Chapter 2 Part 5 (Updated)
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shinra Mavirus POV

 

Professor Goodwill cannot grasp that I know of an urban legend that was supposed to be just a myth to scare people, yet I do know it’s more than just that.

“I assume you have resolved yourself that there must be nothing that I will mention to be known by the public. By that I mean, a contract or perhaps a promise would be easier to understand.” Tania-sensei clicked her finger and raised her right shoulder and showed me a forbidden contract spell. “You don’t need to worry about them seeing or hearing our conversation. It is a bit complicated, but they should not see what is happening nor hear us. I’m willing to share with you what I know, but you have to tell me your reason.” There was no hesitation in my mind. “I’ve been looking for information and so far, I’ve got nothing. I don’t mind having to bear a burden.” “I see if that’s your choice, you cannot go back once we start the process.” Her words were filled with unknown danger and uncertainty, in spite of that, I accepted it head-on. I did not understand but Tania-sensei created a transparent barrier that made us able to speak in private despite having Principal Cainne, Professor Goodwill, and Sheila-san in the room.

“I will explain it to you in a moment but roll up your sleeves and point your right index finger to the back of your left palm.” Tania-sensei indicated before I followed her words, and a distinct pain soon imprinted a cursed mark…but it was quite different to what Tania-sensei has on her shoulder.

“Now that, that is out of the way I assume you wanted to ask what I just did.” I nodded curiously.

“Ancient Magic: Curse Mark, however, in this case I tweaked some parts in it to successfully imprint the curse mark within you. This curse mark is an oath or a vow that one cannot break unless a price is paid ––– death in other words. This is the kind of resolve you need to have.” I nodded and already accepted that as long as I can learn more information, I don’t care what happens to me.

“Now, with this curse mark it is used to control the people who know the existence of The Nazarick of Oden, you will soon feel it–––the small fragment of what Nazarick of Oden really is.” I did not feel anything at first before a burning sensation rushed through my spine then shifted towards my head. A piercing sensation as if someone is forcefully implanting something inside my brain.

I soon realized I was viewing the Nazarick of Oden in my mind.

There were no actual records of people inhabiting the Nazarick of Oden, yet there were rituals held inside it. Strange runes of writing and it was built out of hard stone – at least the outside was. I slowly walked and pried across the dim entrance. There were rustlings of bushes nearby and footsteps of a hurried person. “…! Absolute Zero: Frost Bite! Aaarghh!”

“W-what the hell…! You said that you will always stand beside us and yet… why did you have to protect us from the attack! Oi, Celt!” The man’s robe was tattered and worn out. Tears coerced with the blood at the ground gushing everywhere until it reached a withered plant.

“D-don’t be stupid… I’m just taking a nap, Mirio…” Upon closer look her pierced left abdomen and crushed arms were already weak from losing a lot of blood and the immense pain from her fractured bones.

“...” Wearing a tight robe painted with mauve color it was Tania-sensei.

“Tania, Nazarick of Oden is just up ahead…you should go.” The man caressed the wounded woman tightly as if keeping her life in his hands as hard as he could. She slowly gasped for air and breathed. “Tania, go. You can still walk and out of everyone that was with us in the beginning, knows you are the one who needs to learn the truth inside the Nazarick of Oden.” Tania-sensei remained silent, clenching her pale hands tightly.

“Go. This is as far as Mirio and I could go. It was a very crappy journey coming here, yet, I cannot forget the memories we have created from this shitty place. Go...Tania don’t trip on your way, ok?” Subsequently a brief of deafening silence accompanied Tania-sensei as she reluctantly walked bearing an unimaginable weight whilst the world is nonchalantly pressing her down. I could just watch as the events unfolds before my eyes.

I walked near where the man Mirio and woman Celt was. The man ended his life along with the woman who was supposedly her fiancé. “Their face…” It wasn’t a happy face or a sad one, simply, the faces of one who lived fully. Staring at the outside of the Nazarick of Oden I followed the fragments of Tania-sensei.

Following her I looked inside and saw the place to be dead empty. Tania-sensei’s face was filled with fear and despair. Everywhere she looked, it was only dust, crumbled walls, missing footholds, used traps, and an empty Nazarick of Oden.

“What the hell is going on…?” Tania-sensei screamed filled with unwavering anger.

I stared blankly at the desolated Nazarick of Oden. Both Tania-sensei and I was devastated.

“Hahahahaha…! What kind of sick joke is this? I did not come here…” Tania-sensei cannot keep disregarding her mixed feelings. “I did not come here for this kind of crap…! Then what was the point of our hardships? Of our sacrifices!? What was the point of it for this kind of sick joke?” I could only hear the echoes and woes of Tania-sensei in distraught. Questions atop questions ran over me unable to think and react.

 

Abruptly, pulling me back from reality, I could not help but look at Tania-sensei with sadness and pity, but that did not what came out of my mouth.

“What did those memories mean? The Nazarick of Oden is empty, even though my sister was taken held there?”

“That’s right. The Nazarick of Oden is empty.” Tania-sensei shattered what little hope I had.

“Then, what is the meaning of this?” I grasped the curse mark now imprinted within my arm.

“You should not raise your voice like that.” All of a sudden, an unforeseen force rammed me against the barrier. 

“I will now tell you what I had learned after I left that place.”

“It was a fake one. The Nazarick of Oden that I desperately investigated was an imitation of the real Nazarick of Oden. All that suffering transpired to a shit show.” Little by little the force pushing me against the wall slowly lifted its pressure.

“The exact location of the Nazarick of Oden is currently unknown. However, most likely it is not in this continent.” One word stuck with me.

“Continent? What does that mean?” I could not understand.

“Unfortunately, this is only what I can tell you as of now even with the curse mark within you. Although if you are dead set on finding the Nazarick of Oden, then, I suggest that you should first be aware of your being and learn the world before you. And I hope the conclusion you will find is different from us. Then just maybe our sacrifices might not be in vain...” Tania-sensei lifted the transparent barrier.

‘My being…’

“You can go now, Shinra Mavirus.” Tania-sensei took a sip from the cup of tea.

I looked at the room one more time and I thought in the back of my mind that Sheila-san seemed a bit different from what I remembered the last time I saw her.

I pressed onto the door handle and left the room. Kan was waiting patiently with Secretary Inerva.

“Oi, are you ok Shinra?”

Even so there are things I should be happy about; one being that is the people around me this time.

“Yeah, I’m fine I’ll go back to the dorm and take a rest.”

“Ok, if you say so. I’ll see you later!” Kan tried to put up a front.

“One thing before I go, you should not keep a mask when you’re hurting Kan.” I don’t want anyone of us to lie to ourselves.

Kan tried to say something before he got back inside.

As I walked back to the dorm. “I have something to ask of you.” Secretary Inerva leaned in and whispered something to me, I nodded in response.

 

 

Kan Uolo POV

 

I am fully aware that all of us hold a dreary past, yet out of the three of us I had the least amount of ambition. I looked at my trembling legs who have lost all the resolve, driven solely by an illusion of strength.

“One thing before I go, you should not keep a mask when you’re hurting Kan.” Like a thunder, the illusory strength I had put together was shattered.  “I…see you later.” I could not look Shinra in the eye instead I got inside the room.

The familiar downcast gaze and lackluster presence. How long have I forgotten this feeling?

“Take a seat, Kan Uolo.” Tania-sensei and everyone remained the same as they were earlier as Secretary Inerva closed the door and sat next to Sheila-san.

“Are you fine?” Professor Goodwill asked me worriedly.

It was very clear that I was not feeling well mentally. Still, I responded that I am fine. An act of self-reassurance, after all this is what I always do, and it has managed to get me this far.

“You seem a bit disheartened and conflicted.” Tania-sensei looked at me as if grasping what am I here for.

I could only think of nothing and continued auto-piloting. At the very least, that is what I think is right in this situation. As it was the only thing, I know what to do.

“I want to ask you, Kan Uolo. What do you think of yourself?” I could barely hear Tania-sensei asked me a question while my mind continued to drift elsewhere.

My eyes couldn’t look anywhere and gaze at the table between us. “I think of myself almost every second about what I act like, what I feel, what I look like, and all sorts of stuff. I always seek for something that only I can do. I never once think of myself as something--”

“Tell me, why did you enroll in this school?”

“I enrolled because I thought that I have a good affinity with wind, and I might just be able to pass the entrance exam.”

“What are your opinions of the school now that you are studying at Tempest?”

“I am very grateful that I get to meet extraordinary people and that I look forward to the future.”

“What do you think about your group with Mika Torri and Shinra Mavirus?”

“They are both good people and filled with ambitions that I could barely stand beside them.”

“I see, one last thing why did you go for a magic school when you are barely, if not unsuited to be a magician?”

“I...I wanted to let everyone know... I wanted to be accepted by my parents... by my father.”

“That will be all, you can go now Kan Uolo.”

‘Is it finally over?’ Was the only thing that I could think of as I reached for the door...

0