Chapter 31 – The First Finish Line
1.4k 11 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The carriage moved towards the entrance, and within the path, were lots, and lots of corpses, of monsters, people, Vampires, and Demons. Why the demons came here too? Looking to the Demons, they weren’t that powerful. Most of them were flying ones, which were a nuisance than anything else.

 There were some adventurers searching for monster parts, and some fighting over some spoils. Good thing I was the one defeating that Vampire. Not only I got more XP, but also a small little thing. Much like the giant, the Vampire had a core as well. A different one, but quite good.

Bloodiest Core
A core found inside of Vampires.
Usually, not all of the vampires does have these cores, and you can find them
with more easy within Pure Vampires.
It can be used to make a Vampiric Potion, which will transform the one who drinks into a Pure Vampire. It also can be used with-

 Before I could finish reading, my left eye shone, and the core, which was on my hand, became like a stream of water, floating right in front of me, and entered the MPD. WHATTA BLAST?! My whole body felt strange, like something was changing inside. It very well could be that.

 Putting my hand on the eye, it changed completely. This time, it was literally entering my socket. Before, it simply connected to the vacant space. Now, it was ENTERING, and changing shape completely. I could even feel the flesh connecting to the eye.

 “GUH!”

 “What happened?”

 Aoki asked, but I couldn’t say a word. Now, instead of a small glass thingy on my eye, the MPD BECAME fully an eye. I could move, and use everything from before. Also, a small window appeared on the field of vision.

 “Hey. Ueda.”

 “What?”

 “Your eye…”

 “Yeah… I know… Also, just call me Kenji.”

 Ignoring Aoki, who started talking, I glanced at the window ahead of me. It appeared on my field of vision, and had peculiar info about what happened.

Requirements Have Been Met!
Multi-Purpose Device have Evolved, and Adapted itself!
Now, the MPD became your left eye, with
few new functions to it.
New Skills and Classes Have been Acquired!

The following Classes have been acquired:
[Scout], [Engineer], and [Mechromancer].

The following Skills have been Acquired:
[All-Out Detection], [Detection Awareness], [Robotic Manipulation], [Supernatural Senses], [Protected Senses], [Supernatural Mobility], [Pain Nullity], [Agility Mode], [Mutated Intelligence], [Flash Step], and [Heaven Step].

 Some skills and Classes made sense, but others just made me confused or curious.

 Take [Agility Mode], [Mutated Intelligence], [Flash Step], and [Heaven Step].

 The first I had it with the Odyssey Outfit, while the last one was kinda strange as well. [Flash Step] I had it on the boots, so maybe that influenced the acquisition of the Skill, but [Heaven Step] wasn’t very natural.

 [Heaven Step] would allow me to make platforms on air for me to literally step on it, and jump. The amount was only 2 times, since it was still on Tier 1, but it was a versatile skill.

 Anyway, [Mutated Intelligence] was the strangest of the bunch. According to its description, my INT stat received an unnatural big boost. The skill simply said it was that, and didn’t gave a good reason to it. By the by, the skill appeared as acquired, but it didn’t show on my STATUS window. Also, [Anarchy] resets upon each Level up… Which is really bad.

 “Whatever.”

 But as for [Agility Mode]? That got me surprised. The reason being, this:

Skill – Agility Mode
The user has the ability to change forms.
With such mode, they can move quickly, efficiently, and effortlessly, and they can do things such as athletics, parkour, gymnastics, and acrobatics with extreme ease.

Acquired by using Technomagic, together with the Odyssey Outfit. The Sub-Skill, Techno-Spell Casting, and Nano Magic, merged the user’s Outfit, with the user’s body, allowing it to absorb the Compatible Skills with the Odyssey Outfit.
Due to that, the Skill Agility Mode,
has the need of the Odyssey Outfit, to function in maximum capacity.

 Reading that, and taking a look at my skill list, showed that [Agility Mode] had a Tier of the skill on one side, and a Tier inside keys right after. The first one, was MY skill alone, which was Tier 2. As for the ones on keys, it was already on 10.

 “So that means with the outfit, I got a boost on the DEX and AGI stats. Interesting. But why my skill acted alone? It’s not becoming sentient, is it?”

 Seeing that the skill activated itself, left me with a bit of fear. After all, I watched a certain robot exterminator movie. If my skill got out of control, then this world’s doomed. I think.

 Better stop thinking about that. We reached the gate of the city, and upon entering, there was a huge crowd at a certain place. With my newfound eye, I scanned through them, finding Amara, Lucy, and that woman adventurer, surrounded by both knights and adventurers. And of course, their actions pointed towards one thing.


 “MARRY ME!” “YOU’LL BE MINE!” “I’LL PAY THE MOST!”

 Yep! They all want to die! And it wasn’t me who released a huge amount of pressure towards those guys. Is it Killing Intent? No. It’s just like what the Vampire did on the field just before. Waves of mana… Hm? Oh! IT’S ENERGETIC PRESSURE!

 Curious as to what that wave was, the new eye informed me.

Skill Energetic Pressure
The power to generate enormous amounts of energy, able to crush/damage anything/everything in the surroundings areas. It can be tweaked to only wash enemies away, like a wind or wave.

 Neat. And requirements are simple to complete. I might acquire it in the future. The Wave of mana, was used by the flaming girl. Nonetheless, the men simply got sweaty. OKAY! MY TURN!

 Activating [Killing Instinct], I glared at the crowd. They all froze, and glanced behind them, like a creaking door, and slowly moving their heads.

 “Piss. Off.”

 I widened my eyes, and smiled ominously, and all of them dispersed. Except for 3 people. They were holding their weapons and pointing towards me. So, activating my right blade, I hold my finger in a ‘come’ position, and when they’re about to step forward, the Killing Stare old man appears… AND BOWS TO ME?!

 ““WHA?!””

 All people around are surprised, as I am too. What? Did I do something THAT impressive? Yeah, I did, but whatever. It was more for fun than duty anyway.

 “Uh, What?”

 “I can’t thank you enough. For taking care of the threat. In the name of the Empire citizens, I, Gregory Alden, thank you.”

 “Uuuh… sure?”

 “Was it you who defeat the Vampire?”

 Within my confusion state, the elf, Ayduin, approaches and ask me that.

 “No. They helped. If it wasn’t by their help, I think I would be dead by now.”

 “I see. Your mana quality sure got better. It is even purer than the priestess.”

 He bowed his head slightly, and walked away. Strange guy. Soon, Lucy, with Amara on her shoulders came to me, and informed me of what they did on the battlefield. That’s my girls!

 Actually, I got surprised to know there was a gorgon on the battlefield where she was. She had powerful spells, and could avoid any, if all things launched at her. Both Magic and Physical attacks, she avoided with ease. Even Lucy’s [Feather Artillery] skill didn’t hit that gorgon.

 “I think she could see into the future of our actions.”

 Saying that, surprised me even further, and I started to think. Gorgon… See the future… Powerful spells… Maybe? Sighing with exhaustion, I was about to bid farewell, the flaming woman spoke.

 “Well, I’ll take my leave now.” Said the Red-haired woman. “If you ever need something, you can talk to me, okay? And YOU.” She put a little bit more of emphasis when referring to me. “If you ever do something dirty to her… you and I will have a serious talk.”

 “Name?” I said, pretty carefree. What the blast is she thinking on?

 “Zanya. You might remember that.”

 “Meh. I’ll probably forgot anyway. Let’s go. I’m dead tired.”

 Finishing our conversation, I bid farewell, entering the city. Of course, not finishing the thoughts on the Gorgon that Lucy fought. It might be connected?


 Reaching the Witch’s shop(which basically is a home for me now), she applauded and said she would make a feast to celebrate the victory. I gave her some seasonings, and she appraised them curiously. Her eyes almost fell out of her sockets, and she glared at me fiercely.

 “It’s all yours. If you want, you can learn their recipe, and sell, you know?”

 As soon those words got out of my mouth, she started darting her eyes around, and I swear to god(if there’s a god in this world), that her eyes became shiny, and had a strange symbol on them. Might be this world’s currency symbol, dunno.

 The seasonings, were the same I used to treat Lucy’s wounds from before, focused only in stamina and wound recovery. After that, we all slept quite early. Or in my case, I tried.

 On bed, I closed my eyes, and tried to fell asleep, failing magnificently. Well, as I was trying to sleep, Kasumi, Amara and Lucy got on my bed. Amara was to my left, and Lucy to my right, while Kasumi was in ball posture on top of my chest.

 No, we didn’t do anything dirty, and no, I didn’t touched any of them. Lucy fell asleep quite early, holding my shirt’s sleeve. As for Amara, she was chewing on my hand, like a baby. I guess she IS a baby, no? Speaking of which, her age suddenly vanished… Why?

 With that question on my mind, I stayed awake for awhile. I wanted to check the new skills and all, but I might woke them up, so I left that for later. On the other hand, I started imagining on a few new things. Once again, here I am, thinking on new weapons and equipment.

 Suddenly, a frame appeared on my field of vision. Thankfully, the frame appeared only for me, and didn’t emit any light.

 It was like a 3D scan, and showed a few things. Curious, I tried imagining Satz and Schicksal figures. Soon, they both appeared, and they dismounted themselves. Each part identified on the frame, showed info about them, with what they did, why they were there, and why they were important. NEAT!

 So, I started messing with that a little.


 The first thing I started imagining, was some kind of high damage, and speedy weapon. You see, my weapons are super good, and yes, my new 2 handguns are the best. But… the amount of enemies they can hit, are very few. And yes, I know I have basically Mini Railguns on my hands. They are powerful, but small. And have limits.

 Also, I couldn’t keep using Zerstörer for every situation. It was practical, but too expensive to produce. It wouldn’t be easy to find Unstable Mass(Chap 21) everywhere. And expending lots of cores on it, would be even more stupid. How many I have remaining?

 I checked my Digi-Storage, seeing that only 3 were remaining. I did made more, but it looked like I used way too much. Might search for more of the Unstable Mass on the forest close to the capital, and use better cores to stabilize a big quantity, so to let it in reserve.

 After that, I started thinking on other weapons… My options were as following:

 • A Missile Launcher, using the Mana Infused Powder as Explosives
 • Some kind of Mini-gun, since the damage would be really big, but only use in cases with big hordes of enemies
 • A Sniper Rifle, just like Schicksal, but with a much bigger output of power/energy to be pinpoint and destructive
 • Remake Raijin as a new weapon, since I’m barely even using it
 • Make some kind of hovering weapon, just to protect me from attacks from behind, or protecting the girls when necessary
 • A Weapon for CC(Crowd Control) situations
 • Probably a very stupid weapon that might hit allies… Better revise it

 The projects were incomplete for some reason. Now, some materials were needed. The thing was, I simply thought on what they MIGHT do, not the final result. (Author’s Note: Following talk, is MC talking in his mind, it’ll be long)

 “Strange For the launcher, I need some special things, specially materials with some kind of connection to temperatures. I mean, yeah, since they will have a lock-on function. I might be able to use the Volatilion’s parts. The mini-gun… 3 barrels, with another 3 smaller ones on them, spinning and delivering massive fire power. The sniper rifle will use both Satz and Schicksal functions, with and without solid bullets. It will need some kind of charge function… I think my own mana won’t be enough to power it up. As for Raijin… It’s basically useless… Bulky, and too big… Wait! What if I take the last idea with Raijin? Razor sharp circle-shaped blades, powered by lightning, and spinning in high speeds… they’ll be able to ricochet from walls, and only when hitting flesh/scales, whatever, it’ll activate. The hovering weapon… How about drones, sphere-shaped, and with small high fire rate guns on the sides? Oh! And the two guns can spin around of it! That’s a good one… And for CC situations… Hmmm… How about the piercing capabilities of Raijin’s bolts, but instead on bullets? Raijin uses energy to power the bolts up, but it’s more useful on the blades I thought on… Yeah, it might be a good idea.

 Alas, I needed a really big quantity of materials. Good thing the newfound eye informed me about them. The most used material, surprisingly, was the Adamantite Alloy I’d made. Then comes the Launcher. It needs Magma Stone, some kind of rock that doesn’t melt on high temperatures.

 The Mini-Gun, was not materials, but the speed it needed to fire things. I would need to make something reaaaally good for this one. In fact, I think I’ll use the Mini-Gun over any other weapon.

 Now, the Sniper is the easier. To a degree. Well, the entire appearance was quite simple, but the problem lies on the charging thingy. Where the hell I can find a Lightning Esoteric Stone?!

 And it comes to the new future that awaits Raijin. The blades needed a material reaaaaally hard to come by. Come on. Think about it… WHERE THE HELL CAN I FIND A LEVIATHAN OR A BLASTING ALPHA KRAKEN?! WHERE?! ON THE ZOO?! SHOOOOOCK~!

 And then we have the drones. I would need Hover stones. What are they? Well, good question… Kidding. They are stones found on floating islands… Yes, you read that right: FLOATING ISLANDS. They are created when there’s big, reaaaaally big amounts of Wind Mana around, and normal Wind Crystals. Which you can find on top of mountains, they transform, and takes a chunk of mountains off to the skies, and they become Floating Islands, adrift on the air. Also, people pays a LOT for one small floating crystal. The size of your pinky finger.

 Now, the CC Weapon… ANOTHER ONE! WHERE THE HELL CAN I FIND A ROYAL BASILISK?! By the by, the Royal Basilisk, different from its normal version, who has only a petrifying stare, the Royal one, can shoot spikes from his scales… And can breathe fire. Its spikes were particularly sharp, even simply passing your finger on its surface can cut your finger… And you might die of poisoning… IT HAS POISON ON IT! ACID! Just for a small change.

 “Okay… All blueprints ready… Now, as for vehicles…


 Why would I want to make another vehicle you ask? Fujin consumes a huge amount of mana. You see, it consumes raw mana. It isn’t like a vehicle, with an engine, that changes the fuel to move things, if that can make any sense to you…

 Anyway! I had a few things in mind… Such as a Motorcycle with 4 wheels, and then it can articulate to the sides, making the wheels look like a glider. And luckily, with my imagination, it appeared, and even better, I just needed one material, which I could find very closely to the city… THE TIGRASS.

 As for the other projects? No luck. I had an image of an off-road car, with its frame based on a Mustang Boss 429. Long live muscle cars! Yes, off-road. With huge tires, and some other capabilities. Also, I had a small hunch I would be having more people traveling with me, so I also Imagined another kind of vehicle.

 A van, with capacity to at least 8 people. If I ever learn Space Manipulation, since I can’t acquire magic… Yep! I can make a much bigger place, inside of a so small thing… I think… Anyway… Oh! Just had a very good idea! But nah, let’s left for later… Finally! Sleepiness hit me! After thinking over all of that, I got to sleep peacefully. And yes, I would oversleep.


 As Kenji and the others just finished the battle, news of that would of course, reach the Vampires.

 “WHAT?! BAYRON NOX WAS SLAIN?! BY WHOM?! TELL ME!”

 “Sir! I-It was the Pure Mana source w-with the help of the Otherworlders.”

 “Why would he battle with the source?! He could only knock him out and bring him back!”

 “He was probably taunted to do it, no?”

 After Victor shouted, the Vampire reporting said his words, Sirius, the one who kidnapped Naomi and Yumi spoke in surprise, and lastly, the one who used the Volatilion to attack Caerleon, Donovan, spoke to Sirius question.

 “GRRRRR! WHERE IS THE GORGON?! SHE SHOULD HAVE ALREADY RETURNED!”

 “Yes~? My master~?”

 To the surprise of everyone, a voluptuous woman, with her hair full of small purple snakes, green eyes with a slit on the middle, appeared on the center of the room. She had legs, instead of a snake tail, but that was only a disguise.

 “RADREIALE!”

 “Your question will be~ Why I didn’t took the boy~?”

 She spoke in a soft voice, and all the men there, simply looked away from her.

 “You see, master~ He will come here~ And even better~…” She paused, licking her lips, showing a divided tongue. “Your precious little daughter~ The princess, will be here too~”

 “You! You saw the future?!”

 “Oh, calm down Sirius~ Remember when I said about the peculiar boy I saw on the capital before the blood moon~? The one which I couldn’t predict exactly his future~?”

 “It’s him?”

 Victor subdued his rage, and started to think calmly.

 The Gorgon, Radreiale, informed him of this peculiar boy, whose future couldn’t be predicted, and that, he would come to the Fortress of the Vampires. He thought the boy would have a great role, and then he needed the boy to Ascend to the next stage. Alas, his plans were all for nothing.

 The boy not only defeated the threats he planned beforehand, but showed an impressive creativity to surpass the problems, and even defeated one of the Pure Vampires. It is like he doesn’t fear death, he though. Albeit he forgot that Kenji only defeated the Vampire with help. He overlooked that.

 “When?”

 “Uhm… Unpredictable future?”

 “Dammit! Leave… NOW!”

 With his rage back, all of them exited the room. Soon, a different aura surrounded Victor, and he spoke to no one in particular.

 “Father! Can you hear me?! Father!”

 “What is it, my son?

 He looked upwards, and called for his father, Ditemis. He promptly was answered, and started talking the matters at hand. With grunts and shouts of rage, Ditemis spoke with a very tired voice.

 “I do not know what to do. I forgot to check the future, and just did that… Unfortunately, even the Heavenly Mirror cannot see what lies ahead for the boy.

 “What about me? Will I win if I fight him?”

 “The results keep changing every time. In one you got to hit him, and defeat it, but in another, you will die. But the problem lies within one thing.

 “What? TELL ME!”

 “Your Daughter. Do not allow him to find her, my son. You still might be defeated, but the chances are 2 to 8.

 “Then I can win.”

 “I wish you luck. You are the last son of mine, that has to yet ascend.

 “I will. Farewell.”

 With that, Victor smiled ominously, and called for someone, an Elite Vampire;

 “YES, SIR!”

 “Gabe… You are one of the strongest elite Vampires. I want you to find the tomb where my daughter is locked, and protect it at all costs. You can take anything with you.”

 “Will it be any invader? Up till now it didn’t had, right?”

 “That might change.”

 “As you wish, Victor-Sama.”

 “Yes. Hm?”

 Victor’s attention was caught by what happened to the black sky. It suddenly had a strange hue to it. On the sky, very far away from where he was, 7 strange lights were on the skies, and then, they separated from each other. One of them, fell quite close, to the Dunes, to the south where he was.

 “What… Happened?”

 Confused, Victor asked, but there was no one to answer his question. He turned around, dismissing Gabe, and entering his chambers. There, it was Yumi. She was in a very dire situation.

 Her body was thinner. Her skin, was basically white. Her eyes showed some kind of dread. She was laying on a gorgeous bed, and trembling, even though she was covered with blankets.

 “Soon, my dear. Soon.”

 Victor caressed her head, and bit on her arm.

Arc II, [The Blood Moon]. End~

Sheesh~ And I even said that this Arc would be 'Small'. XD
Anyway! Thanks for Reading up till here! There will be a small gap for the next chapter though. I need a small rest this week, sowwy~
Also, a small point here. From now on, you can check the glossary for Kenji, and others STATUS screen! They will be entitled with the chapters they appear, so! Stay tuned! 
Chapters are back on day 7 from this month! Of course, on 12 PM Eastern Time US/Canada! Bu bye~

44