{Arc III} Chapter 32 – A Boring Rematch
1.3k 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “Hrmmm… Gah! AAAAH! SHOCK! BLAST! GUH!”

 Oh! Hi there! Here we are again! Should I do a recap about everything that has happened so far? Meh, should I? Alright! Tsk! Let’s see… Hrmmm… Okay!

 First of all, summoned to another world, classified as useless(Although a good thing, since the leader of said nation is kind of a bad person). Became an adventurer, lost my eye, invented a stupid thing, a series of stupid things, sorry, and uh… What else? Oh yeah! Faced some strong monsters, almost died more of a few times… What else? OH!

 Oh yeah! Almost forgot about Amara, the Necrotic She-Viper, which I… Created? Hard to talk about it. Also got a Dark-Spirit Fox, called her Kasumi, which means ‘Mist’, met her mother… Is this all in a congruent timeline, or just all tossed around? Gah! My mind is quite messed up recently! More than never!

 Okay, after all of that, I got a slave, called her Lucy, part of the Eagle-kin tribe… She didn’t had wings, which I made some for her, killed a giant, and got back at the capital. Oh yeah, I also traveled from the capital! It’s all messed up! Whatever!

 And well, when back at the capital, it was being attacked by Vampires, Demons, and Monsters. I made weapons for the false heroes, my classmates, discovered one of them, and my Sensei were kidnapped by one Vampire, and made some weapons for me.

 Also was almost captured, and killed a Pure Vampire! Got my eye back, as in, my old MPD(Multi-Purpose Device), which transformed from a simple visor to a full eye, and is now resting in my former socket. What else? Oh yeah! The last 3 weeks I started working on things!

 Let’s turn the clock back a little, shall we?


 After the battle on the capital, did I got some rest? Nope! I got so excited to make some kind of transport to go North, since I would kill the guy who called me the Pure Mana Source.

 Apparently, I was a source of mana, so pure, that I could be used as a sacrifice for the ascension of a Vampire. He would ascend a realm, just to kill the Emperor, Alexander Goldguard. He would probably die, though… I can’t see Goldguard’s STATUS, but I can tell he’s very powerful.

 Anyway, I got back at the Workshop with the Dwarf, and started hammering things.

 First of all, a Vehicle. I had in mind the Motorcycle with 4 wheels, and could articulate, opening like a glider, or a drone, to make it easy to imagine. I hammered the Adamantite Alloy, and made all the frame with it. The engine wasn’t so easy to make though.

 If I had, say, a factory with the ability to make everything, it would work wonders. Alas, the engine was hard to mount all in place. The entire engine was made, but to put all in one place? No luck. I needed help from both the Old man and the Dwarf to do so.

 “It’sa ready, aight?” The dwarf asked.

 “Ha! You wish. I need a powerful Monster Core to make it work.”

 “Which monster?”

 “He’s quite close to the Capital, and lives on the forest.”

 ““THE TIGRASS!?””

 I nod to make them understand the point. And following exclamations are of: “Are ya crazy!” or “He finally lost his mind.” Can’t blame them, though. The Tigrass is strong, but that was before. I would want to defeat him alone, with no help from the girls, but I guess that was a bit of a stretch

 Well, I also made the wheels. Of course, they weren’t JUST wheels. First, the rubber used on them, was as strong as metal. More malleable, but strong. AND! As I said before, they weren’t ONLY wheels. They had small blades on the insides of them. With the press of a button, the blades would activate, either on all four, or the two, also either at the front wheels, or the back ones.

 All in place, I stored that, and started work on the next issue.


 You see? I got really close to my enemies. And yes, I’m really bad at defending myself. I have the blades on my gauntlets AND the Fire and Lightning Manipulation, on the left, and right gauntlets respectively.

 Problem is: I don’t have room to use them. I can activate them, but hit the enemy? That’s hard. If I am already prepared to use them, that’s one thing, but acting on surprise attacks? A problem arises. So? I devised two solutions. I either use my gauntlets elemental manipulation, or! I make use of my new [Technomagic Medium] Sub-Skills. Specifically, Techno Spell-Casting. Or Techno Spell-Infusion, that is.

 Magic has Theory, and a lot of such shenanigans. And I found that really boring. But I need them. Think of Magic Theory as Science Theories. Complicated. Anyway! I start to read about one of the main spells I got from Techno Spell-Casting: Shockwave… No, actually, it’s listed as Energy Blast, but I can’t replicate that yet… Too boring to replicate! And Shockwave seems more nicer.

 Okay. Shockwave. What it is? Is a type of propagating disturbance that moves faster than the local speed of sound in the medium. Quite informative, huh? Well, you can think of it like a bubble exploding, or a balloon going pop. I’m being simplistic! AND it makes sense! So no worries!

 So, how do I replicate that? Meh, quite simple actually. I can use Electricity(Lightning) and Wind to make them work. Imagine like a very pressurized air, inside of a chamber. What will happen when you open it? Yep! All the air will be tossed quite abruptly outside. And I dare say it will kill you… I think. Would it now?

 Well! How do I do that? I can make do with some normal spells. Like Wind Bullet, and Lightning Expansion.

 The first, as the name implies, creates a bullet(round object), made out of wind(compressed air), and shoots it ahead of the caster.

 The second, is much simpler. With the ions of the air, both positive and negative ions, creates static, and expand itself, creating some kind of barrier ahead of the caster.

 They are classified as Intermediary Spells, since it’s not easy to create them… I mean, if you watched lots of anime, that’s not too hard though.

 Anyway! Put those two together, and you’ll have a Wind Bullet that expands and destroys things ahead of you! NOT WHAT I WANTED! SHOCK!

 Well, after some time mulling over it, I started to recreate the circuits to that. Created a HUB, installed the spells, and experimented with the circuits and formulas. I created a small bullet that could pierce things as hard as steel, the size OF A BLASTING NEEDLE!

 Another one, was a small impact, like a sound pop ahead of the user, doing like a punch to the gut. Other was simply a smack, like a slap, on something. No real damage, just a push, so to speak. But the last one? Well! THAT’S WHAT I WAS SHOCKING AFTER!

 A round wave of energy ahead of the user, that could, well! Crush every single bone of a living being. I tested that on scrap metal… The results were metal being bend in weird directions, broke to pieces, or even simply transformed into dust. Yyyyeaaaaahhhhh… NOW THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!

 Anyway, after some slight more tests, I ended up making a version for each gauntlet:

 • Right Gauntlet, Shockwave, paired to a flick of the finger(the smack), the snap of fingers(the punch to the gut), and the full hand opened ahead of me(the crushing wave). Also, the last one could send things very far away.

 • Left Gauntlet, was all of the previous, but related to heat and fire. Quite meh! To say the least. I mean, the flick would send a small spark, the snap would set small things on fire, and full hand opened ahead? Wave of fire to whatever is in front… Quite harsh actually.

 With that finished, I just had some other things to deal with, mainly my new skills.


 And that takes us back to the forest. I’m here since, what? 9AM? And it’s pass noon. I was testing the new skills, mainly [All-Out Detection], [Flash Step], and [Heaven Step].

 Thankfully, the last two were easy to make tests, since they were simple, and one of them I already a grasp of it… But telling the truth? [Flash Step] is much more nicer than I thought it already was.

 It was like everything around me stopped, or became a blur. It was nice, AND scary actually. Anyway, back to the Detection one. That was a headache. Quite literally. Every time I activated the Skill, I would detect shocking EVERYTHING! And I’m not kidding when I say EVERYTHING.

 Air, Chemical, Digital, Disease, Earth(which was all around me), Electricity, Electromagnetism, Emotion, Energy, Error(dunno what it is), Fear, Fire, Heartbeat, Individual(Enemies), Information(like an appraisal just in distance), Jinx(basically bad luck, which, well, you got the gist), Magic, and GAH! Enough! Simply put, search for Omni-Detection! It’s all of that BS!

 In short, I CAN FEEL ANYTHING AROUND ME! An ant passing by? Oh yeah! The breeze of the wind passing on my skin? Why not? The plants around me? WHY?! The shocking earth below me? WHAT THE BLAST! Oh, and one that I wasn’t expecting! I can feel the presence of the Sin bearers, and Virtue bearers!

 “There’s 3 of them on the capital… Ayduin… Goldguard… and Takahashi… Temperance, Envy, and Wrath… Wow.”

 And of course! I could feel the presence of every single person from the capital! Add that to the mix of everything around me, and boom! You have a ginormous headache! What’s the feeling you ask? Imagine like a radar, with thousands of thousands of ping sounds, color schemes appearing all blasting around of it!

 Good thing is, I can get one of the Detection variations activated all the time. ONE! I either left one, or all… And I’ve been doing this from 10AM up till now. 4 Hours, dedicated solely towards this one skill.

 And no success so far. The headache got worse, and I was having a big difficult, since the skill tiered up 3 times! Yes! The skill got on Tier 4 with just activating the skill, over and over again.

 “This is… really… Hurting. Ugh!”

 “Gagyaaaa!” “Gyaaa!” “Gyahaahahaah!”

 “Oh! SHUT UP!”

 And since I came to the forest and started the training, Goblins kept appearing over and over again. For shock’s sake! These things are really a bother! With 3 shots, all of them got killed.

 Sighing once again, I turn around, walk to the bodies, and take the cores out. These will be useful. Also, the girls were hunting. Guess it’s a matter of wild instincts? Well, most of them ARE beasts anyway.

 Oh, and by the way, the Shockwave worked reaaally good. Goblins transformed into a pulp, small monster were wobbly as slime, and not gonna mention about some bigger ones, like the coyotes.

 “Well, let’s search for both Unstable Mass, and the Tigrass.”


 Walking through the forest, I could see the signs of destruction all around. Smashed and tumbled trees, bushes all around, there was even some smell of rotten flesh, probably because the Stampede caused some monsters to step on each other.

 That was also another reason why there was so many goblins around. Most monsters on the forest got out, and were killed, but goblins being, well, goblins, they didn’t come out. They reproduced with themselves, and the number just got up.

 There were also some… strange marks around. There was claw marks on some trees, but the strange marks, were of tree trunks cut at half its trunk. What monster caused this? It was like an ax cut to the half of the tree, and that’s it.

 After some time walking around the forest, killing more and more goblins, I finally found a trail, with claw marks on more trees, bones on the ground, and remains of other monsters corpses. I would keep going, but soon, Lucy was back, with both Kasumi and Amara on her shoulders.

 “Kenji-Sama! The hunt was really good today!”

 “Glad to see you’re happy.”

 She was smiling broadly at me, and was talking somethings with Amara and Kasumi.

 Lucy was part of the Eagle-kin tribe, which are a part of the Birds of Prey people, composed by Hawk/Falcon-kin, Crow and Raven-kin, Owl-kin, and other birds of prey. There’s a lot of birds of prey you know? Mentioning every single one of them, would take too much time.

 She had a short, black and white hair, divided on the middle of her head. Her hair reached chin height, and together with her golden eyes, it made her quite the beauty. Her face features, packed with her body shape, made a lot of men on the capital, and probably wherever I go, turn their heads to look at her.

 She was wearing the Valkyrie’s Embrace, a set of armor, with a black body suit, made out of Flying Chimera’s hide, and a plate mail, made out of Mondálium Scales, protecting her chest and abdomen. Since the body suit exalted her curves a lot, I made a small cape, covering her from waist down.

 Also, she had in her hands, a mace/flail. It was a mace, that with the press of a button, it would become a flail.

 “Kenji-Sama? What we gonna do now?”

 She asked, and that brought me back from my thoughts. Am I getting attracted to her? Let’s not think about it. I shook my head and answer her.

 “Well, I’m searching for the Tigrass. A giant, uhm… purple, tiger, with black stripes. It’s the only monster that has a strong enough core, for my new project.”

 “Where do we find him?

 “That’s the thing Amara… I honestly don’t know. I mean, he’s on this forest, but where? Don’t know exactly.”

 (Isn’t this the perfect opportunity to ask Lucy-san to take a look around?)

 Kasumi spoke, and I just got an enlightenment… I’m an idiot. Sighing to the obvious answer, I ask Lucy to fly and search for this tiger. She salutes me, like a soldier saluting its Captain, and flies. While she did so, I searched for more Unstable Mass. And found quite a lot.

 I stabilized the quantity on the ground, since only touching it would make it explode, and stored on the Digi-Storage. And I notice another problem I would need to solve very soon… Space on the Digi-Storage.

 I was hitting the 800 Mark recently. Not quite at the 1000, but it’s getting there. You see, the Digi-Storage, has 1000 spots, with the capability to store 100 items each. Money is the one that is taking most of the space, with more than 400 spots being taken. You might ask, how?

 The answer? The quality of the coins. Each coin has a quality, ranging from 50% to 100%. The coins varies in that, but they never stack more than 10 coins of each… So, 400 spots are taken only for that. And worse, the pouches on the market costs reaaaally high.

 The pouch I got from the Dungeon? It costs 50 Gold coins. Anything more than that? The price jumps over to Platinum coins. Capitalism! Anyway, my only option, would be either dive on a dungeon, or buy it. And Dungeon Diving is, unfortunately, prohibited.

 Since the Stampede, the dungeon close to the city has a high influx of monsters, and they not only got bigger in number, but also more stronger. Only authorized adventurers can enter on the dungeon, and only the GM can issue the authorization.

 Well, guess what?! The GM didn’t allowed me to enter the dungeon! “You won’t sell the spoils, as far as I know. You kept them only to yourself.” I tried to rebuke, but that was true. I need materials to build things, and wouldn’t sell to the guild. Meh, I can make do with what I have.

 “Kenji-Sama!”

 “So? Did you find it?”

 After an hour or so, Lucy got back, and she pointed towards where the Tigrass was. I was actually surprised though. When we reached there, the place where the beast was located, was a pit, with some kind of cave on the other side, but… It had a strange stone pillar on the middle of it.

 “This wasn’t his den… It belonged to another monster.”

 “Uhm… Kenji-Sama?”

 Lucy pointed towards something and… Oh. There was a giant T-Rex descending on the den. I mean, T-Rex is a bit of a stretch. If you take the scary Giant Head, and put a Moose’s head instead… Is that strange?

 Okay! The Tigrass just came out of the cavern. The two are having that fulminating staring contest. The T… T-Moose charges with it’s antlers, rammed itself into the Tigrass. The Tigrass, in a way to counter attack, got up super fast, and jumped, sweeping its paw on the face of the T-Moose.

 “What the hell is that thing?”

 The Moose monster, since T-Moose is stupid, shook its head, and rammed itself again, but the Tigrass avoided the charge, jumping to the side, and jumped again. It bit on the Moose’s neck, and- OH! Twisted the neck. Kinda like a Spinosauros against T-Rex fight scene, on a certain Jurassic movie.

 “Wow. This was anticlimactic. Then again, the moose monster had only its antlers as a weapon.”

 “Uhm… We will try to defeat that thing?”

 “That’ll be hard.

 “Not impossible though.”

 ““For You.””

 The three spoke to me. What? It’s not THAT hard though? Ignoring the three, I put my hood on, and glanced to the three. They were confused, looking around.

 “Kenji-Sama?”

 “I’m here.”

 “Where? You disappeared.”

 “Meh, it’s a function of the Outfit. Get ready. As soon as you hear a boom sound, rush and smack that thing. Amara, Kasumi. Use magic to hit him, after Lucy smack him good. Got it?”

 The three nodded, and I descend the slope. Lucy took flight, and I approached the pillar, getting behind it. I glanced at the Tigrass, who was happily eating his meal. In my tiptoes, approaching the beast, I jumped, twisting my body, and extended my hand forward. A loud boom happened, with a wave and small lightning appearing.

 I was right in front of it, and the Shockwave blasted the body of the moose away, but the Tigrass simply moved its neck to the side. Thankfully, it got confused with the situation, and the beast didn’t moved.

 Ducking, the beast turned towards where I was, only to receive the Lucy’s weapon, Vernichter right at its face. Not only that, but Lucy activated the spikes of the weapon, and left a big gash on the face of the Tigrass. With a roar, it looked towards Lucy, and was blasted with a ball of water from Amara, and a Lightning bolt from Kasumi.

 Roaring in pain, the Tigrass, moved away from the puddle of water. Well, stupid he isn’t. He kept glancing at Lucy on the air, and roared once again. I tried to toss a charge of Zerstörer on his mouth, but I missed by a hair’s breadth, and the charge got stuck on the monster’s neck.

 Shrugging, I pressed the button of the transmitter. Zerstörer is pretty powerful, but the Tigrass wouldn’t fall that easily. Please don’t fall that easily. Yep! It wasn’t dead yet. NICE!

 Taking out the hood, the Tigrass, when seeing me, growled with quite the rage.

 “Sup. Miss me?”

 It approached me fast, and I simply used [Flash Step], avoiding the bite. He was pretty good, since the moment he missed, he looked towards where I landed, rushing to me. His instincts finally kicked in, and he avoided another smack from Lucy.

 “Lucy! Use the [Feather Artillery]!”

 At my orders, Lucy opened her wings, and countless feathers, made out of orange mana materialized, hitting the Tigrass full force. He’ll jump. And he did. The Tigrass jumped, passing through the feathers like it was nothing. But, since Amara was in Lucy’s shoulder…

 A lash of a tail, and the Tigrass was sent to the ground. Surprisingly, the Tigrass didn’t had an Up in his STATUS, but Amara did. Small, but did.

 She only made her tail bigger, and sent the monster to the ground, and the Tigrass had… Wait! He still has the Rotting Condition?! The Tigrass had Rotting III, on his STATUS CONDITION. He’s still not healed. And not only that, but the monster was losing HP quite quickly. Alas, he had lots of HP. And his Rot Resistance was on Tier 4, so~

 With that, I grabbed my couple, and start shooting at it. When Satz was out of bullets, I put it back on its holster, and kept shooting with Schicksal. It roared again, and jumped.

 One of the many rules I learned, is that beasts usually jumps to grab their prey. And usually, people would try to fall back, to avoid. Aaaand usually that don’t don’t go very well. So, instead of going back, I duck and run forward.

 Sliding right below the beast, I grab Gemetzel, and pressed the trigger, emptying an entire clip, right at its belly. And not only that, but something is smacked on his head, and I can see a black lightning coursing through him. Oh, guess it will be roasted huh?

 When the Tigrass fell on the ground, something that I never saw before happened. Or it already happened? The purple fur, had a slight more reddish hue to it, and it roared louder. I took the last two charges of Zerstörer, and tossed on its mouth. It gulped!

 “Keep pilling damage!”

 Activating the [Agility Mode], I rushed with my two blades, activating [Flash Step], and cut through the beast’s right side. When it turned to bite me, vines held his neck, and both a black fire ball, together with some kind of whirlwind, were approaching the beast.

 The fireball and whirlwind got together, forming a pillar of fire around the Tigrass. With some roars coming from it, I took distance, and grabbed the transmitter, and that was-

 “SHOCK!”

 Before I pressed the button, my Detection felt danger coming from the pillar, and I jumped backwards again. Good thing I did, cause the Tigrass almost got me into its jaws.

 “Sorry! Not really though.”

 And boom! The stomach and neck opened, with some blood and chunks of meat flying around. With my eye, I checked for any signs of life, but thankfully, he didn’t survived. Unfortunately, the price for selling this thing would- Wait, I can use Restoration.

 Using my skill, I restored the beast to its perfect condition. Of course, I took the crystal first. But it surprised me, since the core was a Non-Elemental one. And it was the Heart of the beast, literally.

 “Well… This will got me a good penny,”

 “Reckless.”

 “Hey. A fight every now and then… Uh, forget it. The only thing we’re doing lately is only fighting.”

 With that finished, we returned to the Capital, passing on the guild on our way back. And I sold the corpse for exactly 300 Platinum coins. The core would give me more 200, since it was from a monster of the caliber of the Tigrass, but since I wanted the core, meh!

 And with that out of the way, I got back at the forge, and installed the core. I made some tests on the engine of the motorcycle, seeing if it would work with mana, and it worked. I didn’t wanted some kind of problem on the installation of the bigger core.

 “Is he here?”

 “On the back.”

 Hearing a voice, probably Suzuki’s, I kept working, and finished the last preparations.

 “Kenji-kun!”

 “Yo Suzuki… You’re just in time.”

 “Time for what? I wanted to ask when you’re departing.”

 “Now, now… You’re about to see something nice… A name now. What about… Raubtier?”

 With a red and black light, it surrounded the room, and soon, it died out. It was a pretty simply motorcycle, but now it had some kind of plate on the sides, and even the handle bar, which was a simple T, became attached to the front wheels, by a small stem.

 “It means Predator, on German. Nice.”

 “Why did you created this?”

 “Because carriages are too slow and bumpy. We’ll depart in a few weeks. Get ready until.”

 Storing Raubtier, I walked off. Every time I finish some kind of project, I got super tired. Maybe it’s mental tiredness, or just something that I have. The week would be full of work actually. It’s funny knowing that I expend another whole month just for my own leisure.

Ayo! So~ Here's the new Arc! Sorry for the, well, Spoiler of the Chapter title. I'm trying to get better at making the whole Monster Vs Human fight better... Ain't going well, in my opnion... If you played/or Watched a gameplay of Monster Hunter World: Iceborn, then the T-Rex mixed with a Moose might make sense... I was watching it, so, it was the first thing that came to mind, sorry~

Alas, Thanks for the Reading!

38