Revision 1 Chapter 1
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Minerva (Min-ur-va) is the roman goddess of wisdom and strategic warfare and the sponsor of arts, trade, and strategy. For different results see: Minerva (Streamer)

 

Whilst scrolling through the various search results, our protagonist tapped on the result which most matched her inquiry. 

 

What happened to Minerva?”

 

Does anyone even know why she left? or what she moved onto after embassy? Personally I found her content really entertaining, so I was just wondering if anyone had the slightest idea.”

 

The result she tapped just happened to be a forum post on the front page of the internet. Seeing that most of the replies to the inquiry were just confirmation that nobody knew where she had gone, the reply that didn't, really caught her attention.

 

“Why does it even matter? I mean think about it, would she even be able to survive in the streaming landscape nowadays? Almost everyone is playing Aether; a game with no meta- to summarize, Minerva only got to the top because she abused the meta in a game that relied on never changing anything.”

 

“...”

 

“When was this posted?!? How dare this little bastard say that I can't thrive in the modern era of gaming!”

 

And so a single week passed.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Somewhere in Northern Europe two people sat in a cafe.

 

“I have to wonder, what’s your motive? Why suddenly call me out here?” questioned a man who looked to be roughly in his late twenties. 

 

“Oh? Why so cautious? Can't one guild leader invite another for coffee?” replied a woman who could easily pass for a teenager.

 

“Of course, But you're not just any guild leader. Are you, Miss. Puppetry Princess?”

 

“Shhhhhh!! Are you trying to get me noticed?! Idiot!”

 

To any bystander the pair looked like a couple straight out of a shoujo manga and everyone who knew them would agree, which in turn really ruffles their feathers. No, in reality these two were ex-members of the Embassy Guild “Sleep Deprived”

 

The man was named Calvin but was more commonly known as “Billion Blade” Deviant, a name drawn from his extreme proficiency with blades.

 

The woman was named Vail but was more commonly known as “Puppetry Princess” Vanoam (Va-No-Um), because of her natural ability to charm people.

 

“I guess you caught me. No, the reason i've called you here is because a little birdie told me some interesting information.” stated Vail quickly changing from her previously childish tone to an uncharacteristically serious one.

 

“Oh? And what is that?” questioned our favorite Deviant.

 

Vail let loose a chuckle before replying slyly like she had already one the conversation. “A guild member of mine reported to me that a world quest was created” 

 

“I see... Why is that such a big deal?”

 

“I knew you were an idiot, but I didn't think you were that brainless. The reason is because of the contents. It's a manhunt, a search for a specific player. Though, this player is someone we both know very well, a player who hasn't been online in years.”

 

“You don't mean?” spouted Calvin

 

“Yup, It looks like a developer got an axe to grind with their dead boss's daughter.”

 

“And that means!!”


“You might be a fool but you catch on quickly. It means that Katie has logged into Aether Online in the last week”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

4 Days Prior.

 

“Hello? Miss? Where are you?” shouted Caroline who was wandering through the halls in search of her employer.

 

“Ah! I'm in here!” responded Katherine.

 

Walking into the cluttered office revealed the young woman sitting in a large gaming rig.

 

“So you're actually taking my advice? I'm surprised.”

 

“Your words had nothing to do with this, I just felt like playing games again.”

 

Caroline looked questionably at Kate before letting loose a sigh. “Yeah, sure. I'll let you be then.”

Just like that the woman left the room leaving Katherine all alone. “Finally, It's time to dive in.”

 

[Welcome To Aether Online. Please Select 5 rank F skills.]

 

“Ahh, I Should explain the character system right?”

 

Basically, A character is divided into it's [Stats], [Skills],[Techniques], [Titles] and [Jobs]. Starting with Stats, They start at 0 and earning certain conditions raises your stats. Next is Skills, Skills are given for completing certain conditions and they grant you new power. Techniques are exactly as they sound, shortcuts that let you use combinations of your skills that you've designated as a technique. Titles are names given by the system that represent your achievements. And finally Jobs, jobs are earned through certain conditions, or being hired as a specific job. Jobs lead to Job skills which is an entirely different cup of tea, that I just don't feel like explaining. I'm sure you understand anyway.

 

Anyway, here are the skills that Selected:

 

[Replication] (Replicate oneelf, others, and/or objects. Proficiency 0)

 

[Body Manipulation] (Harden! Expand! Stretch! Nothing is off limits with this versatile ability! Proficiency 0)

 

[Transmute] (Transform matter using atomically similar matter. Proficiency 0)

 

[Gyrate] (Rotate any part of your body at extreme speeds turning your limbs into something akin to drills. Proficiency 0)

 

[Clairvoyance] (See briefly into the future. Proficiency 0)

Now that we've gotten the somewhat interesting stuff out of the way it's time for the game to perform an invasion of privacy. 

 

[Scanning Biometric Data------------ Identity confirmed: Katherine Veldorbell. Previous Account Found. Scanning Account for achievements------- Confirmed. You have been given the highest ranker exclusive title: [The one who surpassed the system] as such all of your stats have been increased by 5, Your fame has increased by 100, and you're able to select any unique skill from the following 3:[Chlorokinesis][Osteokinesis][Hemokinesis]

 

If I was a fool I'd be very confused right now, luckily I studied before I logged in. The answer is easy! Chlorokinesis!”

 

[Confirmed------- Please Enter a name...]

 

“Minerva”

[Name Taken.]

"Whoever stole my name is a bitch. how 'bout Hecate?]

[Confirmed.]

 

Hecate: Level 1

Strength: 5

Stamina: 5

Agility: 5

Intelligence: 5

Vitality: 5

Skills:[Replication][Body Manipulation] [Transmute] [Gyrate] [Clairvoyance][Chlorokinesis]

Techniques: N/A

Titles: [The one who surpassed the system]

Jobs: N/A

 

[Welcome (Hecate) to Aether Online]

1