Chapter 2 Part 2 (Updated)
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kan Uolo POV

 

 

“Excuse us.” Kreto Nanillion flawlessly opened both the door.

It felt like a conference where a large table is placed around everybody. For a moment the four of them exude an aura that made it like I was in a presence of someone above me. ‘I’ve heard about this... true royalty is what they’ve said it was.’

A professor from Raven greeted us and when he noticed me his eyes were immediately telling that I was an irregular.

“A Tempest uniform perhaps one of them?” He pointed somewhere and I saw Mika, Shinra, and Sheila-san.

“Yes, Kan Uolo, Sir.” I replied.

“What took you so long Mari?” Frea turned to us and asked.

“Well, we were taking our time, haha.” She nervously answered.

“Hmm, oh we meet again Kan.” Frea greeted me.

“Nice to see you too, Frea.”

“Can everyone get to their respective seats already?” It was a student from another Royal School. I think it was from Hidean Royal School. ‘Is he also a nobility?’

“I’ll see you later Kan.” Lionne walk towards his seat.

I waved at Mari before Sheila-san called my name.

“I’ll see you too, Lionne.” He nodded in reply before taking a seat.

‘Ehh, did I just casually talk to Lionne like that?’ I took a seat to where Sheila-san was calling me.

“Yo, kouhai!” Sheila-san cheerfully greeted me.

“Why are we in another table?” I asked as I sat beside Sheila-san.

“Well, we are gonna wait for their meeting to end before the principal entertain us.” Sheila-san explained.

I looked at Shinra and he just smiled back.

Mika was a bit grumpy. “Are you okay, Mika?”

“Yeah.” She grabbed a cookie from the table set and took a large bite. ‘Seems a bit moody to me.’

I wanted to lighten the mood by cheering them up, but someone opened the door, and one look was all it took for all of us to focus our eyes on that man. It was the principal.

We all stood up in respect and even the nobility stood up.

“It has been a long time since we saw each other Raven professor.” The principal took a clear view at the room.

“Indeed, it is.” Even bowing to an extent, seems these two go way back.

“Don’t mind the formalities I’ve had enough of that in my life.” The principal urged the Raven professor to raise his head.

Principal Cainne along with Secretary Inerva the one earlier who took my handbook entered the room and Principal Cainne sat at the middle prepared for him as we all sat down.

“I’m sorry to interject this early on but may I ask why are there here?” It was the guy from Hidean Royal School. I felt the same gaze from the people who always looked down on me. ‘He’s that kind of guy, huh? I at least appreciate that he is honest and not scheming.’

“I also would like to know, Principal Cainne for what reason are they here?” The raven professor added, it appears we were not very welcome.

I was used to this treatment, so I guess I wasn’t that irritated but Mika... perhaps she was the only one being true to herself out of the three of us. I could tell that she is not happy about it.

“Hmm, they are on an entirely different matter, but I guess it wouldn’t hurt to tell.” Principal Cainne answered. “Is it ok to tell them?” Principal Cainne turned his eyes at us, and I already felt shiver just from his gaze.

“Yes, it is fine, if that will clear their gazes from us.” Unfazed by everyone Sheila-san confidently responded.

“Mmm, very well. There were reports of hired spies infiltrating the campus of Tempest.” Principal Cainne stated.

“Sheila Neru was the one to realize the likelihood of a spy and went to investigate the areas and apparently the hired spy is someone from a high position in the Underworld. His identity is yet to be discovered but based on Professor Goodwill’s report who was also in the time of the accident, the intruder is at least close to an S-Criminal if not higher. Kan Uolo, Mika Torri, and Shinra Mavirus helped Sheila Neru who was at the time fighting the said spy and Professor Goodwill came to take control of the situation. I believe, this should be more than enough.” Secretary Inerva explained further. ‘She didn’t mention what happened after that…’

The students and professors from the other table couldn’t believe it as Lionne Allair figured out it was that day when we were in the library that it happened. No one could have asked further as Secretary Inerva’s eyes were threatening not to.

‘This people...’ I realized at the start that this gathering is not a place for me to step in and to experience it at firsthand breaks your pride as an aspiring magician. What’s more is that Sheila-san is unnerved by their gazes.

She noticed that I was looking at her. “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you guys no matter what, you’re all my kouhai now anyways.” Sheila-san just smiled confidently. “So, compose yourself, Mika even if you glare at them that won’t change a thing. At least with this in mind you can try to stand in the same ground as them, right?” Mika was a little hesitant at first, but she finally shrugged off the glare from her eyes.

“Thanks, for being here Sheila-san.” I remarked.

“Don’t thank me yet, you’ve to win the first trial to repay the favor, hehe.” She lightly teased us and Shinra slowly eased his body. ‘I wish I could help Shinra but it is my first time helping a friend, heck, even having a friend is a first for me.’

The principal and everyone else listened to our little conversation.

“Hoh, winning the first trial of Tempest?” The raven professor questioned and professors as well as students from other Royal Schools looked at Lionne Allair implying that we have to cross him first to make it happen.

“Ahem, as you all may know the Founding Festival will be held at Tempest this year due to its 350th Year Anniversary since the Founders officially opened the Royal Schools. With Tempest the First Royal School built and housed many powerful figures from the past as well as in the present. It has become a tradition for all the Royal Schools to hold a tournament for the students which is the main attraction besides, this year the Great Sage is coming for the 350th Year Anniversary which he will announce an important news.” Anyone could tell that all of us wanted to know what the news would be all about.

“Given that this is the 350th Year we wanted to change things as to how the tournament would normally commence. In which the students will be participating in a Capture the Flag type of activity. Essentially there are 13 members from each Royal School and a New School which is comprised of Humans, Elves, Beastkins, and Dwarves. They call it the Union Academy.” As Secretary Inerva explained all eyes were directed towards the people from the farthest in their table who was wearing an unusual uniform.

“What is the meaning of this, Principal Cainne?” The raven professor’s eyes were written with disgust.

“It is as you see, Professor Liua they are from the newly founded Union Academy.” Secretary Inerva responded.

“That’s not what I mean... how did this happen?” Professor Liua seemed to hold a grudge against different races.

As far as I remember, different races usually don’t meddle with each other and even though there was communication in the economic area it is rare for this kind of Academy to even exist. Not when the different races are not on good terms with one another. I tried to research further towards this but there was not any information to be found in the public ones, to be precise.

“I need you Professor Liua to remain seated as I will explain in detail or perhaps you don’t want to?” Secretary Inerva’s eyes silenced the infuriated Professor Liua as he sat down clicking his teeth.

“The Union Academy was founded by a Beastkin Nobility who was closely acquainted with people from the other races the Elves, Dwarves, and Humans. Utilizing their fame and power as they were SS-Class Adventurers with the advantage of being a nobility they were able to handle the necessary procedures to create the Union Academy. Which currently only has one year level and the staff as well as the students are relatively small in number, but they are still elites that may or may not surpass our students from the Royal Schools.

“Keeping this in mind, the Principal of the Union Academy reached out to us hoping to establish a good relationship with Tempest, as such, them being able to participate in the coming Founding Festival.” Secretary Inerva looked at the table, her eyes were lurking to find if they have any questions precisely at Professor Liua.

“If there are no questions. The Capture the Flag event that will replace the traditional bracket tournament, I will explain it now and you will be given the handouts of the rules and other details a week from now, so just keep an open mind and if you want to ask something, please raise your hand. Also, the four of you need to listen as well to what I will explain.” Secretary Inerva shifted her eyes at our table.

“We will use ancient magic for this event. As we know it ancient magic is something that was passed down for generations from different lineages since the start of humanity and it is simply impossible to research in normal circumstances and know its origin hence, ancient magic. We have found this ancient magic that is used by the Founders to hold a practical test where the participants would be transported to an empty space randomly created by the ancient magic. There would be 8 base locations where each base is for one Royal School and the last one is for the Union Academy.

“The objective is to conquer the locations of other students. These locations can also be called as save point where within this area you can recuperate your mana slightly faster than average. You can also fortify these save points however you want. One more thing is that there is a residue of ancient magic in each save point that has been materialized to a shard of pure mana crystal, taking it away from the save point would mean that you’ve successfully conquered the location. So far this is only what we can explain to you as we are still researching this ancient magic, I hope you can understand.”

Secretary Inerva took a deep breath after explaining in rough detail about the event and this ancient magic.

I only read it once in a book that ancient magic is something that was once used by people although due to its destructive nature it caused the downfall of many kingdoms---even nations. “Ancient magic can not only affect the environment, but it can also break some boundaries no one should be able to in the first place.” ‘That’s what was mentioned in the book that I’ve read, now that I recalled it.’

“Are there any questions?” It was Professor Liua who raised his hand. ‘Well, who could’ve guessed it already?’

“If this ancient magic were to be leaked in the public it would cause confusion and for the Underworld this is something, they would definitely put their eyes on. How can we be sure that everyone in this place will be able to keep this in secret?” I don’t know if he was referring to us or the Union Academy, however, he has a point.

“This ancient magic is something we ourselves are trying to figure out. Once the Founding Festival start, people will already have their suspicions, by then, we ask each and one of you to keep this in secret. I assume that all of the people in this room can do that.” Since most of the people in here are of nobility and contains a high image in society perhaps that is what Secretary Inerva is referring about.

“I am sure that most of us here in this table can keep it in secret but what about the Union Academy and the four of them?” Professor Liua asked, looks like he really wants us out and the Union Academy.

1