Chapter 1 Part 4 (Updated)
83 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We each head onto our classes and decided to help the matter about Mika. Being preoccupied with the practical test next week I could not balance two things at once. Until the time it was finally Monday, and we were once again asked to go at the practice grounds.

Apparently, we would be casting numerous spells and is tasked to choose one from the series of spells given today and master it for a few weeks. Then, we would showcase it so Professor Goodwill would be able to evaluate our initial skill and affinity for wind.

I was a bit daring and chose the spell Tempest. It was the only advanced spell in the given ones, Professor Goodwill warned me of where I should practice in case I went nuts. To be fair, it is a powerful spell and could equal to a tornado depending on your skill and power.

Soon the classes ended, I ran across Shinra and he relayed that we should focus on our studies first and take some time for ourselves until Friday. This is supposedly the day Mika and Hawklight would come to an agreement what would happen.

“So, it is true that Hawklight is involve?” Having some time before the next class I walked with Shinra a bit.

“Yeah, I did ask Mika if they were giving her a hard time so then we could help.” I haven’t seen them that much this week except for during the first class.

“I guess we’ll know on Friday.” I tried to focus on the classes but occasionally I would think about Mika’s situation.

 

Up until it was the day that Mika and Hawklight would face off. Nothing unordinary happened for the rest of the week in exchange for this one explosive day.

“Are you ready, Mika?” Walking to an unknown part in the campus. We were invited inside the building of Hawklight.

Yes, we were nonchalantly wandering around the enemy territory. Amazed by the structure of the building it was a three-story building. As we did some research, Hawklight is apparently the most “well-funded” squad amongst the top squads. Meaning, they have someone who has a high reputation in the real world. And who else could it be none other than their captain. Eliote Fang. A 3rd year student, the Fang family is most notorious for producing powerful magician knights that are under command by the seven Royal Family Head themselves.

With all this in mind, it’s not like we would go back and turn tail so easily. Not Mika and Shinra perhaps. Even if I am not powerful nor confident, I strangely managed to muster up the courage to gain footing amidst this extraordinary situation.

“I’m impressed you still showed up, Mika Torri.” Greeting us at the entrance there were three of them dressed in what seems to be their squad uniform.

“And what’s this, you’re accompanied by two 1st year students, and their boys as well.” They’re unusually talkative and I could not sense anything other than weird confidence.

“Aren’t you Shinra Mavirus and you’re…”

“It’s Kan Uolo, Miss.” The girl unexpectedly liked when I called her Miss.

“Enough, just let us in and take us to your captain.” Mika could not care less and just wanted to get this done. She’s really pissed off for some reason. Must’ve been waiting to end this already, in perspective that’s actually quite scary.

“Let’s just see if you’ll still have that attitude when you meet Sir Eliote.” Getting back to what we know so far or what Shinra had gathered. Eliote Fang was a former member of Fleusoar and helped them took a spot at Royal Ten. It was during his first year nonetheless at the 348th Founding Anniversary of Tempest when he managed to top even royal family students and placed 3rd across all year levels. As for the reason why he left Fleusoar after achieving unbelievable results for a first year. We couldn’t find an answer and I instead speculated that he perhaps had other goals other than being a powerful magician.

Nevertheless, Eliote Fang is undoubtedly one of the strongest students currently at Tempest.

“We’re here. Mind your manners in front of Sir Eliote.” Even the talkative girls stayed silent and let us inside the room.

We followed the 1st year and sat at the couch facing the captain of Hawklight. Brownish hair paired with grey eyes. Unexpectedly, he has the same aura as the captain of Fleusoar. They might have been acquaintances at the least if they were in the same guild back then.

“So, you’re Mika Torri.” Exuding an immense aura as if to beware us to behave correctly. We were truly at the face of Hawklight itself.

“And the two are?” Shinra and I introduce ourselves as my thoughts continued to take helm of my attention.

“I see. Let me get onto the main topic then. Now, my 1st years are asking for a rematch about a practical mock test if I remember correctly?”

“Yes, Sir Eliote.”

“What do you say then, Mika Torri?” Eliote Fang stood up and walked closer to us.

“It’s fine by me. That’s what I came here for.” Still, Mika remained compose even seemed to be controlling her anger.

“Very well, shall I prepare a practice ground for your rematch?”

“So, who should we call Sir Eliote?”

“What do you mean?” The captain of Hawklight caught everyone’s attention quickly.

“I mean, who would fight against Mika Torri.” Eliote Fang’s eyes lit up.

“What are you trying to say? That the three of you went through all this ruckus to say that the three of you are not gonna be fighting?” Little by little, I could feel the pressure coming from him.

“No, we uhh wanted someone to fight alongside us so that---”

“So that you’ll win underhandedly? By getting someone to do your revenge…? Let me get this straight you’re telling me, I wasted time for this kind of crap? Haah, bunch of insolence. Get out of here you three, you’re not a part of the Hawklight anymore.”

“But Sir…”

“Don’t make me call someone to drag the three of you out.” Casting a burst of wind above his hands, Eliote looked to take action.

“What are you doing, Mika Torri?” Easily dispersing the wind, unhindered by everything, she stood up and stand her ground against the captain of Hawklight.

“I declare a squad challenge against Hawklight. Surely, you won’t have qualms about this Eliote Fang.” What could have possibly been the worst scenario would suddenly become reality.

“Aryaa, you really have done it Mika.” Although Shinra as well was not afraid of anything particular even amused of Mika’s action.

“A squad challenge…? Hahaha, it has been a long time since anyone has ever dared to use that.” Perhaps, Eliote Fang as well find Mika’s approach to the problem somewhat interesting.

“So, how do you want to do this? I can beat the three of you all at once right now.” It felt as if it wasn’t a boast but rather a fact.

“I’d like to see you try.”

Just then he slipped from our vision as he aimed at Mika channeling a compressed wind magic. Mika used a small but powerful burst of wind to nullify Eliote’s chance of attack. “Get out you three, if you think I’ll protect you any further then you’re solely mistaken.” Protecting the stupefied 1st years Mika cautioned them it would not happen twice.

“You don’t get to choose who leaves and who doesn’t. Salie take those 1st years for now; I’ll deal with them later.” A shadow from the entrance of the door suddenly appeared and charged at the 1st years.

“I’m free to do as I please right Mika? I’ll be handling this senpai for now.” Without a hint of worry, Shinra lunged forward instantly.

Apparently, Shinra is a lightning magic user. Salie leaped through the corners of the room aiming for blind spots while Shinra continuously follow through and would let out streaks of lightning whenever Salie would get closer.

On the other hand, Eliote Fang kept powering and increasing his speed as Mika could still keep up with him and frequently manipulated wind magic to overpower Eliote’s attacks.

As I watch everything unfold before me, I stood still incapable of doing anything. I’ve let Mika and Shinra handle everything. What am I even doing here? I felt angst at my current state.

No matter how much knowledge I have read and tricks I have on my sleeve. Faced with true magicians, it wouldn’t matter.

“I came in a hurry, but what’s this? Someone is slacking off while his friends are doing all the work. You over there, coward!” All of a sudden, an unstoppable force appeared before me beckoning my fists to act up.

Shinra and Mika tried to stop him yet were tossed aside quickly by his monstrous strength. “You can hear me don’t you. Coward!”

Popping the veins across my head. “Stop calling me coward!” Something inside me clicked. It might have been a surge of adrenaline that completely wiped my doubts and fear.

I managed to dodge the initial left punch as I empowered my right fist with all my mana causing the ground to tremble slightly, everything that I could muster in a span of two seconds. “Aaaarghh…!” Envision the flow of mana as a continuous stream. Don’t let everything get suck up, efficiently use your mana. Maintain your footing as you strengthen your body. Keep powering up little by little. And never let anyone belittle you again! “I call forth the strength of thousand winds, swift and free as it may be, it shall not stop at the face of adversity. Manifest and swirl my foes. Compressed Cyclone Strike!”

Simultaneously casting a spell, I had just learned from the class and outputting mana for different attacks, was a first for me. It may very well be the adrenaline although at the heat of the moment all I could think of was to go all-out.

The person before me didn’t budge and took my attack full-on dispersing it completely.  “Heh, is that all you can do? You’re not just a coward but also a weakling.”

“Stop, I can’t have you breaking my office, Dex.”

“Oh, so you’re here Foara, Shishin, and Vien.” After I calmed down it appears to be the man who violently charged at me was also a 1st year.

“Then if I may, I want to participate at this squad challenge Sir. And please reconsider about these three.” I could already tell he wants to continue fighting me.

“Very well, after you win, I’ll think about what to do to them… Is that fine for you, Mika Torri?” Although I was worried, backs against the wall, I do not want to run away.

“It really doesn’t matter who we face, it can even be you three.” Mika Torri, even though she gets flustered when it’s just the three of us. When it matters, she clearly stands out above the rest. As well as Shinra Mavirus who clearly can hold his own against an upperclassman. I know so little about their capability.

“Well, that wouldn’t be fun. I’ll think of some way to make it interesting at least… Now then some advice for you, 1st years. My squad Hawklight although of recent addition to the top ranks, is not to be messed with easily… I’ll personally make that clear for you three.” Not holding back his remarks, the events of today would spread like wildfire throughout Tempest.

 

Afterwards, we left the building and took a moment to recollect what happened back at the withered tree.

“You were so cool back there, Mika!”

“I’m not sure. I just wanted to end this huge mess. Are you alright Kan? That Dex guy is unusually strong.” She leaned a bit before my field was obstructed from her gentle amber eyes.

“I’m fine I managed to avoid a direct hit and he only grazed my shoulder.” Dusting off any dirt I could find I averted my gaze.

“Ehh, I see you were worried for Kan the whole time then Mika?”

“Haah, I wasn’t particularly worried, but I just didn’t want you guys to get hurt for me.”

“Pfft, hahaha. You’re so sweet our princess, hahaha.” Shinra loosened his body and let out a chuckle.

“I admire you Mika, and Shinra as well. To be able to confidently fight against amazing people like that.”  Tucking the ends of my uniform I find myself bringing down the atmosphere. I can’t understand why I always do this.

“Hmm, well it’s not like I can defeat Eliote or anything. I simply can stand against amazing people as you say, because both of you were there with me.”

“Aryaa, you are clearly gunning for the older sister position huh.”

“It’s not like that. Stop teasing me, Shinra.” Quick to reply with a witty remark, Shinra kept poking fun at Mika.

“I guess I can kind of understand. Back there, I was only thinking of myself and how I could not do anything… But I feel strangely motivated to practice now, haha.” What am I even saying at this point? Mika stood up as she brushed off her hair while she said something along the lines of, “Let’s do this!”

“Well, before you two exhaust yourselves any further let’s grab something to eat before taking a long rest.” Shinra tried to sell us on a meal he found out the other day.

Quietly thinking, I wanted to be someone that would not slow them down whatever it takes…

1