Chapter 11
3k 9 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now that is a masterpiece." Yuki said as he look at the image of the avatar he just designed and created.

The image of the avatar in front of him looks really terrifying. It's like a combination of every descent monster that existed. (AN: Descent is a type of monster, look it up.)

"... Meh, I'm going to change it later anyway. I'll use this just for the sake of scaring the shit out of every new player that will saw me, hehe."

After he confirmed that he was already finished in the character design. he pressed the finish button and another list of things popped out in front of him.

But his avatar also changed into the same avatar that he designed. Now his looks and height changed and the demeanor of his character looks really terrifying but if you hear Yuki's voice, it doesn't match his image at all.

"... Hii!"

A white guy suddenly spawn beside him, and due to his extremely high luck, it turn its head to look at his side, it saw Yuki's avatar, which greatly terrifies him. He suddenly walks away because it was scaring the shit out of him.

"... Hihihihi. *Clears throat* Alright, where should I go with this?"

In front of him was a list of all the worlds he can start in YGGDRASIL.

As it can be guessed from the title, YGGDRASIL mainly refers to Norse mythology and has nine separate worlds based on it which are: Asgard, Álfheim, Vanaheim, Nidavellir, Midgard, Jötunheim, Niflheim, Helheim, and Múspellsheim. While each world is a leaf of YGGDRASIL with their own particular traits, they were estimated to be two to three times the size of Tokyo.

So even though they are called "worlds" They are really not worlds apart. It was like, all of the world's in the Norse YGGDRASIL was combined into one continent.

So meaning to say, even if you started in Asgard, you can still go towards the Midgard by just traveling on foot. But the whole map of the world is very big that even before the server shut down of the game, only 40 percent of the map has been fully explored and recorded.

Information about the YGGDRASIL's Map is extremely valuable, every bit of information that people will discover is not for free unlike in other DMMO-RPGs. Especially if it has to do with the World items.

There's a site called YGGDRASIL's Wiki. In the novel, it was said to be a famous site where important information about YGGDRASIL is posted.

YGGDRASIL Wiki apparently contains fifty of the two hundred World Items covered in their site. All of this information surrounding it and other sorts was put there by players specialized in espionage and deceit. This correlates with how attempts to steal key information will occur and because of that, owners of such items will desperately try to find a way in concealing the fact from other fellow players.

By the following rule, owners of YGGDRASIL Wiki will charge its members a fee each time they tried to gain access to certain contents and information. 

When spies of different top-ranking guilds found the information they want, it was later posted here in this wiki with the purpose of gathering intelligence from all opposing sides.

For starters, in the Novel, Ainz states that his said strength and cards he had up his sleeve as a YGGDRASIL Player made himself doubtful. This was due to the fact that the wiki got every bit of information about him in their site for the public to see in the open especially his enemies.

Since the guild Ainz Ooal Gown was one of the strongest guilds, a certain level of information about each of his guild members was extremely valuable.

Of course, Yuki wasn't worried about it, he doesn't mind if his information got publicize or anything. He can even use it too, against his enemies. 

But of course, there's no need to worry about this since YGGDRASIL's Wiki has yet to exist in the current day.

"... Now, in YGGDRASIL, If I remember it correctly. The advantageous worlds for heteromorphic players were Niflheim, Helheim, and Muspelheim. Going to other World were there's a lot of humans is a not an option. Not that I can only be hunted, but I might cause the trigger of the early racial discrimination here on the YGGDRASIL for the

Heteromorphic players, and that is a huge problem." Yuki said as he don't want to cause any big impact in the game yet since it might ruin the timeline. So he think his next moves really carefully so he can avoid some nuisance.

"... Since I choose a vampire. My weakness is quite a lot but, I think that it won't matter anymore in the long run."

Back in the [ Shadow Battle ], Yuki was described sometimes by his opponents as a very aggressive fighter, and like a wild animal. He keeps on charging towards his enemy whenever he saw a chance, a reason for not giving them even a time to think for their next move, that's why most of Yuki's opponent can't do anything other than dodging.

Vampires have a life/blood drain, creating spawn through blood drain, powerful muscular strength, and fast healing. And as an undead creature, they are effectively immortal. What could be the best racial class for Yuki other than this? It has a life drain so the longer the battle, the more it comes to his favor and less for the enemy since fatigue and hunger statuses doesn't affect him.

As an aggressive fighter, powerful muscular strength is like a meat and potato of every Fighter like Yuki. And the explanation is not already needed for the summons and fast healing. Not to mention that blood/life drain can heal much better than any type of HP potion.

"... So where do I go." Yuki look at the list of realms he can go. He think for a couple of seconds until he finally decides what realm is the most favorable to him after comparing all the realms in his mind.

For Yuki's choice, he decided to go in the realm of Niflheim.

Yuki scrolls down the list and saw the Niflheim realm. He pressed the Niflheim on the list and suddenly, a circle appears below his foot. It releases some pixelated particles throughout Yuki's body and suddenly, his virtual body slowly vanished and his vision became black again.

Yuki's vision is still black, but he can now saw his own avatar. He found out that he was standing in a black space, it was like the same to the white space where he met the God that gives him wishes.

A small screen suddenly appears in front of him. It shows the whole map of the Niflheim area in the whole map of YGGDRASIL. A text suddenly appears above the screen saying;

[ Choose your desired spawn area ]

In YGGDRASIL, if you choose the Humanoid or Demi-humans as your chosen racial class, you can spawn in any type of Town or City here in YGGDRASIL.

But if you choose as Heteromorphic, you can only choose the option of being spawn in any desired area you want, since the majority of the Heteromorphic race is not allowed to enter in any types of town or city in YGGDRASIL.

"... Well, better not be in the center....."

Yuki chooses to be spawn at the very bottom part of the map. Yuki did make sure that he will be spawn at the very edge of NIFLHEIM since this is one of the three worlds in YGGDRASIL that as you go deeper at the very center of it, the more it will become much more dangerous, both the monsters and terrains.

Yuki chooses the area where there are swamps. He pressed it and suddenly, everything around him changed, and not long after that, he finds himself standing in the middle of swamps.

"... Alright, finally I'm in-game. No monsters around the area other than me and that's good."

Yuki looks at his map and saw that there are no monsters around the area yet.

He checked the body of his avatar and noticed that he was glowing. He looks at his status and saw that he was in [ INVISIBLE ] mode.

"... Must be an effect if you have just spawned in the area to avoid getting killed immediately."

This mode will only last for two minutes so if a player found himself in the middle of monsters or PKs, he will have time to get away and hide.

Yuki opened his console and goes towards his inventory and saw an item in one of the slots.

[ Gift ]

He opened up the [ Gift ] and he received various things.

[ You received 10,000 gold coins ]

[ You received an Exp boost ticket *24hrs (1) ]

[ You received a Weapon Cart (1) ]

[ You received a Night Pearl (1) ]

"... Oh, some items, and an exp boost? Ok~ay. What's a night Pearl? That doesn-"

*Ting!*

Before he can even check his received items, he suddenly heard a new Notification on his inbox. He quickly checks the notification and presses the message to read its contents.

============================

[ Attention! ]

An Achievement has been achieved.

You are the very first "Player" to pick a Monster class in the whole YGGDRASIL. You are the very first one to choose the Way of monsters.

It will all start with you. You will be the Beginning.

============================

[ Congratulations! You will be rewarded for being the first one to pick the Monster class. You will be given a new Racial Class for being the very first Monster. ]

[ You have unlocked a new Racial Class, The "Origin" ]

[ Do you want to use your new Racial Class ]

"... Oh?"

____________________________________________________

106