Chapter 10: Vs Cydon Pt 1
526 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the past few weeks, more than a dozen scrappers had been caught in Atins traps, most were killed or destroyed by either the traps themselves or by sparky finishing them off. The lethality of the traps he had designed and deployed had initially bothered Atin, but seeing what the scrappers were willing to do to find the recently crashed J-type, those feelings quickly disappeared. The scrappers normally had crude weapons or barely functioning blasters, most were broken down and used for spare parts, so Atin only had a few reliable weapons at his disposal, looking at the arsenal spread out on the workbench, he had a look of contemplation on his face as he inspected them, two blaster pistols, Sparky's favourite electrostaff, a vibroblade, a small pile of makeshift explosives and a pair of night-vision goggles. He refused to use the weapons belonging to the fallen Mandalorian protector, explaining to floaty that a Mandalorian's armour and weapons were sacred and that he had no right to use them.

"At least the damage isn't significant, though part of me wants to just leave him like this," Atin stated after inspecting Sparky only to be met by the face of a pouting Miilo. "Okay okay, ill fix him when I get back" turning to face floaty he continued, "I know he's old, but with the help of the traps most scrappers don't stand a chance, what kind of opponent could do this?"

"observing the intruder leads me to believe he's most likely not a scrapper, the skills, tactics and knowledge he has revealed so far lead me to believe he is a bounty hunter." Holding a holo pad displaying a man Fully clad in white armour Floaty continues, "other than a shoulder-mounted blaster and a sidearm he seems to be otherwise ill-equipped for combat, this is most likely a reconnaissance mission for him."

"Hrmm, if he's disabling my traps and able reduce Sparky to this state, he should be more than capable, now would be the best chance to strike, lest he comes back better prepared, Show me where he is," putting on the goggles and a mask over his mouth, Atin continues. "I want to have a look myself before we engage."

Boba Fett was sitting in a starfighter that had landed just outside the cave entrance staring at a hologram of the partially mapped out cave system. "About 30 more meters, that's where the mapping drone lost signal." After the death of his father, Count Dooku had paired Boba with his new bodyguard, Dooku did this in the hopes that the boy would pick up the skills of the new bounty hunter and plant a seed of gratitude that he could later take advantage of.

"Good. keep me informed of any life forms heading my way, I suspect there's another trap ahead."

Boba was frowning at this point, he had long since complained to Cydon that he was being underutilized, but the bounty hunter was having none of it, complaining that Dooku had left him with dead weight and insisted on entering alone. His father had trained him to be the most efficient warrior in the galaxy, and he was stuck in a ship, giving directions to a fool too blind to see his worth.

Atin had never been in a fight before, that is unless you count his encounter with Grievous which was more of a one-sided beating than a fight, so he was understandably nervous as he watched the bounty hunter make his way through the cave, he was currently watching the bounty hunter disable one of his traps through a crack in one of the cave walls and listening to him talk with someone over comms. 'So he has a partner, should I take him out first or-.' before Atin could finish his thought a blaster bolt flew toward the wall he was behind and shattered the brittle stone showering him with shrapnel.

"So there you are....... your toy droid wasn't enough, so now you face me yourself, not the best idea if I do say so myself." Scrambling to pick himself up Atin settled into a slightly crouching stance and silently stared at his opponent. "Well it works in my favour, tell me, have you seen an ancient sith artefact? apparently, it has the habit of leaving people as dried out husks." Cydon stood facing atin, both his pistol and shoulder-mounted blaster trained on him as he asked his question.

Atin could tell from the way the bounty hunter spoke and carried himself that he wasn't seen as a threat, 'good thing I left my weapons, stay calm and figure this out, need to distract him somehow.'

"Not going to answer? pity, guess ill have to ask whoever else is hiding out down here." as cydon was getting ready to pull the trigger Atin spoke up,

"Stop. I know the artefact you're talking about, promise me and my companions come out of this safe and ill lead you to it."

"Smart boy" gesturing with his pistol Cydon continued, "lead the way"

From the moment Atin heard the words 'sith artefact' he knew the bounty hunter wasn't going to allow any witnesses to stay alive, but his current plan was the best he could come up with and getting the bounty hunter to follow him was the best possible outcome he could have hoped for in this situation. The two made their way through the cave system, avoiding trap after trap in complete silence with atin occasionally stealing glances at the bounty hunter every time he turned a corner and the bounty hunter vigilant for any ambushes that they might have set up. About 10 minutes later the two stood in front of the cargo hold entrance when cydon decided to speak, "Nice place you have here kid, I can see why you'd have so many traps to protect it."

Atin replied, " its only natural to protect what's yours."

As the bay doors opened cydon was momentarily stunned by the Basilisk droid facing him and opened fire, taking advantage of this atin escaped into the cargo bay and made his way to the control panel. By the time cydon noticed the droid wasn't active and looked for atin he was already gone, the bay doors slammed shut behind him and the lights went out, leaving him in darkness.

Pew- Atin fired his blaster at Cydon hitting him on the side of the head, the blaster bolt bounced off the helmet causing only minor damage before his shoulder-mounted blaster returned fire. Atin went back into cover and muttered to himself, "blasted automatic targeting." Poking his head, out he saw Cydon making his way toward him and started moving. using the darkness, he made his way around the cargo bay, occasionally firing his blaster and throwing explosives at Cydon whenever he got an opening, causing the bounty hunter to grow increasingly frustrated with him. 'Two shots left and the explosives aren't powerful enough to get through his armour, ill have to resort to the electrostaff soon and that damnd automatic blaster will pick me off before I have a chance to get close, even then he probably has more hand to hand experience than me, not a good idea.' Atin racked his mind trying to think of a solution before deciding on a plan, 'its worth a shot'

A/N: If you want to know why Atin has no problems killing scrappers, ill be posting a side story explaining that later

11