Chapter5
3.6k 6 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

_________________________________________________

Tomorrow morning. Yuki wakes up early and takes a bath and eat breakfast after that. But unlike his usual routine, he didn't go outside and do his daily morning jog.

Instead, he sits in front of the computer. He wants to gather information first about the world he was in and figure out everything that he needs to know about himself before doing all the things he wanted to do.

Learning every necessary thing is not easy and will take a lot of time. Yuki even does nothing sometimes but stay inside his apartment and sit in front of the computer while surfing the web for the whole day.

Little by little, as time passes by, he already has the basic information that he needed to know. Such as the places that he might need to go in the future, or the important events that have happened and might happen around him. He also found out that the money he has right now is some kind of heritage from his long lost grandfather, the information about this is more complex but that's basically the surface of it, he also saw that the Yuki of this world has some relatives, but all of them are pretty distant relatives so Yuki didn't gave anymore attention to them since they are no different than strangers really. Yuki also searched for the informations of the things that he might need to use right now and in the future. Not just that but also many other more.

But Yuki knows that this is not enough, that he still needs to collect as much information as possible, especially if it's connected or related about the DMMO-RPGs that were planned to be released in the next upcoming years.

But regarding about the YGGDRASIL, there's not much information that has been released in the web yet. Only some speculations and rumors, but this is not useful enough.

While Yuki is doing some Web-Surfing. He also ordered already a Neural Nano-Interface Machine Set, trough online.

The Neural Nano-Interface is a human brain augmentation machine that allows your brain to function as a supercomputer.

This interface is used to play a DMMO-RPGs by the people of this world. (AN: As it sounds cool to type it whenever I need to say it, it's too long for me. I will only call it "NNI" from now on. Unless it was needed to be mentioned in dialogue.)

The NNI machine that Yuki ordered is a DMMO-RPG set version. It means that all the things that is much better or the things that you need if you want to play a DMMO-RPG is already in it. It includes a Neuro-Terminal, a place where you can properly use the machine without moving. It is much better and safer compare to the others and specially made for DMMO-RPG Players.

There are many more things that are included in the package, such as, VR helmet, Data chip, Neuro-core, and so on, and so forth.

∆∆∆∆∆

Of all the things that Yuki has searched, the first thing he searches for is the Map of the area around him as he needs to know where are the places he needs to go whenever he wants something.

Yuki didn't spend the following days by just staying inside his apartment. He was also going outside from time to time to buy all the things that he needed, such as clothes, accessories, foods and groceries, all the necessities and things that he wants and needed in his life since if someone were to count out the appliances that is already on Yuki's apartment when he first arrived, then its pretty much empty. So after the first day passes, he spend his following days, buying all the things and stuff he wants. The things that he didn't managed to have in his past life are now being bought out by Yuki without having any kind hesitation. In short, he was having the time of his life.

But that doesn't mean that he was recklessly spending his money on everything that his eyes will land on.

Just like what Yuki says to himself. That he will only spend a big amount of his money once the YGGDRASIL starts. Because the more money you invest in the game, the more powerful you are. It is literally a Pay-to-win game.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

It's already been Two weeks since Yuki was transported into this world.

".. Uwaah~ Nothing beats an early shower in the morning."

Right now, Yuki was coming out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a towel to cover his lower part. He just finished taking a shower as it was his daily routine before making and eating breakfast.

As he was drying his hair using a towel, he felt like he was hitting something hard behind his neck.

".. Uuh, it's been two weeks already but I can't get used to the feeling of having this thing on the back of my neck.

If you look at the Upper-Center Back of his neck, you could see a Neural Port in it. A Neural Port is the one that will allow you to connect on the NNI machine using a Neural Cord.

Once it's connected to the NNI System, It will proceed on brain augmentation which will allow your brain to function as a supercomputer and connect it to a proprietary console.

Yuki already had the Neural Port ever since he was transported to this world. He just didn't notice it on day one as he was too tired and too distracted to notice it. 

Today was supposed to be the day that the NNI machine package that he ordered, was supposed to be delivered

But while he is having his breakfast. The doorbell suddenly rang. He opened the door and saw two people standing in front.

".. Oh, hello sir. Are you Mr. Takahashi?"

"... Yes, My name is Yuki Takahashi. That's my name, Yuki." Yuki proudly and shamelessly repeated his name twice. He was too happy that he didn't need to hide his name anymore whenever he was asked.

"... Uuh, Ok~ay. Well, Nice to meet you, Mr. Yuki Takahashi. We are here to deliver a package that was sent to your address, please confirm that this is yours?" The delivery man shows him the Information about the package.

".. Ah, yes. I ordered it."

Usually, a delivery package was being delivered using a drone. But with this kind of packages, they are sometimes being delivered personally if the customer asked for installation service because some items like this are needed to be installed by some people from the manufacturers so it can work properly and be installed safely. 

But of course, if the customer says that they don't have to, they will not push it. It's still on the customer's choice.

Yuki let them in and have it set up in one of the rooms that he has prepared already. It was supposed to be a spare room that most people turn into a guest room but since having a guest in his apartment has a really lower percentage of happening, not to mention that someone will actually try to spend a night here. For Yuki, that has no plan of interacting with some of the people outside, then thats pretty much impossible. So without any hesitation, he decided to just use this as his Gaming room.

But even though he called it "Gaming Room" It's not as fancy and grandiose if you compare it to others that also has a room that is called, a Gaming room. It doesn't have any wallpapers, Anime figurines, or any different colors of LED lights in each corner of the room, It literally only had a single Computer and the NNI machine that is still being installed in it. The looks of the room, is plain and bland, but its pretty clean and neat. Some might say that its very minimalistic.

But even if the room looks so boring and bland. The only two equipment that it has in is really one of the best. The Supercomputer and the NNI machine that Yuki has are both super expensive that no normal person in this world could have.

∆∆∆∆∆

It takes a couple of hours before the NNI was completely installed and set, it's already been tested and proved running to its full capacity and doesn't have any problems.

Yuki just signed a few papers and stuff that was given to him by the two delivery men. The two of them immediately leaves after that. Yuki even offered them some snacks but they refused and say that they still have some items that needed to be delivered.

After some exchanges of courtesy, the two delivery men proceeded to leave and Yuki was finally left alone.

Out of Excitement, Yuki didn't wait anymore and immediately run back to his Gaming Room after he shut close the front door.

"... Hehe, Finally... Let's see.."

Yuki read the instructions manual for a little bit just to make sure he didn't miss something. He already knows how to use the NNI machine when he was Gathering some Information on the Internet, it was one of the first things that he has searched for.

"... Yosh, looks like it's still the same. Now, let's give this baby a test ride."

Yuki takes the VR helmet and wears it on his head. It covered half of his head but the lower part was still exposed.

He lay down on the Neuro-Terminal and make himself comfortable.

He grabs the Neural Cord and points it behind his neck, he used his other hand to locate the center of the Neural Port where the Cord was supposed to go in.

*Inhale*

*Exhale*

*Inhale*

*Exhale*

*Inhale*

*Exhale*

Actually, even though Yuki has already searched for every information about the NNI machine, he was still nervous about putting inside the Cord on his Neural Port. He was too nervous.

"... Come on, you've prepared for this, COME ON! *Inhale*

*Exhale* Alright, Alright... Here goes nothing."

He stays still for a moment, then after a minute he straightened his back and put the tip of the cord inside the Neural Port. He slowly slid it in and stop halfway.

He sucked in a large amount of air and for the very final one...

"LINKU SUTATU!"

Then, he pushes it all in.

________________________________________________________

98