Gamers Mind vs Demon Serpent
296 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chao Hong jumped onto the head of the Jormunconda which resembled a demonic serpent more than a martial spirit, with a beast like this as a martial spirit he would be nigh unbeatable on the Cao Lo continent given that this beast in the wild typically was an invasive species that ruled whatever territory it invaded... why did I know that without asking my helper?

Helper: 'Due to hosts excessive knowledge of cultivation series, host has innate knowledge about the nature of Martial Spirits and Martial Techniques, Host can unlock skills for every achievement Chao Fan makes, you are allowed to buy 3 skills off the start of the Spirit Core Realm or below'

The word excessive seemed like too much.

Lance: 'Hey now, I didn't read THAT mu-

Helper: 'host completed 5,836 full novels totaling 10,924,371 pages over your 22 year life with a 500% increase after you were hospitalized by-'

Lance: 'OK I GET IT!!!'

The words hurt to hear but I couldn't deny that they were true, I had thrown myself into the world of fiction instead of dealing with the real world, fiction was predictable, in my control. Maybe that's why I adjusted so well to this new world. Judging off types of moves most useful in cultivation series I picked my first three. Spirit Core Realm was at the level of elders of great sects in this world, 2 realms below Chao Hong though.

Lance: Careful Chao Fan, Ruo Hong can't exert full power in this low level world, as she is now, she is roughly on par with the Jormunconda, you will need to be smart with how you play. 

Chao Fan: Play?

Lance: Of course, when having a non lethal PVP battle what else can it be called besides play? 

Chao Fan: But I've never been through this "PeeVeePee" 

I see, so instead of a martial spirit I was more of a player than I initially thought, or would I be a tutorial system? now while I'm sure Chao Hong would be a competent warrior with decades of experience under his belt and hundreds of battles, but I was a gamer who had knowledge of the skills and abilities of each martial spirit.

Chao Hong: 3 2 1 BEGIN!

Chao Hong immediately had his serpent shoot out breath of pure poisonous fire essence at Chao Fan.

Ruo Hong: Mere Brea-

Lance: Chao Fan Dodge Left.

Chao Fan followed my instructions and immediately dodged to the left with Ruo Hong as the breath struck the ground.

Ruo Hong: Master?! even though I am far weaker than my prime I would be able to deflect that breath with no problems.

Lance: Don't be an idiot.

Ruo Hong: Eh?!

Lance: They are of a high enough compatibility level to communicate telepathically and obviously the Jormunconda knows you are of a similar threat level or even greater yet it still decided to compete with you in a battle of power. Either Chao Hong is an idiot which in terms of battling he isn't... or it's a trap to stall you while the much more powerful Chao Hong attacks the inexperienced Chao Fan.

Ruo Hong was shocked.

Ruo Hong: COWARDLY SCUM! have you no honor as  warriors?!

normally this would be intimidating in her normal size however she was basically a medium sized dog barking at a giant dragon. 

Ruo Hong: I've seen far too much of this world and the next to care about petty things like honor. do you think the beasts who will eat you care about honor? Would those you are about to kill care about something like honor when cornered?

He was correct in saying that Ruo Hong was too naive, while it may be hard for others to understand it was an easy conclusion to make when considering that Ruo Hong spent so much time being worshiped on the upper worlds so her perspective of the world was skewed towards the sense of honor in the upper worlds.

Lance: Chao Fan, when I say go I need you to use [Sky Sealing Palm] on that hole.

Chao Fan: Sky Sealing Palm?! Master, I was a slave before meeting you, I have no clue how to use any martial skills!

Lance: I am well aware on how to use it, I can allow you to master it. When the information is put into your head however you will receive a great amount of pain in your head... stay awake no matter what.

I transferred the knowledge of how to use the skill into his mind, many decades of knowledge compressed into a single millisecond which caused an extreme headache. during the time of Chao Fans struggle Chao Hong made his signature move of diving into the hole with his Jormunconda. it was a great strategy to be fair against most opponents, the Jormunconda could dig through the ground at a tremendous speed and attack with either breath or its massive body from any angle... however he chose the wrong opponent.

Chao Fan was screaming for 3 seconds while I talked to him and put my plan into motion.

Lance: 'Ruo Hong prepare your strongest breath technique you can focusing on large amounts of compressed water with a technique behind it to quickly heat it' Chao Fan now is the time, think of your mother and all the pain you have endured in your pursuit of saving her... if you overcome this pain then I can guarantee vengeance against the ones who harmed her... FIGHT IT!

Chao Fan was clearly in pain but pushed through it and nodded, he would be able to send the martial skill out when needed.

Lance: RUO HONG NOW, INTO THE HOLE!

Ruo Hong sent a blast of pure water Qi that was like a hole had opened into the deepest parts of the ocean itself. I could see the ground start bulging due to the nearly river amount of water that had just been injected into it, this would cause Ruo Hong to struggle but not force him into a disadvantageous position... however-

Lance: Smoke em out.

Ruo Hong sent pure fire essence into the hole which caused the water to boil and explode into a geyser. With that explosion was the Jormunconda and Ruo Hong flying in the air in a daze, they were damaged by the intense heat but could protect themselves, the fight was over however with the final piece in place.

Lance: Chao Fan, get a little payback.

Chao Fan nodded and raised his hand, Chao Hong and his martial spirit were at least 100 meters in the air from the explosion but we would need to force their descent until it could damage them enough to fulfill victory conditions.

Chao Fan: [Sky Sealing Palm]

A giant sky blue hand appeared from nowhere and hit the duo so hard that they fell the full hundred meters in a single instant.

Chao Hong wasn't that easy to knock out but he stood up coughing.

Chao Hong: I'm impressed by your tactics mysterious floating eye. Thank you for your help old friend... you are dismissed.

The Jormunconda nodded and disappeared into smoke.

Chao Hong: I can tell you'll be able to handle yourself well my son, I only have one question for you. How do you plan to avenge your mothers suffering?

Chao Fan: However my new allies and my new master tell me to achieve that goal, once I complete that goal I will accomplish their goal.

Chao Hong: Then I will ask you Eye Spirit, my Jormunconda could not even fathom fighting you let alone defeating you meaning you are from a much higher realm... what is your plan?

I put on my best businessman voice and decided to have some fun.

Lance: Step 1- Reach the peak of the world; Step 2- Ascend, Step 3- Repeat, Step 4- Profit.

Chao Hong laughed while Ruo Hong and Yun Lan glared at him.

Chao Hong: A simple plan indeed, but I doubt anything could stop you from achieving it.

Ruo Hong: Hmph, it only sounds simple because you cannot comprehend masters true plans.

Yun Lan: Mere mortals judging the master.

Lance: Hey Chao Fan, this is your last chance to back out. Your mother is cured, you have been given great talent, and you could very well live a powerful and happy life in this world with your mother, we will leave and instead give you a top level spirit but you will have a great life with the ones you love. If you journey with us however, you will leave your family that has just started to mend for a great period of time, you will face troubles for most of this journey and could die. Your rewards for journeying with us will be this; you will find power and realms beyond your imagination, you could find the love of a beautiful woman or many, you could get vengeance, and you will see what no other mortal has before.

Chao Fan grinned widely and I knew his decision.

Chao Fan: I've been living a life of hardship for as long as I've known, it would be boring to do anything else now. I already decided I would dedicate everything to you for saving my mother and I'm a man of my word; Besides, who the hell wouldn't want to be the first human to break the void.

I smiled, this kid was like I was before those damn bastards took everything from me.

 

*Meanwhile in an upper world*

Layhla: What is this sect? I've been walking up this damn mountain for hours with no end in sight. This is like one of those animes that Lance would always make me watch, I didn't mind because they made him so happy but maybe he's here too, maybe he's alone and scared... BWAHAHAHAHA, who am I kidding, this is probably the best thing that could happen to him, a world free from that deranged father and those psychotic bastards. Maybe now that he can finally have a fresh start he'll stop being so oblivious to my advances... NAH! He was oblivious even before the assault. But this time I've found something... something to make him fall for me. Isn't that right ya cutie?

As Layhla said this a white and blue phoenix the size of a hawk appeared on her shoulder.

Layhla: what's that? buildings on top of the mountain? thank God, I would lose my mind if I walked all the way up here for it to be pointless, I mean what sect even puts buildings this far away. Oh well, may as well see how useful they are, don't worry Lance, nothing will ever hurt you again... I'll make sure of it.

Layhlas beautiful body sported an ominous smile as she said this and one had to fear what could happen in the future.

 

 

 

Hello, this chapter was double the length of normal chapters, I hope you enjoyed

 

Since it was so hard to hit the last goal I will be lowering it until the series grows larger. There will be one more chapter this week unless we can hit 10 favorites or 5 more followers before the week ends which cost you nothing, help promote my series, and as a reward I will release 2 more chapters if we can hit that before next monday.

Is this style slightly better or is there no improvement? or is it worse from the beginning
  • Better by a lot Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Slightly better Votes: 11 73.3%
  • The Same Votes: 1 6.7%
  • a little worse Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a Lot worse Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 15
15