Prologue
1.1k 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you not understand what you've done!!?"

A short elderly man wearing a black suit and a bowler hat slams his fist into a table smashing it to splinters and scattering everything on it. seemingly unphased by this outburst an equally short elderly woman wearing a white sundress, Pink apron and hands in the middle of knitting a scarf speaks up.

"Calm down brother there's no need to throw a tantrum, surely the little one didn't know the possible side effects of her actions, let this one slide."

A nervous little boy wearing a blue t-shirt with a white horizontal stripe, a baseball cap worn backwards on his head and beige cargo shorts grips a red and white sphere on his belt and stands between the elderly gentleman and a little girl and stutters, "D.d.d...d.don't you go near her, O.o.o.or you'll regret it." He raised his arm slowly, inhaled sharply, wound up his throw, and just as the boy was about to release the ball a delicate-looking white hand gripped his wrist.

"Now little one, violence is not necessary."A shockingly beautiful black-haired woman with a large chest, long legs, blood-red lips, a katana tied to her waist by a white strap of cloth painted with the Kanji symbols for zero and dressed in a white, red-lined kimono brings her mouth to the boys' ear and speaks."Although I do like your vigor little one."

Licking her lips the beautiful woman felt something push against her waist and looked down only to see a pouting redheaded little girl clutching what looked like a Tamagotchi.

"Let....him....go!" Giving one final push the loli was able to separate the boy from the seductress.

"Oh, So she can speak for herself." Pulling the loli once more into her embrace, the woman beams with a bright smile and states."Surely there can be no malice in one so adorable."Mffff mmmfffmm! frantically waving her hands the loli manages to escape from the chest of the woman while mumbling something to herself."You're going to have to speak up little one, or the big bad bowler hat man is going to start screaming again."

"I just wanted more friends!!!!" The little girl screamed at the top of her lungs, casting a half glare half pleading look at the old man before breaking down in tears and shoving her snot and tear covered face back into the bountiful mounds of the woman before her.

After hearing the muffled wailing of the little girl, the little boy, face still beet red due to his interaction with the woman glared at the old man again and spoke through gritted teeth. "fix this old man."

"Oh my, I never thought my brother was in the habit of making little girls cry."The old woman cast a cheeky grin at her brother and continued."Surely you have a contingency for such a situation brother?"

"How did I become the bad guy in this situation?"The elderly man grumbled. The little girl, now free from the mounds of the woman hid behind the woman's legs casting a guilty gaze at the old man and constantly opening and closing her mouth trying to find the words to apologize. Seeing this, the man felt a pang of guilt in his stomach and knelt close to the little girl looking her in the eyes."Now young one the reason I got angry is that beings like us," the man pauses, "celestials of our calibre need to be born naturally. If the process is rushed, instead of gaining sentience we get reborn as monsters, we've told you about Azathoth haven't we?" the little girl nods while wiping the dribbling snot from her nose. "well that's what happens when the process is rushed or disrupted."

The little girl looked up at the man, her face pale white and struck with panic. "I have to fix it!" the little girl yelled, frantically collecting her plush toy (an orange t-rex looking dinosaur) from the now reformed table before getting stopped by the old woman.

"Calm down little, one my brother often has solutions for this type of thing." Taking a sip of her tea the old woman points a finger at the girl and gently levitates her into a seat beside herself. Picking up a new teacup she looks at her brother and continues speaking. "Don't you brother?" The old man lets out a sigh and waves his hand opening a rift in space before turning back to the two. "of course I do, and if all else fails," he casts a glance at a hooded figure with a giant sword on his back. "I trust you'll resolve the matter?" and steps through the rift. The hooded figure nods and like the old man before him opens a rift and steps through. the elderly woman smiles at those left behind and says. "Finally those two overly serious fools are gone, now who wants some cookies."Three hands shoot up at the same time.

Gotham city: Batcave

Alfred Pennyworth stood dusting the bat computer all the while fretting over his masters' latest course of actions. Unbeknownst to him, a rift in space opened near the ceiling giving way to an elderly man wearing a bowler hat.

"Pffffttt cough! cough! Dad??? what are you doing here?" Floating next to the rift and yelling at the old man was a devilishly handsome middle-aged blond man with slightly glowing eyes wearing a tailor-made black suit, on his back was a pair of large pure white wings, in his left hand a large box of popcorn and floating to his right a large drink.

"Why hello Lucy, nice to see you too, how was my day? Hrmm well, I was doing my rounds today, and low and behold there's only an old one level threat waiting to happen! Who's responsible for this you ask? why it's only a little girl with the power to destroy universes with a fucking thought! and somehow I'm the bad guy for getting angry about it!" The old man ranted for 5 more minutes before getting interrupted by the blonde.

"So I take it you had fun at the office then?"

"Ugh never mind, sometimes I wish you hadn't turned down the job." The old man mumbled, more to himself than the gentleman before him. "Anyway, lucifer what are you doing here?"

Lucifer answered. "Oh? the Wayne boy's soul is about to be called back from hell, little shit caused quite a stir during his stay. wanted to give him a personal send-off."

"Hell?" The old man questioned. "The fuck is he doing in hell?"

Lucifer answered. "what do you expect, the kid was Raised by the league of assassins. Take that and throw in some jealousy toward one of his adopted brothers, you get three decapitated criminals and a sad attempt to impress a distant father."

The old man slaps his palm on his forehead. "I wonder if this is a good idea? ill have to test the boy just in case."

Lucifer spoke up. "You know you still have that habit of talking out loud to yourself, test him for what? I can vouch for the bastards' willpower and skill if that's what you mean."

The old man answered, "That's part of it, but I need to test his character as well." the old man looks at lucifer and speaks again. "Well since you're just going to watch you might as well help, in a few seconds the bat family is going to jump through a boom tube and Mr. Wayne is going to stab his dead son in the chest with a crystal bringing him back to life."

"Spoilers!! dammit, old man! Lucifer yelled." The glow in lucifers eyes stop and he glares at the old man, "Fine. Rolling his eyes he continues, "what do you need me to do?"

The old man takes a breath and answers. "well if the boy passes the test, I'm going to rip his soul in half."

"hell of a reward for passing a test dad." Lucifer interrupts him.

The old man continues. "At which point, you are going to use the excess omega energy to restore one half and place it back in his body."

"Wow... just wow, what warrants putting his soul through that?" Lucifer interrupts again.

The old man sighs as if surrendering to his fate. "Due to the brats meddling, a defective soul was born in a world with a very delicate balance, my hope is to effectively repair this soul and put that world back on a path toward balance."

Lucifer chimes in."Transplanting a foreign soul into a world often leads to an imbalance in whatever system is in play, what makes you think this is any different?"

The old man answered. "It just so happens that this world has a way to tether souls to one another, I plan to take advantage of that."

"Sounds to me like you're relying on hope, that's not like you." Lucifer looks at the old man raising an eyebrow.

The old man smiles at lucifers reply before casting his gaze toward the floor. "it's about to begin."

Time Was frozen. Damien looked down only to notice he was floating over what appeared to be his own corpse, his father was in the middle of thrusting a red crystal into his chest whilst his brothers, sisters, cyborg and a shocked pennyworth watched on.

"Quite touching isn't it?" a calming friendly voice echoed, Seemingly from everywhere at once. Damien swung his head around, only to be greeted by an all too familiar face and an old man he didn't recognize. He was immediately on guard scanning the old man for weaknesses fully knowing he stood absolutely no chance against the people before him. "Lucifer." Damien spat through Grit teeth, He glared at the king of hell waiting for an explanation.

"so I take it you two are acquainted?" asked the old man raising an eyebrow looking toward lucifer.

Lucifer answered. "I told you didn't I? kid caused a stir down under. we got well-acquainted didn't we boy?" At this point, Lucifer was grinning ear to ear and Damien was glaring back. To spite all his efforts, getting stared down by the king of hell still caused Damien's legs to wobble before he caught himself. "see? willpower for days, not many can stay standing let alone glare back when I turn on the mojo."

"Wh..Who is he?" Damien managed to mutter before gesturing toward the old man.

"Oh him?" Lucifer gestures toward the old man. "Oh, that's dear old dad, you know, let there be light, the almighty, creator of all,yada yada."

Damien looked at the old man with a shocked expression for a solid few seconds before the Old Man broke the awkward silence "Well, if you put it in a nutshell..." He looks toward lucifer before letting out a sigh. "Yes, that's who I am."

Damien speaks up. "Due to our various ...... exchanges, I know Lucifer cant tell a lie. So tell me, what does the presence want with me?"

The presence glares at lucifer. Lucifer shrugs his shoulders in response. "So what if I told him one of your names, it came up in one of our torture sessions......Sheesh, he's gonna forget it when he resurrects anyway."Lucifer quickly changes the subject, "so are you gonna talk to him or not?"

The presence looks toward Damien who stands at attention before him. "You have a choice to make boy, the first choice will see you resurrect. when that crystal is plunged into your chest, your soul will go back into your body and you'll wake up. this choice will see you gain vast powers rivalling that of the Kryptonian your planet is so fond of." The old man paused, Letting the information sink in, Unbeknownst to Damien The presence was feeding and multiplying the young man's greedy and prideful instincts.

Damien could see it now, cleaning Gotham's streets in an afternoon, stopping atrocities before they could even be carried out, his life in the league of assassins, as well as his time with his father, had honed him into a weapon designed to fight injustice, with the powers the old man described he could be more efficient than any hero on the planet, eradicating all crime would no longer be a pipe dream. As if being yanked out of a dream the old man's next words reached Damien.

"This choice will lead to an innocent man dying". This woke Damien out of his stupor and he once again paid attention to the man. "The second choice will see you go back to hell, in return that innocent man will be spared and an uncountable number of innocent souls will be saved. Damien paused in silence for what seemed like hours before raising his head and turning toward The Presence.

"If you are who you say you are then you already know my answer," Damien replied

"Yes, but I need you to say it." The presence smiled at him.

"If my going to hell will save countless innocent souls then so be it, I've earned my place in the pits, innocent people should not suffer because of my greed." Replies Damien looking into old man's eyes.

Well said boy! smacking the boy on the back The Presence continued, "The good news is you don't have to go to the pit, the bad news is I'm going to rip your soul in half now."

"What?" Damien had no time to say anything else as time unfroze and the crystal was plunged into the young boys' corpse.

"AAARRRRrggghhh!!!!!!" A gut-wrenching scream echoed in the Batcave. that scream would have drawn the attention of all those present had time not been frozen again. the crystal was now lodged in the corpse of Damien Wayne and The Presence had already torn the boys' soul in half.

"Well, that was abrupt." Stated lucifer, looking at The Presence in shock.

The Presence looked toward Lucifer, He blinked once and the snacks Lucifer had before were nowhere to be seen. Blinking again the light surrounding the crystal transformed to a whisp and moved toward lucifers now empty hand Solidifying into a sphere of red light hovering slightly above his palm. The Presence then tossed half of Damiens soul toward Lucifer and spoke. "Sort that out, I've got some work to do." Snapping his fingers another angel unceremoniously popped into existence next to Lucifer. Shocked at the sudden development the newly arrived angel cast his gaze around and upon noticing lucifer and the presence, immediately bowed. The Presence Spoke again. "Ammedadiel, unfreeze time when your brother is done with that." The Presence points toward the red sphere and half a soul in lucifers' possession with his one hand and stuffing the other half of Damien's soul under his hat with the other.

Lucifer tries to get the old mans attention, "But father what am I supposed t..."

The Presence interrupts him. "you can figure it out, I know you've been researching the inner workings of souls behind my back for a while now, I know you can do it." the old man gave lucifer a cheeky smile and a thumbs up before ripping a hole in space and stepping through.

Standing next to lucifer Ammedadiel speaks up, "what was that father said about you researching souls behind his back?"

A few hours earlier(Relatively speaking)

37 BBY
Planet Mandalore (in a galaxy far far away)

Qui-Gon Jinn stood up abruptly from his meditation quickly casting his gaze in every direction before settling down.

"Master, Is something wrong?" Obi-wan turns toward Qui-Gon and asks.

At this point in their journey Obi-wan, Qui-Gon Jinn along with Satine Kryze, the woman most likely to become dutchess of Mandalore had barely evaded capture by her opposition before stopping to rest in a hidden cave network just outside the capital city of Keldabe.

Satine had just witnessed the deaths of those most loyal to her at the hands of those claiming to fight for Mandalore, all the teachings of her people tell her to seek vengeance, but she knows the path to peace requires her to forgive. she knows this, but thoughts of vengeance, bloodshed and the sweet release of knowing your foes can never Strike you again swirl in her mind fighting for dominance against her will to forgive. Looking at the charming young man beside her Satine could not help but feel a bit jealous, With nothing else to keep her mind busy, she can't help but think about his origins. "The Jedi code teaches its followers to not form attachments, apparently, this is so they don't fall to the dark side or something like that. Must be nice though, does that mean they don't feel this pain? don't feel regret for those they lose? or do they somehow just ignore those feelings, locking them away and letting them fade into nothing. What about love? Jedi are supposed to be peacekeepers Right? How can you protect the peace without knowing what love is?" Thinking of the brief but eventful time she had spent with the young man on the other side of the campfire, her thoughts could not help but linger on memories of his foolish jokes, Cocky attitude, the way he made her smile, his hilarious comebacks to the crude insults of those who would insult her and above all the kindness he'd show to those others would consider strangers or outcasts. Casting another look at the young man in the process of speaking to his master Satine felt a surge of indignation swell up in her chest. "One thing is for sure, I'm in love with a man who's forbidden to love me back."

A red-headed little girl hovered above the dim campfire illuminating the dark cave, watching Qui-Gon Jinn speak to his padawan before leaving abruptly. Giggling, the little girl starts speaking to herself, "phase 1 completed, these overly zealous types are too easy, show em a crude vision and they drop everything and go on a spirit quest to figure it out, Lady Masamune was right! next was........... Right! if you wanna see a change in your world make someone extraordinary be born just before a pivotal time. Okay! so according to my calculations..." At this point, the little girl looked very proud of herself talking loudly because she knew no one could hear her. "The baby will be able to do something during the clone wars? yup, that should spice things up in here and maybe net me a new friend." The little girl showed off a toothy smile, held out her arms and spread her hands, palms facing the young duo below her and released a cloud of pink smoke only visible to her.

"Now according to lady Masamune, I put two humans in a room, release this stuff in the air, and nine months later there's a baby? oh, wait! the baby's blessing! I almost forgot. Now let's see......." the girl floated down to the cave floor quickly drawing a magic circle on the ground before seemingly lifting it off the dirt and pointing it upward and shooting it into the ceiling, the resulting magic blast creates an invisible wave of energy that engulfs the other two in the cave.

Satisfied with herself the little girl looks around the room only to see Satine already straddling Obi-wan and in the process of removing his robes, Obi-wan had already grown frustrated with the many layers of Satines outfit and had begun to use the force to remove them. both parties' eyes had glossed over and the only thing left in their minds was to satisfy their carnal desires. the little girl's face flushed crimson as she quickly tore a hole in space and stepped through.

15