Chapter 17
2.6k 11 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

".. Log in" 

Today is Yuki's awaited day. The day of the World Tournament Event.

It's been ten days already since the first announcement of the Event.

The day when it was announced, many had been so hyped up to the point that the majority of players in YGGDRASIL have been expected to participate.

The only reason why there are still some players that did not is either because, they are still low level, or don't have any good types of equipment. 

But the ones that are almost or already at the peak and have really good equipment, will surely join.

There's no way that any player will let this event pass through them without even joining or at least trying. Especially after the rewards have been announced.

Not only the winners will get a Unique Job class, but the Developers will also give a special piece of equipment, befitting the status of a World Tournament Champion.

That's why all the Players are going crazy. They're doing all the things they can just so they can make themselves even more strong. They're grinding materials, buying all the important stuff, and leveling up all the classes that they need to level up.

Every participant is desperate. If it's an item that might increase their chance of winning even by the slightest, they'll do anything to get it. Anything just for the sake of winning.

Of course, with this kind of environment, Yuki wasn't an exemption. Even though he's expecting this day and already planning about it even from the very first day he started playing this game, he still did some last-minute preparations just in case something did not go as he planned. 

He still doesn't know the rules and the criteria, so there might be something different compare to what he except the World Tournament is going to be like. Even though he already knows that this Event will happen at some point, he's still going in with a blind eye, just like any other Players.

But his preparation compares to the others is pretty minor. It's just all about checking some leaked informations and stuff. Nothing about his character or anything like that. He did grind and find materials, but he's always doing that so what he did during these past days is not really for the Tournament.

Unlike anyone, he had long prepared the pieces of equipment he'll use for this very day. Like at least a year ago. He's just making some constant upgrades and variations in it. It's like a year-old pair of items that have been carefully brewed with high-grade materials till this very point. 

But since the awaited day is finally here, none of that matters any longer. Now is the day of revelations. Yuki can finally see if what he did during these Two years are already enough. 

The outcome of this Event will change Yuki's upcoming decisions and plans for the future. Even the Plans he already made will be affected as well. 

But either way, Yuki has no intention of losing this Event. 

*Murmurs*

"... Now, where are those idiots."

Yuki is currently standing in the middle of the 'Waiting Room' inside the YGGDRASIL.

He can see a lot of Players around. Some are meeting with their friends, some are minding their own business, and some are just doing nothing at all, which is weird.

*Tut*

While looking around, Yuki suddenly received a notification from his console. He opens up his console and checks the notification list.

[ You have received an invitation from your friend, Bread Pitt. ]

[ Accept / Declined ]

"... Oh, there they are."

Yuki pressed the accept button and just right after that, he suddenly disappeared in the Waiting Room. 

Yuki, after vanishing, had found himself in some small plain room with a long table and many chairs in the corners.

[ Bread Pitt ]: eya~ there you are Raizel-san.

[ IYELLALOT ]: Yeah, you're quite late today.

[ Buh Buh Bacon ]: That's very unusual for you, consider that you have nothing to do in your life but play games.

[Kentuckycriedfricken]: Hahahaha.

He was suddenly greeted by a bunch of Heteromorphic Players that occupied this room first before Yuki.

But obviously, Yuki knows who these four are. They are his friends. Though he has yet to meet them in real life, they already know each other inside the game and have been playing together for a while now.

All their avatars are different, highlighting their different Racial Classes.

Bread Pitt is an Automaton, therefore his appearance is a robot. IYELLALOT is an insect so his appearance is a giant insect. Buh Buh Bacon and Kentuckycriedfricken are both slimes, but due to a Cosmetic Skin, their appearances are also different.

"... Well, what can I say? My girlfriend won't let me sleep last night." [😋] Yuki said while gesturing like he's saying "What can I do about it?"

[ Buh Buh Bacon ]: Yeah right~ Good joke buddy. [😒]

[ Kentuckycriedfricken ]: *Sigh*~ Well, that aside. We're lacking time already. Let's talk about the most important stuff, shall we? I still need to prepare after this.

[ Bread Pitt ]: Oh yeah, about that. What world did you choose guys? Cause I'm thinking of choosing Nidavellir for this tournament. You know, just for the change. I haven't been in any other worlds besides Niflheim so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[ IYELLALOT ]: Well, you do you. But for me, I'm still sticking on my good ol' Niflheim. I'm quite a patriotic man you see.[😌]

[ Buh Buh Bacon ]: Yeah me too. I don't think I can win in another world since there's a lot of skilled Players there. They're going to destroy me. What can I do? I'm just a cute slime. [🥺]

[ Kentuckycriedfricken ]: Well, I'm also the same. Going to another world is too risky, but since you have a lot of battle skills, I think that you'll be fine.

[ Bread Pitt ]: Yeah, but I'm still thinking about it though. I might change my mind later once I see the selections. Anyway, how about you Raizel-san, what world did you choose?

"... Well, of course, Niflheim." Yuki said so casually.

[ IYELLALOT ]: Wow~ Raizel-san. Are you that desperate?

[ Kentuckycriedfricken ]: I never thought that you were this low.

[ Buh Buh Bacon ]: Did you ever thought about the efforts that we— No! All the players in Niflheim just to prepare in this tournament? Join in another world!

[ Bread Pitt ]: Y-yeah, that's a bit— Ah~ like cheating, Raizel-san.

".. Meh~ Git gud." Yuki shrugs them off.

[ Buh Buh Bacon ]: You are just lucky that you played earlier than us!

".. What can I do? I can't trust Niflheim to you guys. Your asses will surely be demolished. Since that's the case anyway, might as well do it myself.

[ IYELLALOT ]: Wow, this guy doesn't have trust in us. [😧]

[ Buh Buh Bacon ]: GAME ON B*TCH! 1v1 me right now! I'll show you how strong I've become! [🤬]

"... Hahaha! Go away kid. Learn how to walk first before you spit some bullsh*t." [😂]

[ Bread Pitt ]: Guys. GUYS! Calm down.

[ Buh Buh Bacon ]: WHAT!? You're on this guy's side?

[ Bread Pitt ]: No! I mean, Raizel-san is probably correct. You know, I searched it up on YGGDRASIL wiki last night and I saw that there are so many players from other worlds that plan to choose Niflheim as their base World for the Tournament. Admit it or not, Raizel-san is the only one who can face them."

[ IYELLALOT ]: Well Bread-san has a point. That would suck if the winner and chosen to be the World Champion of our world is not even from Niflheim.

[ Bread Pitt ]: They're probably taking the advantage of the fact that there are only a few strong Players there. Not just in Niflheim, but in Helheim and Muspelheim too.

"... So, now that you guys know this already, I suggest that you should just pick another world as your target. Those three worlds are taking all the aggro. All the strongest in other worlds are probably going to flock around there, so you should avoid it and pick another one. Just leave Niflheim to me."

[ Kentuckycriedfricken ]: *sigh* Oh well, it's not like we can do anymore about it.

[ Bread Pitt ]: Yeah. That's what I planned to do anyway.

[ Buh Buh Bacon ]: No! I'm still staying. I've been preparing for this too you know? At least if you lose, the Niflheim still has me.[😤]

"... Hahaha! Alright then. Do your best."

[ IYELLALOT ]: Then if tha—

*Ting*

A noise had suddenly rung out and grabbed all their attention. 

It was a notification.

They all look at their consoles and to see what it is.

[ The World Tournament will start in a few moments. ]

[ To all Players that wish to participate, please navigate your Console to pick a Base World you wish to Join. ]

".. Well, looks like it's starting."

[ Buh Buh Bacon ]: Yeah.

[ IYELLALOT ]: Alright, looks like after this, some of us might meet each other as enemies.

[ Bread Pitt ]: Unfortunately, yeah.

[ Buh Buh Bacon ]: Give it with all you got or I will destroy your asses.

[ Kentuckycriedfricken ]: Oh well, can't afford to get late. I'm getting tense already so, I think it's time to cut our a little meeting here.

".. Yeah, let's just talk after this event. And be sure to congratulate me cause I'll surely win this one."

[ Bread Pitt ]: Yeah. You better be.

[ Buh Buh Bacon ]: If I lose that is.

".. Hai hai~"

[ IYELLALOT ]: Anyway, I'll be going ahead, I'm also excited about this. Bye everyone~

[ Bread Pitt ]: Yeah, see y'all on the stage.

[ Buh Buh Bacon ]: Okay, Good luck.

[ Kentuckycriedfricken ]: Yeah, Best of luck everyone. Bye~

"... Yeah, See y'all there."

After that, they all vanished into the room one by one until no one is left.

After leaving, Yuki appeared in the position he was in earlier. 

Just like the Notification stated earlier, Yuki navigated his console and look for the menu where he can enter the World Tournament.

After a couple of moments, he finally saw what he's looking for. 

He then filled up everything that he needs to fill and after that, a button had appeared on his screen that he need to click so he can enter the Event grounds.

He didn't click the Button right away as he needs to do one last thing before that.

He pulled up his inventory console and arrange something on his items and equipment for a moment. 

After a moment of fidgeting with his screen and making sure that everything is in place, he goes over to his Status Console and changes some of his equipped Classes.

"... Alright, that should be it."

He looks at it for a moment just to make sure that everything is in order before closing it and going back to the console window where the entry button is located.

".. Alright, let's freaking win this sh*t." Yuki said with a tone full of confidence, as if he just did something that made him the winner already.

After that, he finally clicks the [ Enter ] button without any hesitation then vanishes once again.

*Fireworks SFX*

But for some reason, after he vanished, confetti and small fireworks had sprung out from his previous spot that greatly surprised the nearby Players.

___________________________________________________________

IGN: Cadis Etrama Di Raizel

Gender: Male

Race: Undead / Heteromorphic

Level: 100

_____________________

Hp: 489

_____________________

Mp: 50+

_____________________

Phy Atk: 100

_____________________

Phy Def: 420

_____________________

Agility: 100

_____________________

Mag Atk: 100

_____________________

Mag Def: 447

_____________________

Resist: 100

_____________________

Special: 100

_____________________

Total Stats: 1,956

Vampire (10)

Arch Vampire (5)

Origin (5)

__________________________________

Weapon Master (10)

Blood Drinker (10)

Progenitor (5)

Eternity (5)

Negator (5)

Monarch (5)

Fighter (10)

Armored Mage (5)

Elementalist (10)

Slayer (5)

Striker (5)

Prince of Niflheim (5)

________________________________________________________

Join my Patreon to read the advance chapters.

93