Chapter 2: New Surroundings
771 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The modified J-type 327 Nubian starship tore through the atmosphere of Raxus prime leaving a trail of black smoke in its wake. The silver-plated hull of the ship slowly being burnt black upon entry to the atmosphere, served as a signal of sorts to the thousands of scrappers who call this planet home. To the inhabitants of this world, a streak of black smoke in the sky meant fresh salvage. Depending on the type, maybe even worth enough to get them off this planet. And who wouldn't notice that reflective silver plating as the ship made its crash landing?

Atin awoke only to learn that the ship he was on was engulfed in flames and in the process of crashing into what looked like a mountain of garbage. Trying to drag himself toward the controls of the ship Atin, for the first time in his life lamented the fact that his body was this weak.
Looking down at his body as if suddenly remembering the recent loss of his limbs, atin was overcome with the searing pain that came with getting dismembered. In the midst of passing out again, Atin extends his remaining hand toward the controls, unwilling to give up but held back by a broken body his mind fades to darkness and his head hits the floor.

As Atin passed out the control stick he was reaching toward moved and changed the course of the ship, but it was too late. After narrowly evading the garbage mountain, the ship clipped a massive digging machine and was sent spiralling out of control, flipping end over end before landing nose first in one of the valleys between the numerous garbage mountains.
The ship slowly sank into the garbage beneath it, Then as if suddenly getting its stings cut the ship lurched into free fall disappearing beneath the surface of Raxus Prime. BOOM! The ship dropped nose-first into a rock floor beneath it, breaking through as the brittle stone crumbled around it, BOOM!! again, BOOM!! BOOM!! BOOM!!! A crash landing and destroying multiple stone floors apparently wasn't enough to cause significant damage to the modified j-type as aside from being scorched almost completely black and a few scratches it was mostly intact. Later inspection would reveal that during the crash landing the hyperdrive generator, as well as the sub lightspeed engines, had both been damaged, making even takeoff impossible. let alone lightspeed travel.

Atin woke up panting, a cold sweat covered his face and made his back stick to the thin cloth wrapped around him. Taking in his surroundings and trying to sit up, Atin was once again reminded of his missing limbs, remembering the cybernetic monster that took them from him, rage and indignation welled up inside him, twisting his face into a vicious expression, anger burning in his eyes.

Using his remaining arm atin managed to pull himself into an upright position. Casting his gaze around, atin noticed he was on an old salvaged surgery table surrounded by a mix of medical equipment and tools. An old medical droid was busy organising the tools and equipment on a table to his right and at the foot of the table stood an HK-series war droid with 4 pistols strapped to its waist a double-ended shock baton tied to it's back and donning Mandalorian bracers, clearly taken from the recently deceased Mandalorian protector.

"Greetings meatbag! I am the mark V HK-Series war droid affectionately named sparky. Designation: nursing droid. how may the patient best be served today?" The war droid leaned in toward Atin, the visor on its headpiece glowing an ominous red.

13