Chapter 18
2.6k 6 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After clicking the Entry button for the World Tournament, Yuki just found himself standing in the middle of a small white room

"... Wow, this room is so lively." Yuki said as he looks around and sees nothing but white walls.

He is alone in the room. Yuki even thought that the room looks like a confinement cell for Crazy people. 

*Tut*

"... Hmm?"

Suddenly, while minding his own thoughts about the room, a timer had appeared above him.

[ Please be prepared within the given time. ]

[ 10:00 ]

 It is the timer that indicates the start of the event. But for some reason, the timer isn't counting down.

"... Is it a bug?" Yuki said as he tried to think of some possible advantages if what's happening is really a bug.

*Blink*

But sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. Cause just after that, a screen suddenly appeared in front of him. 

In it, is a list that shows all the Nine Worlds. And above the choices, is a note that tells Yuki to choose the world where he wishes to fight.

[•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••]

Asgard — [ 0089/5000 ]

Helheim — [ 0248/5000 ]

Jötunheim — [ 0074/5000 ]

Midgard — [ 0059/5000 ]

Múspellsheim — [ 0321/5000 ]

Niflheim — [ 0559/5000 ]

Niðavellir — [ 0187/5000 ]

Vanaheim — [ 0213/5000 ]

Álfheim — [ 0128/5000 ]

[•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••]

At the corner of each choice, it shows a column of numbers that rapidly increase as the moment goes by, and it didn't take that long before each column had four digits already.

"... So. Only 45 thousand can join?"

Any person can tell that these numbers indicate the capacity of Players that can only join in a particular world. 

It's hasn't been a minute since these choices appeared but Nifleheim is almost at the peak of its capacity already. 

And so the other choices...

[•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••]

Asgard — [ 3579/5000 ]

Helheim — [ 4248/5000 ]

Jötunheim — [ 3774/5000 ]

Midgard — [ 2959/5000 ]

Múspellsheim — [ 4821/5000 ]

Niflheim — [ 4859/5000 ]

Niðavellir — [ 3187/5000 ]

Vanaheim — [ 4213/5000 ]

Álfheim — [ 4428/5000 ]

[•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••]

".. Ah, sh*t!"

Yuki hurriedly pressed the Enter button and choose Niflheim. He dozed off for some reason and forgot that he has yet to pick his choice, but thankfully, he managed to enter before it became full. 

And in a few seconds after that, all Nine Worlds had reached the maximum capacity.

*TUUTT!*

[09:58]

Then the timer above has finally start counting down. Indicating that after it hits zero, the Tournament will officially start.

A screen had also appeared in front of Yuki. In it are the rules and information for the upcoming Tournament.

The rules are not that long.

".. I see. That's something."

Yuki read the rules and information really quickly. It didn't even take him a couple of seconds

Although he seemingly just skimmed through it all, Yuki had understood everything. The rules for each fight, how the Tournament is going to be, and what are the multiple conditions. It's the same as how he thought it would be. It's all within his expectations.

"... Good thing that they didn't change something."

Yesterday, there are many leaked information that has been sold on YGGDRASIL's Wiki, and Yuki obviously, is one of the people who bought some of it. Although the authenticity isn't sure, Yuki doesn't care. All he wants is some knowledge that he can use for comparisons. 

That's why when he saw the official Rules and Informations, he already know what each of them means, cause even though it's not exactly the same, it's quite similar to what he bought yesterday.

"... Alright. Let's bring out the bad boys." Yuki said he closes the window panels in front of him and brought out his inventory.

What Yuki's intent by doing this is so that he can equip an armor. Ever since he logged in earlier, he's not actually wearing the Equipment he intends to use for the World Tournament. 

What he's wearing up to this point is all normal looking, that is if you were to compare it on what he likes to call "The Overpowered Sets", the same sets of equipment that he wanted to use for today's event.

He clicked and swipe some stuff and operates the panel for a couple of moments and right after all that, all of a sudden, his whole body got engulfed with light.

The light started fading after a couple of seconds and once it does, Yuki's whole body got revealed, together with his new pair of Armor. 

But if someone, that knows Yuki well, sees him right now, they'll surely notice that Yuki is wearing a different Armor. Not just for this moment but an actual different kind of Armor.

Unlike the usual, Yuki isn't wearing Light Armor. Right now, he is wearing a Full black Plated Armor, from head to the very bottom. 

This whole thing is an Armor that came from his Overpowered Sets, an Overpowered Armor. 

But some might question why is it a full-plated one? For Yuki that likes using Light Armor to choose a full plated one, this is a very weird and sudden turn.

But it's not like Yuki hates Full Plated Armors in the first place, he just has more reason to wear the Light ones. 

Base on the image of Yuki's current Armor, It really is different from the Light Armors that Yuki used to wear, but for the capabilities, this Full Plated Armor has something similar to what every Light Armor has, the something that makes Yuki use Light Armors in the first place. The lightness.

Even though this Armor is a Hard plated Armor, it does not affect his agility at all, in fact, it's even being boosted. There's a reason why Players that have Classes that rely heavily on their agility, do not wear Plated Armors despite the great defense it offers. It's due to the weight. The higher the defense of an Armor is, the heavier it gets, and the heavier your armor is, the slower you become.

And for Yuki that speed is everything, that's a big no.

But his current Armor— no, not just his current, but all his "Overpowered Armors" are different. None of his OP Armors are Light Armor, all of them are Full Plated ones, and each has the same properties of not affecting his Agility once wore.

The current Armor that Yuki's wearing is a Divine class item. That means, it is an item that Yuki made. The amount of Data Crystals and Rare Materials that Yuki spent on each Equipment that belongs to his OP sets are already enough to make any Players in YGGDRASIL lost their minds.

The Armor that Yuki currently wears is packed with Buffs and Effects that literally made the Equipment, a nonsensical Item.

For example, Yuki decreased the weight of this Armor too much that it's almost non-existent. He made it this way so it would feel like he's just wearing clothes, while he still had a Defense that is much greater than most Heavy Armor could offer.

"... Good." Yuki muttered as he stretches his arm in some direction, seemingly to try the Armor's flexibility. Though he just made it out of habit cause he himself knows that there's no way a flexibility problem would occur.

Seeing that his Armor looks relatively fine, Yuki looks at his inventory again, wanting to pull out his next Equipment. 

Yuki reached out his hand towards the Panel and right after he did that, a long weapon that looks to be a spear had come out. Just like his Armor, this Spear is also a part of the Overpowered Set, has a lot of Buff and Effects, and is different from the one that he usually uses. 

After giving the Spear a few thrusts and swings to familiarize himself with it, he then equipped the remaining items that he still needs to equip. After all that, he pulled out a mirror and stand in front of it to look at himself.

"... Damn I look good."

He takes his time, appreciating his own piece of work. After feeling enough, he then decided to finally put the Helm on his head, covering his whole scary face.

[ 00:11 ]

Once he looks at the timer again, he saw that it's almost time.

"... Alright. Let's meet my first punching bag."

He readied himself and take a quick look at his console for one last time just to check if everything was alright.

[ 00:03 ]

[ 00:02 ]

[ 00:01 ]

[ 00:00 ]

"... Here we go."

*Tuuuutt!*

The preparation time is finally over. Yuki prepares himself as he suddenly disappeared in the Preparation room at the same time when the notification sound had rung.

∆∆∆∆∆∆

*Swoosh*

Yuki suddenly arrived in a big white room. It is massive and has a similar build as the preparation room, but 20 times bigger, and the ground is made of dirt.

But this time, Yuki is not alone. When he glanced in the far front of him, he saw that someone is also standing there.

He and that someone had arrived in this room at the same time and obviously, this is Yuki's opponent.

The World Tournament had officially started.

His opponent is a Demi-human, a Minotaur to be exact. His build is much bigger than Yuki, and his body was much more buffed due to the full armor that he is wearing, but unlike Yuki, his head was exposed. He is not wearing any type of Helm. He is not holding any weapon, but he has a pair of giant gauntlets.

"... Let's see~ A Legacy or... A relic class? Meh, either way, it looks pretty weak." Yuki said as he looks at his opponent's Equipment. Though what he said isn't 100 percent sure since he did not and cannot use any Detection Spell. What he said is just purely based on his own opinion.

[ 10 ]

...

[ 9 ]

...

Suddenly, a Timer had appeared above them again and started counting down. It didn't need to explain everything since all the players had already been given a list of information and rules about the tournament, so Yuki and every participant are expected to know what to do at this moment already.

[ 2 ]

....

[ 1 ]

Yuki clenched his spear and position his feet for a stance.

[ 0 ]

*IIIINNGG!!!*

*Dugsh!*

The moment that the timer hits zero, Yuki immediately bursts and rushes towards the Minotaur.

" [ Haste ], [ Quick March ]" Yuki immediately chant a tier spell and his body glowed twice.

Yuki's speed had increased and he is now moving towards the Minotaur at a very fast-paced.

"... That's right, Come right at me." said by the Minotaur.

The Minotaur wasn't surprised by this. He immediately reacted by raising his arm and throw a heavy straight punch towards the incoming Yuki. But since the punch was aiming towards Yuki's face, Yuki easily dodges it by going all fours on the ground. Yuki immediately raised his Spear from the side and made a slash towards the legs of the Minotaur.

The Minotaur was not fast enough to block or dodge the attack, this should be the case, but when Yuki's attack is about to land, a barrier had suddenly erupted and covered up the Minotaur's whole body. 

*Tagsh!*

The barrier managed to block Yuki's attack, but right after that, the barrier shattered like glass. Surprising both Yuki and the Minotaur.

"... Hou." Yuki is surprised because his attack was stopped. 

While the Minotaur is more surprised about the fact that his barrier had been cast.

"... Sh*t!" The Minotaur for some reason, after this, had become extremely anxious as he immediately pulled back his arm and punch down towards Yuki.

But like a frog, Yuki immediately leaps away to dodge the attack. The punch hits the ground and the moment it did, it was like a bomb has been dropped there.

*BOOM!*

".. Woah, a min-max player?" Yuki was once again, surprised about this since the power of that punch was no joke. Yuki thought that the Minotaur had invested the majority of his points on Physical Attack that's why the punch was so strong.

"... Heh, then this is even more easier."

But Yuki was not feeling scared or nervous about it, in fact, he feels even more at ease.

After all that, Yuki didn't waste any more time and immediately rush back towards the Minotaur and engaged in a fight with him again.

Yuki didn't have a hard time Dodging all the Minotaur's attacks since his agility was really high, he can also land his attacks successfully. Anyone can see that this fight is pretty one-sided, that Yuki will have no problem winning this one, but the fight was prolonged for some reason.

The fight lasted for another minute before the winner was finally announced.

Yuki finished the fight by impaling the Minotaur's head from the back of his spear. Yuki didn't even drop a single virtual sweat at this match. If more, the moment the fight ends is like Yuki saying that he doesn't want to fight any longer.

Yuki had only treated this match as his warm-up round. That's the only reason why this match lasted for a whole another minute, since Yuki can finish the match right from the very beginning if he wants to.

[ You Won ]

The two of them suddenly vanished from the big white room after it announced that Yuki is the winner.

Yuki was teleported back to the preparation room and he sees that another ten minutes had appeared on the timer again.

"... *Sigh* That was pretty easy." Yuki said as he brought out a chair that he could sit on.

*Tut!*

Suddenly, a screen had popped up in front of him and it shows an enormous bracket of Players that also joined the World Tournament. 

*Ting*

*Ting*

*Ting*

...

Together with a joyful sound effects, It zoomed in at his column and saw that his name, 'Cadiz Etrama Di Raizel' had moved up to the next round.

"... Heh, looks like they're winning too."

Yuki said as he looked up his friends' names in the brackets and saw that they all won their first matches as well.

A couple of minutes had passed, Yuki looked up in the timer again and saw that it's almost time for the next round already.

[ 00:03 ]

[ 00:02 ]

[ 00:01 ]

".. Yosh~ Here we go again~."

[ 00:00 ]

The moment the timer had hit the zero, he suddenly disappeared into the preparation room, again.

________________________________

|×××××××××××××××××××××××××|

[ Turtling Bracer ]

— If the 𝗨𝘀𝗲𝗿 would take damage that is strong enough to be lethal, a shield that can absorb a fixed amount of incoming damage will be cast.

𝗦𝗵𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗱 𝗗𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆: 150 ( HP based )

𝗦𝗵𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗱 𝗗𝘂𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻: 5 Seconds

𝗖𝗼𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻: 10 hours

( 𝗢𝗻 𝗛𝗶𝘁 ) — Gain 10 bonus physical damage whenever the 𝗨𝘀𝗲𝗿 does a Bludgeoning Attack.

+10 Magical Defense

+5 Physical Defense

Durability: 85%

|×××××××××××××××××××××××××|

____________________________________________

Join my Patreon to support this fanfic and read the advanced chapters. It will motivate me a lot to continue writing.

96