Revision 1 Prologue
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world renown game: Embassy Online, more c̶o̵m̵m̵o̸n̴l̴y̵ known as Embassy, has finally reached its conclusion- with the death of Vivian Veldorbell, the lead developer still looming over our heads we must look forward to the companies newest creation; Resurrect Word Online! 

 

“It looks like it's finally the end.” spoke one man with short black hair.

 

“Indeed” replied one of the quieter occupants of the room, a young girl with long blond lockes.

 

The room, which was decorated in a very royal fashion found itself filled with an uneasy tension that could be felt by all the occupants.

 

Another girl spoke, “I know how you all feel, we've experienced a lot together-  we've had losses and we've had our victories, but I want you guys to know that i've had fun. Really.” The girl who spoke had a regal elegance about her which only accentuated the tears that ran down her cheeks. This girls name was “Minerva” a play on the Roman Goddess of Wisdom, she was the leader of this Guild.

 

The Guild in question was the Highest Ranked Guild on all the leaderboards, and every member was widely known as a sort of e-celebrity and each had millions of fans worldwide. This guild was called “Sleep Deprived”

 

“H-Hey there's no need to cry! We’ll be able to play together in the new game right?” cried out another man with silver hair.

 

“Ahh… did I not mention? I'm… I’m retiring.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A young girl slowly started to stir awake, she has medium-length brown hair with darker streaks and matching hazel eyes. She opened her eyes and her vision was slightly blurry, bringing her hand up to her eyes, she wiped away the salty fluid. “Ahh… why can't I move past that part of my life?”

 

Suddenly the door burst open and a pale woman wearing a maid outfit suit entered the gloomy bedroom.

 

“What are you doing lazing around? You have work!” shouted the pale woman.

“”I quit, part-time work isn’t for me.” replied the still sleepy woman.

The same unnatural tick mark that appears on anime characters appeared on the pale woman's face, in a fit of irritation her scolding managed to reach decibel levels well over the recommended amount. “You’re nineteen years old, it's been two years since your mother passed. You know how insistent she was that you become self-sufficient, even though the amount of money she made from Embassy was somewhere in the quadrillions.”

 

“I'm quite aware of my mother's riches, no thanks to you Caroline.” replied the younger girl.

 

“You joke too much Young Lady” scolded Caroline.

 

“Young Lady? You're pretty prude for my childhood friend.” The now named Kate crossed her arms and started pouting.

“Che- get a job, play games again, or become a prostitute. That’s what your options have devolved into, and honestly I don’t really give a shit about which you choose.”

”Saying it Iike that really only leaves one option, not really fair. Not to mention, people have probably forgotten all about “Minerva” by now.”

 

“Then just start over, it's really not that complicated.”

 

Kate didn't respond, instead she opted to pull the warm duvet over her head and mewling in satisfaction.

 

Shortly after, Caroline quietly left the room. Though had she stayed, she would’ve seen the other woman searching “What ever happened to Minerva?”


1