Chapter 5: introductions
643 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Who the hell are you?" Atin growled at the young girl who quickly ducked back behind sparky. Hearing a now all too familiar crackle of electricity, he found a spot on the floor free of sick and propped himself up off the ground in a panic. Grabbing the side of the medical table he watched as the usually chatty droid silently took a fighting stance, the dim red glow of its visor bursting to life as it lit the surroundings. he felt a shiver down his spine when he heard the war droid's now cold and metallic voice, the sound of metal grinding reverberated in the room with every word it spoke.

"Bzzzt-violent intention directed toward my mistress-Bzzzzzzzzzt...verbal or physica-Bzzt...Will b-Bzzzzt.....Thousandfold......Extreme Preju-Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.....................Lacking.All.Mercy." the smell of burnt electronics filled the air as the red lights adorning the visor started flickering and sparks burst forth from the droids head while he prepared to lunge at the young man before him.

"Skweeee! SPARKY DOON'T!" The little Ugnaught girl let out a panicked squeak before yelling at the war droid to stop.

Atin watched as steam escaped cracks in the droid's armour with a whirring sound, the glow of its visor return to the dim red they glowed with before and felt the cold fingers of death gripping his throat recede while muttering to himself. "Don't mess with the little one. Noted." Turning toward floaty he questioned, "So what do we do from here on out? I take it you're the brains of this operation?"

"Well, that depends entirely on the young ma-" Sparky interrupts before he can continue.

"Why the nerve of this meatbag! not even an apology for the young mistress?" Sparky pipes up, tired of once again being ignored.

"Sparky stop it!" the young Ugnaught girl spoke up again, finally confident enough to speak without involuntarily squeaking. "Let floaty and stumpy speak."

Atin turned to the little girl, "Thank you young mi-.....Wait, Stumpy?" the latter half of his sentence accompanied with a questioning look toward the young Ugnaught girl. Noticing Atin stare at her, she quickly scurries out of sight, disappearing down what looked like a hallway leading to the rest of wherever he was.

Floaty spoke up, "As I was saying before getting interrupted, our next course of actions depend on the young master. Three standard day cycles have passed since your crash landing and understanding your origins before activating the emergency beacon on your ship became our priority. The young master is already aware of our intentions and tending to your needs is currently the action that has the highest odds of leading to our eventual rescue."

"I'd like to ask you a few questions if that's okay?" Atin replied, he and Floaty started speaking, mostly it was Floaty that spoke with him occasionally interrupting to ask another question or for a more detailed answer. The droids swift and detailed responses, Well of information and brilliant deduction capabilities impressed him so much, that toward the end of their conversation he had to focus on controlling himself or he would have started trying taking the droid apart to see how it worked.

Atin had Learned that the name of little Ugnaught girl was Miilo, They were currently onboard a crippled Kandosii-type dreadnaught and that the state of security the droid had described was abysmal. He hadn't forgotten to ask how the droid had learned about his existence, but most of the information related to the subject was only accessible to Floaty's previous master. What he could get out of the droid was that its previous master had made a business proposition to Satine in regards to something, something he was unable to get the droid to answer no matter how he probed.

The ship had most likely crashed into the planet more than a thousand years ago, Atin knew this model of Dreadnaught as it had been described in detail throughout the many history datafiles he'd read at the Kryze clan ancestral home. This model of Dreadnaught was quite famous in Mandalorian culture as they had been used by the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders during the great sith wars thousands of years ago. The ship was mostly inoperable other than life system support in a few sectors and modified sensor beacons dotting its perimeter.

The bottom half of the ship was sunk halfway into the rock that surrounded it, the makeshift entrance only accessible after navigating your way through a network of caves, with the top half completely buried underneath a mountain of garbage. Apparently, the reason the ship hadn't been found was due to Miilo's father, hed stumbled on the vessel after managing to escape the slave traders he was owned by, the modified sensor beacons were his doing, they masked the ship and basically made it invisible to scanners used by the scrappers on the planet. Miilo's father was also the one responsible for reprogramming the war droid that now chased after the fleeing girl.

Atin also learned that after its master's ship was stolen by pirates, floaty had managed to flee in an escape pod along with the learning helmets his master had intended to gift to some politician. Only to find himself on a junk planet surrounded by scrappers, who wanted nothing other than to tear him apart and sell him for scraps, the only help he could find on this planet came in the form of a child accompanied by a malfunctioning war droid, he had quickly become part of this makeshift family and the little girl had nicknamed him floaty. After taking over responsibility for the child's education, he spent the last year going through the basic Kaminoan curriculum and he was in the process of preparing lessons on advanced bioengineering and cloning for her.

If Atin had legs, they'd be crossed right now. He sat with his stumps facing inward, almost touching, his remaining hand hovered where his thigh would have been as he tried to calm his mind, meditate and gather his thoughts. Unable to focus he yelled in frustration, "I give up" almost throwing himself back on the now slightly padded medical table Atin lay there letting out a long frustrated sigh, "I need a plan..."

15