Arrival (Part 2)
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--Back at Tate's position--

   A scout came atop his mount to the side of Tate, taking a deep breath he gave out his report.

??? 2: Sire, we have caught eyes on what appears to be scouts up in the highlands. We were unable to track them down, so we are unaware of their affiliation be they with the caravan or the bandits.

Tate: Hand out the order to double the work effort on the camp fortifications, it may or may not be the caravan but a little extra security just in case is in order. Double the patrols and please do not forget to tell the others as they return, I want everyone working and on alert.

As time passed on the rest of the cavalry group came back in a trinkle, a bit at a time till they all came back from their assignment. Tate armed with new information was sure if not already the river did lead northward into the Midlands. A key piece of information that could help the caravan, it meant that the Midlands weren't as baren as they once thought. The river probably only traveled north in the first stretch before slowly turning in a south east direction to the ocean's shores. This simply due to the fact that to the west and further north of the Midlands are more mountains in the way. The Midlands were surrounded on three sides by mountains causing the unceremonious nick name of the H-Range. It also means there is a possibility of a tributary coming down south from the north, that could mean a forest, maybe even a swamp, or at the very least lush ground in what would otherwise be barren desert and dry grasslands.

_________________________________

   While things at the caravan slowly became more lively with the return of all the scouts and hunters, another group was sent further ahead carrying the house's symbol towards the snow capped area. Partly in hope that the cavalry seen was from the caravan and partly out of practicality.

Drago and the rest of his harem were in the carriage, white enough to blend in the snow if not for it's red trims.

Drago: How was your expedition girls?

Aireal: It was beautiful! We got to see some of the snow fly in a small circle, itvwas a miniature tornado!

Crystal: Hmm, I was watching the animals, the ones with six legs.

Drago: O, so you were studying them?--

_________________________________

--Port town Franveea--

   The ocean was beautiful, shinning and glistening from the reflecting sunlight. The sky a clear blue without a single cloud in sight to tarnish it's appearance and the cool breeze of the ocean air? Just enough to beat the baking heat of the sun. The bay itself was shaped like a 'U' making it a natural harbor. Buildings of various sizes that looked old due to the whitewash slowly losing its pristine white color and the unpolished trims of the buildings did the look of the town no favor. All in all, the town had a sort of rustic feeling to it.

Ships carrying the sigil of house Dravno (drav-no) pulled into port and began docking. The ramparts to allow unloading came down from the ship that carried a bright blue flag atop the Dravno symbol and men armed and armored came out, each and everyone of them human. In the center of the group a old man and two women dressed in fancy clothes that allowed one to pick up their status within the group, aside from being guarded by the guards that is.

??? 3: How much longer must we go to finish the journey?

??? 4: Maria, it is called the two year long stretch for a reason, we only have half a year left to go. Than we will be on the third continent where the frontier is.

Maria: Ha, I don't sopose you could get the boats to go any faster, father?

Father: No, just relax go shopping, something while we are at port. I have matters to tend to and the rest of my captains to meet.

Maria: If you were going to kill him why bother arranging our marriage?

Father: I am preparing for the event where I might need to kill him, there is a difference.

??? 5: Come on you two, the sun will bore of you at this rate.

Father: Yes dear, take Maria with you!

0