Chapter 1 – I reincarnated, now what? (1)
618 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An unknown ceiling….

Pfft. What is this, another cliche introduction to a transmigration novel?

May truly thought she had read one too many isekai novels during her procrastination sessions in the midst of the pandemic. 

Let’s go back to sleep

She burrowed herself back into warm fluffy blanket, enjoying the velvety texture of her pillow with a ‘hauuu~’ Slowly adjusting her body into a fetal position, her eyelids started to settle down and her breathing started to slow as she gradually drifted back to—

“Please excuse my intrusion … How is your fever, my lady?”

“I was just getting cozy so WHY?!”

The voice which politely attempted to wake the supposed ‘Lady Rosette’ paused due to shock. The maid, Theresa, in her 7 years of serving Lady Rosette, had never seen her raise her voice even once.

Her eyes widen and her mouth went agape at the sight of her supposed ‘Reserved Fairy Princess of Yttrea Duchy’ start to roll around on her bed, making weird groans and kicking her blankets in a fuss. 

Lost on how to approach the matter, she decided to ignore the unbecoming scene unfolding in front of her. Her 30+ years of experience as a senior maid helped remain a poker face despite facing such calamity.

‘Yes… everyone has those days. I suppose… however she may seem reserved and well-mannered, my lady is still a child after all.’ The maid naively reasoned with her lady’s actions. 

“Did you get enough sleep, my lady?”

May sat up abruptly, startling the maid.

‘Who the fuck asks such a shameless question after waking a person about to sleep? YOU! YOU’RE THE ONE DEPRIVING OF MY SLEEP!’ 

May wanted to complain, but stopped short of speaking her thoughts out loud upon seeing the unfamiliar face beside her bed.

Hey… It can’t be… right?

An unwelcome and unsettling thought floated in May’s mind.

The room she was in was several times larger than her whole 1-bedroom flat she rented as a university student. It was more lavish; the marble white ceiling was chiselled into vine-like structures with detail, her bed was multiple times bigger than a single bed she usually slept in, the cloth material covering the beddings felt too expensive to touch.

It gave off very… medieval European vibes. The woman who disturbed her sleep, also wore Victorian era maid’s outfit she was very used to seeing in mangas and anime.

She looked at her hands, they were small and pale. The tuff of hair she sees in the corner of her eyes was a dark rosy red, a big contrast to the dark black hair she used to have.

No way, for real?

“What’s my name?” May timidly asked the mid-40 years old woman looking at her with concerned eyes.

The maid’s eyes widened at the question, but immediately disappeared as if her facial expression never changed in the first place. With much composure, she answered.

“My lady, you are Rosette Yttrea, daughter of Duke Yttrea.”

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

May wanted to swear but she just lifelessly stared at her unnecessarily luxurious ceilings with eyes of a dead fish. 

This is it, isn’t it? The rumoured isekai trope that has been the main genre of novels she has been reading lately.

But she hasn’t been smashed into by a stray truck-kun. She vividly remembered complaining about her load of university assignments before going to sleep. It was a very mundane day. There’s nothing dramatic, so WHY?

Plus who the hell is this Rosette Yttrea supposed to be? 

She had read too many novels to procrastinate with her studies, she was a very degenerate isekai hoe and a sucker for villainess noble girl isekai. But none of the plot stuck with her after she was done reading.

When someone transmigrates, isn’t it usually because they have some absurd attachment to some romance story?

What the hell is this? Hey, god? EXPLAIN THIS?!


Author's Notes:

Hi! Just wanted to explain how this story came to be.

After reading literally almost every isekai shoujo novels acceptable, I started to notice the subtle similarities in the isekai genre (the cliches~) and had this small urge to make a joke out of these. This isn't intended to be a story with serious intense plot, just something I wrote for the laughs and quick read.

My first language isn't English so if you notice any errors/improvements, I'd appreciate if you'd point them out. Lots of love!

21