Chapter 16
2.6k 17 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been two years already since the release of the DMMO-RPG: YGGDRASIL. As Time goes by, the game itself became much more bigger and famous causing more players to join and play the game.

Almost every week, YGGDRASIL is the Hot topic for every gaming enthusiast in Japan.

Unlike the first months, the game now is much livelier. Back in the day when Yuki just started playing the game, he rarely has encounters with other Players, even if he goes to another world. The player base is just that few back then. 

Yuki even feels lonely sometimes. He feels like, he's the only Player in this game. Not that it bothers him that much. He's so used to being alone anyways.

But ever since the game became so popular, he can now interact with Players in every part of the area he was in as much as he can.

He even made new friends inside the game.

Occasionally, he will go and join Party with them, then go for some dungeon raids and quests. Events too if Yuki needs them.

If an Event has been announced where one needs to have a team-first before being able to join, then Yuki will immediately find some team he can join. But if being solo is fine, then Yuki will join alone.

Through all the months and years that Yuki played the game, he didn't play alone every time. Unlike what he originally wants to do. 

But it's not like "he did not", it's more of a, "he simply just can't". As he ventures deep towards the center of a world, the difficulty rises that even Yuki himself, finds it too dangerous already, that he can't proceed without having a team to assist him. 

Currently, Yuki can still manage the level of difficulty he's facing. But he knows that he cannot take everything alone, since being a level 100 inside the game doesn't mean that you can beat anything already.

But in the current standards of every normal Players inside the game, Yuki is way too ahead already. There's a reason why his only worries are the Monsters and Bosses he might face inside the game. But for the Players, even though he's being hunt occasionally by multiple parties of angry Players, he couldn't care less.

He's the current Rank 1 in the overall Ranking List. The one that tops everyone in any aspect. The hailed Strongest Player...

But this is not a surprising fact.

Since Yuki played YGGDRASIL like a madman with minimal breaks and spends a ton of money on it, this is an inevitable outcome.

Unlike other players that have other things to do in real life, Yuki is the opposite. He spends his whole day playing YGGDRASIL and takes only a break if he needs to sleep or gets hungry.

He grinds Exps as much as he can and buy all the strong and good items that he might need or basically buying everything off. 

He also has a lot of strong Items, Unique Spells, Powerful Skills, Jobs and Racial classes that only he has. 

He has a lot of resources that obviously, many players don't.

And that's what makes Yuki strong.

During those two years of Playing, nothing really special happened. Everything is normal, grinding Exps, Raiding some dungeons, and occasionally, he will encounter some unfortunate PKers. Not just normal PKers, but those Players that do PK for a living.

In the first year of YGGDRASIL, the discrimination about the Monster class had grown worse to the point where it almost became part of the game. 

Many Players kill and hunt Heteromorphic Players regardless of the situation just because it's what they call "The efficient way".

Thus, the age where heteromorphic players were being hunted down by Groups of Players has officially begun.

Many Heteromorphic Players had started to hide or go towards the worlds where they can be safe. Where least PKers can be found roaming around.

But the most common World where the majority of Heteromorphic Players choose to hide is the Niflheim. That's the most popular World where many sought sanctuary.

When Yuki first heard about this, he was confused.

".. Huh, Why the Niflheim?"

Yuki was really confused about, why would the Players see Niflheim as a safe world for Heteromorphics.

Yuki searched for the reason on the internet. Once he found his answer, he was surprised.

Apparently, there's news about a strong Heteromorphic Player that likes to PK every Humanoid Players there. It likes to roam around the edge part of Niflheim, that's why whenever a Humanoid Player goes there, they will be immediately attacked. Many players have already become a victim, that's why a lot of Humanoid players avoided that World.

There's even a rumor that says; it is really not a real player but a guardian of the Heteromorphic Race in that world. Because it only attacks the other race and not the Heteromorphics.

There's still a lot of articles regarding about the subject, but Yuki can probably guess already that all these articles, talk about him.

He indeed encountered and PKed a lot of Humanoid players, but he is not going around, killing all Humanoid Players he sees like some bloodthirsty psychopath. It's just that, all the Humanoid Players he had met so far, were either PKers, or some angry dudes that want to personally hunt him down.

And it's not like Human is the only race he PKs, there are others too.

Just like any other PKers, Yuki also has the same status cause he too PKs a lot. Not just Human but Demi-human and Heteromorphics too. 

For Demi-humans, Yuki encounters them a lot actually since the majority of normal parties consist of at least one or two Demi-Human. Same for PKers parties.

For Heteromorphics, are just a bunch of morons that tried to fight Yuki after seeing his equipment. Yuki is a neutral Player, before someone decides to attack him or do PK when he's around.

But at that moment, Yuki finally understands the reason for the Niflheim being the Safe haven for the Heteromorphic Players. Heteromorphic Players thought of him as a means to scare off the PKers. But more Heteromorphic that choose to come here, many PKers would come and takes no mind about Yuki's existence as the "Protector". But for Yuki that sees every PKers as nothing but a walking bag of Exps and Items, this is a Win-Win situation.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

On Yuki's apartment.

"... Hmm." Yuki expressed as he eats a spoonful of fried rice, followed up by a slice of meat.

"... Dyam, Dish ish goov."

Yuki just logged out from the game a moment ago and is currently having lunch.

*[ Aaah~ O— Onii-Chan! Aaah~ Yame— Aah~ Yamete kudasai! Yaaah~ ]*

While watching some "Anime" on the TV.

Moments later...

"... Thank you for the food." Yuki said as he clasped both his hand.

He just finished eating. 

Then he does what he does every day. His usual routine after eating lunch.

He took the plates, clean the table where he ate, then washes the dishes. After this, he changed clothes then go outside for a stroll.

An hour later, he comes back.

He puts aside all the things he bought, does some more things, appreciates life, watches more "Anime", and when all those things are done, just then, he'll finally go into his Gaming Room.

"... Alright, *sigh* Let's grind as usual." Yuki said as he lay down on his NNA machine, planning to dive back into YGGDRASIL again.

*Tooot!*

"... Hmm?"

But when he was about to put the VR helmet on, he suddenly heard his Phone's notification.

He opened up his phone to see what it is.

[ Mail +1 ]

"... What's is this?" 

He saw that one of his friends inside the game had sent him a Mail. Normally, they wouldn't contact him this way if it isn't important but since they did, Yuki immediately checked what's the mail about, feeling excited already.

".. Hmm.... Oh Sh*t! Finally HAHAHA!" Yuki laughed like a madman.

When he read the context of the message, he was really happy about it. Yuki knows that the content of the mail is good, but not this good. He's expecting some new Event, Quest, or Boss Location, but turns out, it's more than that.

What's inside the mail is the thing that he is waiting to happen ever since he started playing YGGDRASIL. It's one of the major events that he's constantly preparing for.

"After all this time..."

Out of all the long text that is written inside the Mail, Yuki is only focused on a certain part.

[ World Tournament Event ]

"... Finally. It's here."

______________________________________________________

Join my Patreon to read the advance Chapters.

103