you would be screwed if you tampered with this device.

 “I can grab a broken mirror and make something that would at least work almost 100 times before it breaks. What the fuck is this, then? Should be called the Mirror of the Trash.” Kenji complained, but also noticed something specific. “Magitek, huh?”

 It was on his Technomagic Skill he has. One that he had yet to touch.

 “Well, let’s keep moving… I’ll look into this after I finish this whole ordeal.”

 Descending the passage on the floor, Kenji faced more men, but these were just street thugs, like before. Finishing them off, Kenji reached a badly maintained cave, with cracks all around, and small stones falling here and there from these cracks.

 “If I use my shockwave, or anything related to explosives, this place is gonna cave in. Great.”

 Looking ahead of him, his left eye warned him of something strange. It was twinkling, in the middle of the completely black corridor ahead of him. Kenji squinted his eyes, and he was about to take out of his Digi-Storage the visor he uses when riding Fujin, but before he could put the visor, the twinkling’s shone more than before, and the next thing that happened, Kenji simply activated his mask…

 TSINK! 

 “Argh!”

 It was an arrow. Kenji activated his Agility Mode mask just to make sure to avoid anything that would come, and just as he did that, the arrow hit his mask full force, which made him twist his body, and also feel his mouth jaw change place slightly.

 “Fuck! I see now. These are knights.”

 As he turned around to look to the corridor, Kenji saw more 4 knights, one with a bow knocking another arrow on it, another one reading to trow a spear(changed this from a scythe to spear, also made the slight change on the previous chapter 50.1 as well).

 There are 2 others, according to Kasumi and Ayla. They were trained by her mother, if her words are corr- Woah! The arrow flew by as Kenji was speaking to himself, and he avoided rapidly. I didn’t see it. What was that?!

 In position to fight, Kenji activated his shield on his left arm, and his blade on his right arm. This is gonna be tough. I don’t know how to fight with this shield.

 And it really was. The knights were coordinated, almost making Kenji’s life harder than what already was. 

 The first to attack was the Spearman, basically rushing against Kenji. His answer to that, was to simply step to his right, putting the shield up to protect for any surprise the Spearman would do. However, right as the Spearman passed Kenji, the Mace Knight jumped and tried to smash Kenji.

 He avoided another attack by tumbling towards the other knights, and put his shield up to the Flail that came in his direction. But Kenji felt what it was having lower strength than his opponent, and was launched backwards.

 Kenji retrieved his blade and shield, rapidly using the momentum to avoid a mace that came as he slid through the floor, by putting his hands on the floor, and turning his body fully, kicking the Spearman and the other Knight away.

 Landing, Kenji pulled his head to the left, as an arrow just scratched his mask. Wide-eyed, Kenji passed the finger through the part where the arrow JUST scratched, finding a small dent on it. What the fuuuuuuuck?

 “Coordination is a bummer, isn’t it?”

 The 3 knights, using the flail, mace and spear were almost killing Kenji, within just a few seconds of what it can be called, a battle. More like ass whooping… it’s just been, what? Less than 30 seconds?

 “Fighting like a knight isn’t my forte. I thought of going against you guys like that. My bad.”

 “We do not… need your courtesy.

 “Oh! You guys can speak?! *Gasp!*

 “You… mock us!?

 “Yeah? I mean, that’s my job.” Kenji glanced around, using his scanner to see how much the walls would take before caving in. “Well, this will be enough, I think.”

 “Your choice… stay, and die… or… go… away, and… live.

 “Apologies, gentlemen. I can’t get out of here without destroying that gate… Victor dies. Today.”

 “Dying… it is!

 The Spearman shouted and advanced, and Kenji simply pulled his left arm to his right side, activating the shield, and brandished towards the Spearman. Would you look at that?

 As he was on the start of the motion, the Knight with the sword and shield moved to the front of the Marksman, and brought his shield up. Fly away~

 The Spearman couldn’t reach the shield before coming close to it. He felt an intense force pushing him away, and hitting the wall, and the ground right after.

 The Mace Knight was holding onto the bridge, and the Flail one… was nowhere to be seen. Or was it, because Kenji looked up, seeing the Flail Knight inside the wall, right above the passage ahead.

 As for the Sword and shield Knight, and the Marksman, they were intact. If that could be considered intact.

 “Hunh… So you guys… are basically undead now.”

 The Knightly armor hid pretty well their bodies, being completely black, and with very small gaps to show their skin. However, the Kinetic force from the shield took the helmets off, and part of the armor broke, revealing Skeletons, with barely some flesh in them.

 “We… rescue… Princess. Need to…

 Their words are starting to get jumbled now. “Not my issue. Besides, she’s already saved. Like these.”

 Kenji took out from his Digi-Storage, a pair of Handles, the Tsuka, of the Katana and Wakizashi that Ayla used before.

 “Our lady… swords… Where…!

 I should not have done that. “Fucking hell…”

 The knight with a sword abandoned his shield, holding his sword with his 2 hands, and put it right in front of his face. Kenji took some steps ahead, and grabbed Satz, pointed towards the Knight with the Mace that was about to get up on the bridge again.

 “Rest in pieces.” He shot the skeleton’s head, and also pointed towards the Flail Knight on the wall, shooting it as well. “Also in peace.”

 Putting Satz back on its holster, Kenji took a fighting stance, and the knight with the sword advanced towards him. He’s fast. An overhead slash came towards Kenji, followed by a horizontal slash, and a vertical slash right after.

 Kenji avoided the 3, but the Knight was not stopping with his flurry of attacks, following that last slash, and kept pressuring Kenji more and more. This won’t take long. 

 Kenji’s attention shifted when the Sword Knight came towards him in a piercing stance. His focus wasn’t on this Knight, but on the Spearman that was coming right behind of him. It won’t pierce, but it’ll hurt.

 Kenji avoided the Sword, and with a palm charged shockwave strike, broke the sword. And the Spearman pierced the Sword Knight, hitting Kenji right on the stomach, launching him a little ways away.

 “Argh!”

 Landing on the floor, Kenji did the same motion from before, placing his hands backwards, and got up on his feet, but crouched holding his stomach.

 “Cough! Cough! That hurts!” How did that hurt? As he looked to the 2 skeletons, he had a small cylindrical button on his left hand. “And so will this. Rest forever.”

 Click! KABOOOM!

 What Kenji did, was right as the spearhead was about to pierce the sword Knight, he put all his mana on his stomach area, not knowing where exactly the spear would hit him. But just as the spearhead hit him, he stuck a Zerstörer charge to the spear. And just now, he blew it up.

 “Alright.”

 Grabbing Satz and Schicksal, he started shooting through the smoke that formed, in hopes to hit the last Knight. Kenji stopped shooting suddenly and brought his shield up. Fuck!

 A strong arrow came out right after, hitting the shield and started pushing Kenji backwards. The impact on the shield created a strong shockwave, shaking the entire passageway. If I don’t pass now, I won’t be able to grab the gate.

 “Ah, screw this!”

 Stepping to his right, Kenji allowed the arrow to pass, and rushed ahead. Passing through the smoke, Kenji found the skeleton with no legs, preparing another arrow, to which he stopped by shooting on its head.

 Right as he landed Kenji brought Raubtier out, and started it. At fucking least the passage has space. Rushing through the corridor, he could only listen and sometimes glance at the rearview mirror, to see the cave falling from top to bottom.

 “A TURN!? SERIOUSLY?!”

 Activating the small blades on Raubtier, Kenji literally did one thing that he only saw on some games. Wall Ride. Never thought I would be able to do this. Back on the floor, Kenji rushed more through the passageway, until reaching a clearing ahead.

 “FINALLY!” He had to do a maneuver with a jump, landing with Raubtier right close to the Nether-Gate. “Thought it would never end.”

 Storing Raubtier and the visor away, he glanced at the cave and the gate. Same as the others, except for the 2 skeleton knights on each pillar.

 “We congratulate…

 “You for reaching…

 “So long… now…

 “DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!

 Kenji didn’t even wait for them to come closer, simply using his shockwaves to throw the 2 knights away.

 “I don’t have time for you 2. There are other… 2 gates for me to take care of.”

 One of the knights lost its arm, but the other one… Kenji was more aware of it. Grabbing Satz, he shot the Dagger user Knight’s head, and grabbed Schicksal, and discharged all he could on the Swordsman knight. Never thought I would see it.

 Yes, Kenji was impressed. Because he saw the impossible, goofy, and kinda cool: Using a sword to deflect Bullets, move. 

 The knight moved faster, slashing horizontally at Kenji, to which he responded by ducking, and punched the Skeleton Knight’s left flank, who was launched a little ways away. 

 The knight landed on his feet and moved his head towards Kenji, who put his right hand up, grabbing Satz, that he had tossed above him, to punch the knight. Urgh! What’s that armor made of?!

 Putting away the 2 handguns, Kenji cracked the fingers on his right hand, shaking it, and glanced at the knight. Assuming a position to fight, Kenji activated his Agility Mode, and both of them rushed towards each other.

 Another overhead slash from the Knight, while Kenji used his Shockwave on his left hand, hitting the blade with a palm strike. With the advantage on the trade of blows, Kenji advanced forward, with his hand opened, like a spear blade and tried hitting the Knight, to which he used his armor to defend for himself.

 Kenji had thought at that moment: Easy! To which he regretted after. 

 The armor wasn’t JUST a piece of armor. It had a reflection enchantment, to which the piercing hit that Kenji tried to use, was not only ineffective, the reflection enchantment made the impact return 2x stronger than what he just did, and once again, even though he had Pain Nullity, he felt that hit on his entire arm, ang grunted in pain.

 “Guh! Gah!”

 And the knight, who left him to hit the armor, instead of cutting Kenji, simply kicked him away. Kenji rolled on the ground and got up from the kick. He was holding his arm, while the Knight touched the area of the armor that Kenji had hit.

 Chips of the armor were now in his hands. He seemed disappointed, and glanced at Kenji. He was rolling his shoulder to see if the pain would pass. Shit. That armor will be a pain in the ass. But the chips, shows that it can break. Good thing I used a shockwave with that… cept the part where I almost blasted my own arm away, though.

 Assuming the same position as before, which was of his right arm right besides his head, and his left hand below, in front of his chest, he advanced again, this time aiming for the head, to which the Knight parried with his sword, and tried a vertical upwards slash at Kenji.

 However, Kenji used his left foot, and kicked the blade, making the Knight surprised, and used the momentum, since he lost his equilibrium, to punch with his left hand, also with a slightly charged shockwave, aimed at the Knight’s face.

 And a direct hit!

 Kenji fell, and rolled away. Getting up, he glanced at his boot. You gotta be kidding me. The boot, which had a plate of metal on the sole, had a blade mark on it. My equipment… ain’t gonna survive this whole ordeal, huh?

 “Note to self: Remember to make much better equipment.” Looking ahead of him, Kenji had noticed that the Knight was still standing. “You’re a tough nut to crack, huh?”

 The knight was with his helmet on yet, but now, that helmet was distorted, and if Kenji suspicious were to be true, this guy was also an undead. 

 The Knight confirmed Kenji’s suspicious, by literally taking the head out of its body. Boy oh boy. That’s a Dullahan.

 The Headless Knight! The Blue Torched Neck!(Nickname by Kenji, Trademark in process) The Knight of Death. The Dullahan.

 “I abhor this form. I would have liked to meet my princess without being in this form.

 He said. To which Kenji replied…

 “Yeah, yeah, all that jazz. I don’t care. Your little princess is safe. You just don’t want to believe she is.”

 “I will not trust your words.

 “Ha!”

 “What is so funny?

 Kenji started laughing, when the word Trust, came out of the Dullahan’s… flaming head. 

 “Trust, huh?” Kenji spoke with disdain. “You say that, but you put your trust in Victor’s words, when he said that you would be able to see your princess, after protecting this gate. Of course, I would laugh at that!”

 “You, are a despicable, opponent.

 “You don’t say?” Kenji answered. “You don’t trust someone that has your princess safe, but you actually trust the person who, not only killed your mistress, but also trapped its own daughter. Well… your duties as a Knight are over. C.L.U.T.C.H. Activate.”

 To his last words, the Knight flinched, and then, Kenji called for his new creation.

 C.L.U.T.C.H. Which stands for Cybernetic Linked Ultra Tactical Combat Helper. In other words, a gun robot, that can float around, and shoots energy needle-like bullets ahead of it. 

 “CLUTCH HAS BEEN CALLED. DESIGNATE TARGET.

 “That idiot. Let’s take him down, I have a party to attend to.”

 “UNDERSTOOD.”

 After coming out, the 5 small drones, bigger than a human’s hand, floated around Kenji. And when Kenji rushed ahead towards the Knight, the five drones followed suit.

 “You will fail.

 “WE’LL SEE ABOUT THAT!”


 This… cannot be.

 I have the duty to rescue my princess… She’s the last hope for this wretched life… corrupted by the Vampire Lord.

 We have been in this form for more than 100 years… My men, are dead… And I am the last one…

 The knight looked at the boy, no, the man in front of him.

 Even though the man was fighting in a dirty way, with weird capabilities on his hands, and a weird hand-to-hand combat, that he have never seen before.

 Sure, the man was having difficulties to fight with the Knight, being a swordsman with experience. Not only that, but the Undead Physiology also helped, making the man having difficulties in the fight.

 Then why… why do I feel this strange energy from him? It’s the energy of the princess… I know… because I met her…

 Remembering the time when he was still a human, the Knight reminisced about the time when his Mistress, presented her daughter. Another Oni, but very small, glancing at him from behind her mother.

 With 2 thin small horns, smaller than his pinky finger, being a red tint on the tips. The little Oni also had a black and lustrous hair, different from her mother, that had a completely red hair, the little Oni had only the tips of it in red. 

 “Hey *&%$#@! This is my daughter! Her name’s Ayla! Ain’t she a cutie~” (The weird symbols, is because the knight can’t remember his name anymore)

 The knight had in his mind what his Mistress said.

 “Your duty!”

 “Pardon?”

 “I mean, I know she’ll be stronger than you guys, but until that time comes! Protect her! You hear me!? Or else I’m gonna come back and beat up all of your asses! Prepare for a beatdown~”

 “I… I understand, my Lady. But please… Refrain from saying that you’ll be gone… Please.”

 We all knew… she would be gone… But I couldn’t protect the Young Lady… I’m sorry… My Lady.

 His helmet was contorted by the weird capabilities on the man’s hands, and took his helmet, his head, off.

 I do not like… this form… But… I’ll do anything to save my lady!

 “I will not trust your words.

 “Ha!”

 “What is so funny?

 You laugh at my resolution?!

 “Trust, huh?” The man spoke in disdain. “You say that, but you put your trust in Victor’s words, when he said that you would be able to see your princess, after protecting this gate. Of course, I would laugh at that!”

 I… cannot refute his words… The only thing that came out of my soul…

 “You, are a despicable, opponent.

 “You don’t say?”

 I give no heed to the rest of his words, except the part where he says… that my duties as a knight are over. 

 What are those? These floating balls… 

 “You will fail.

 “WE’LL SEE ABOUT THAT!”

 Why… why do you keep fighting? You are in disadvantage! 

 Rushing towards the Knight, the man’s devices floated away from him, and energy needles were shot from these devices at the knight. 

 He paid no heed to them in the beginning, aiming at the man in front of him. The knight swung his sword horizontally, and the man slid below it, kicking the knight’s foot, making him fall.

 The knight got up as fast as possible, glancing behind him, where he saw the man rushing at him again. You will lose… Even that other hero, failed as well.

 A previous hero. That also fought against the Vampire Lord. Tried, at least. He heard from the streets that the catacombs had something to hide, and entered one of them, the same where they are right now, and saw the gate. And he also fought the Knight.

 He lost, however. He couldn’t even complete the mission he had received, which was to discover what kind of thing was going on in the Vampire City, and report to the Theocracy. His body was never found, but the Knight remembered what happened.

 We sacrificed that Body to the Gate. You will suffer the same fate.

 The man rushed at the night, with his hand charged again.

 This one is dangerous.

 The knight put his sword up, using the flat side of the Sword to parry the attack. The Knight felt a huge shockwave hit his body through the sword, making him slide through the floor. As he stopped, the little devices started pouring him with shots.

 These… are a nuisance!

 A dark and ominous energy surged on the knight’s sword, and he slashed at one of the devices. However, the device simply swayed to the side, avoiding the weird energy, and kept shooting at the knight.

 These things! They are stronger! That bastard!

 The Knight noticed that the Devices, which were doing no damage to him whatsoever, were now damaging him, albeit slightly, but they were.

 The Knight, who was deflecting some shots(and by some, it really means some, not ALL), glanced at the man, who had more energy on his hands, advancing towards him. 

 “KH! I WILL KILL YOU!

 “Try your best! Guh!”

 Using his mana, the Knight unleashed a wave of tainted energy around him, pushing away the devices, and making the man flinch. 

 The Knight advanced towards the man, who avoided the consecutive slashes, and punched the sword once again, making the Knight lost his footing, and fell on the ground rolling, and got up, with his sword as a cane.

 As for the man he was fighting, he was on the opposite side of the Knight, glaring at him. The Knight glanced at his sword, where this man has been hitting consecutively. 

 My sword was forged by my soul. It cannot break. Yet he tries.

 “Ha! I bet you’re thinking I can’t break that sword, huh?”

 The man laughed, to which the Knight answered.

 “My sword was forged by my own soul. You cannot break it!

 “We’ll see about that!”

 The man rushed towards the Knight again, and the Knight moved towards the man. The Knight swung his sword downwards, meeting the man’s fist. The recoil made both of them stagger for a few milliseconds, then the knight swung his sword again horizontally, and was met by the man’s left fist this time.

 Another recoil, making the 2 stagger and make a few steps away from each other.

 “Heh! The next bouts…”

 “Will be the last.

 “Glad to see we agree on something.”

 I will not lose.

 “Going into overdrive mode!”

 The Knight spoke in his mind, and put his sword in his hands in front of him. And upon hearing the man’s words, he saw 2 small Magic Cores appear on the 2 hands of the man, and the words spoken by him.


 Overdrive Mode. It was a simple mode that Kenji could use since always. However, he never really used. Because, not only he discovered it too damn late, but because he couldn’t really use it. By the way, it was a hidden feature of the Odyssey Outfit, but it never appeared. Even with Kenji’s Scanner.

 The Overdrive Mode, would overload the Odyssey Outfit, with one kind of energy from Magic Cores. He could use Magic Crystals as well, but the output of energy he would receive would be significantly lower than the Crystals.

 Fire would give him a higher damage output. Water would give him a higher healing speed(approximately 0.5x the normal speed). Earth would give him a higher resistance to attacks. Wind would allow him to concentrate his mana easily.

 And then there were the other 3 Cores.

 Lightning, Ice, and Magma. Kenji could use these 3 Cores, but the Odyssey Outfit couldn’t take the whole Output of energy. Specially from the Lightning Cores. In short, Kenji would need to use Low-Rank Cores to go into Lightning Overdrive mode.

 It’s worth the shot. Just gonna take a little to Recharge again.

 The downside of the Overdrive Mode, was its Recharge time. It would take a few hours to recharge, but if he wanted to use the mode again… he could force load the Overdrive mode, and significantly damage the Outfit. 

 “Let’s get this over with!”

 Breaking the two cores in its hands, Kenji’s body was clad in a weird Lightning. The lightning itself was of a black color in the middle, but the borders of it, were a dark blue color.

 Ouch! It stings! A lot!!

 What exactly would the Lightning Cores do in Overdrive mode? Simple. It would give Kenji a higher speed, and, as the other Cores would also do, give a slight boost to the Element used. In short, the Shockwaves that Kenji used, would charge faster, and would be significantly stronger. Ah, and it’s piercing capabilities are also strengthened. 

 The 2 clashed again. Kenji’s punches didn’t have more strength into them, which actually surprised him. I thought speed could make it stronger! Kenji focused his punches on the armor, right at the abdomen area, and would occasionally dodge the sword swung at him, or punch it.

 The more he punched the armor, the more the integrity of it was falling. And the same could be said to the sword. Both the sword and the armor’s integrity are falling down at a fast pace. It will be more than enough!

 After that thought, the C.L.U.T.C.H started the barrage of shots again. They were on standby after the Knight had unleashed that wave of energy, and Kenji had activated them again to keep the barrage of shots.

 With another spacing between the two, both advanced towards one another. This time however, Kenji avoided the armor, and focused solely on the sword. 

 His punches were faster than before, and the knight, with the talk from before, saying that the sword could not break, started to clad the blade in his own mana. Ah, it can’t break! Yeah, not at all!

 Even with the speed Kenji had, the Knight was still able to predict where he would be, and slashed at Kenji accordingly. To which Kenji would always deflect using the plates that the Odyssey Outfit had around his body. At the end of all this, I’m gonna have to remake this thing. Fuck!

 “Ready to admit your sword can break?”

 Kenji snapped his fingers, and C.L.U.T.C.H stopped shooting, and position themselves right behind the Knight, as per Kenji’s orders with his scan. 

 The Knight was furious with Kenji’s words. He focused all of his Mana on the sword, producing an ominous fiery energy around the Sword. Kenji’s mask was deactivated, showing a wide grin on his face. (Search for Kenpachi Grinning… something like that)

 “THIS! I LIKE IT!”

‼ Overdrive Mode Deactivating in 90 Seconds ‼

 “THAT’S PLENTY!”

 “It’s over.

 “AGREED!”

 The two advanced. Kenji was with his hands on the sides of his body, while the knight swung his sword horizontally. 

 And Kenji, turned his body to the left, to where the slash was coming. With his 2 hands cladded in lightning, he grabbed the sword, using the black lightning to repel the ominous energy. 

 Upon doing that, Kenji performed a Karate chop on the sword with his right hand, overloaded with a shockwave. The Karate Chop landed exactly where he had been hitting the sword previously. 

 And just like that, the sword broke in half. 

 The Knight was shocked. The flames coming from his torso were wavering, and that was a window Kenji exploited.

 With his left hand still in lightning and a charged shockwave, Kenji pierced the Knight’s armor, grabbing directly at the Knight’s bone spine.

 “Guh! YOU!

 “C.L.U.T.C.H! NOW!”

 The C.L.U.T.C.H, hearing Kenji’s words, and where its Scan was directed at, put themselves into a circle formation, close to each other. 

 The weapons on them, would rotate around their bodies, and the more they shot, the stronger the shots would be.

 They rotated in that circle formation, and all of their shots landed on the armor, on the back, exactly where Kenji’s hand was. Of course, the shots did not pierce the armor, and the Knight, recovered from the shock, glared at Kenji.

 “PAY! WITH YOUR LIFE!

 The Knight could not move from that space, but he could swing his arm with the remaining of his sword. And the blade of the sword was clad again in an ominous flame.

 “C.L.U.T.C.H!

 Kenji shouted. The blade came close to Kenji head, and a massive burst of energy surged, engulfing both the Knight, Kenji, and the C.L.U.T.C.H’s.

This chapter took longer than expected... I thought I would be able to finish it in like, 1 week... but nope! I couldn't... when I posted that the chapter would take a week or two, I had already started writing, but some words didn't click... or I was too bored to write... apologies~
But hey! I think I did a pretty decent(meh) job! 
Hope you like it!

8